Question about very first pair of Air Jordans designed/released

its this pair right?

my friend was telling me it was the white/neutral gray color way, but i was sure it was the black/white/red color way

yeah, i was almost positive it was these, but he was telling me they weren't, it could be the black toes though, cuz those are the ones in the logo

If you want to be specific, that pic is of a 94' retro not the 85' OG. And yes, as far as I can think....as colorwise that was the first colorway....

yeah i remember hearing about some people callign them devil colors and they wouldnt where them and they got fined or somehting, and released them with twodifferent laces?but i couldnt remember if they were these or not. correct me if im wrong

edit- if someone has a picture of the originals, can you please post them?

edit- I just checked on jumpman23.com these are the originals, well not exactly, the originals werent that high and had a darker red color

I am pretty sure it was the OG Black Toe's. I remember hearing they didn't think that there wasn't enough red on the black toes to there liking sothey created those pictured above.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i'm sure the og heads will come thru n clear stuff up
SoLeSuPrEmE isn't OG head enough? when it comes to Air Jordans (1s especially I would say) theres scarcely anybody I would trust over thatguy. Peep this post for lots of AJ1 knowledge if you think i'm not serious

i am almost positive it was the black/reds i remember waiting for the 1's and when i went to get them on release they had the blk/red and said the whitered and black were not out yet and if i remember black toes and metalics came out even later but then again i think i was only 12 yrs old or so .

black/red 1st release blk/white/red non wings logo was possably the first design / prototype but i am so old i remember my mom taking me to get these and idont know if it was just the store or what but they had the blk/red and said the blk/white/red would come out later in the month or something i couldnt wait ihad to get the black / red i had to be the first one around my town to have them .

that link is just showing the 1's in general i mean those look like mids . like something that would come in a countdown pack .

oh, ok, i wasnt sure either, arent the countdown 1's supposed to be coming out in high's though? if they are, imma definetly cop.

The Bred's were the first retro 1's that jordan ever wore. Shortly, after he got fined from the NBA for violating the NBA Color Regulations by wearingthe Bred colorway they then created the red/black/white ones pictured above to take the bred's place since the bred's colorway was against NBAregulations. Also, a little after those released then came along the blacks toes but jordan didn't wear dem so much because he didn't like the colorwayas much as the other two pair's before the black toe's. Later all these other colorways came out for the public's intrest really. Therefore, theBred's are the firsts ones to come out.

Back
Top Bottom