R.I.P. Blockbuster...

I'm all for technology moving forward...still a bit sad to see a part of my childhood disappearing.

So much memories..........
I remember renting a Playstation 1 and Nintendo 64 before buying them. And after having bought them renting games for them non stop.

I remember the times when we would hit blockbuster up and rent the movies on Friday nights. Moms always yelling at me to rewind the movies on the VCR :lol: You will be missed.

major part of my childhood. every weekend was depended on blockbuster for me.  I used to beep my mom 911 from her job so she can drive me to blockbuster to rent a game when a new game dropped.  i also rented so many cartoon, wrestling and anime(when it wasnt even called that and it was in the sci fi section).  

everything is gone now *sigh* 

you will be missed blockbuster. 

anyone have an idea of what they'll be selling and for what prices?

nerd.gif

I used to work there back in the day
Have any stories to tell?
not really a story but they lost their contract with a movie studio or something like that

so my bro has to take the store credit card and buy out all the copies from Target and Walmart on Tuesday mornings

to rent for some new releases.  I remember him being mad that he had to go and buy tons of copies of Magic Mike 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Can't wait for a thread in November that tracks the Rise and Fall of Liberal conjecture and innuendo on Niketalk.

Back
Top Bottom