Question about Drake's R&B...

Well, there are several videos on youtube where he's singing live, and he sounds pretty good to me.

Whether he sings or not, imo what he does sound pretty good. Word to "I get lonely too," "Brand New," "On My Way," "Fall For Your Type," etc.
Oh and imo, probably the best thing about his R&B is the concepts and beats that 40 hooks him up with. 

Well, there are several videos on youtube where he's singing live, and he sounds pretty good to me.

Whether he sings or not, imo what he does sound pretty good. Word to "I get lonely too," "Brand New," "On My Way," "Fall For Your Type," etc.
Oh and imo, probably the best thing about his R&B is the concepts and beats that 40 hooks him up with. 

He's not a good singer but the limited range he does have works for the songs he writes.

He's not a good singer but the limited range he does have works for the songs he writes.

Y did drizzy can the damned R&B mixtape? 
mad.gif
 i kno it would have been hot. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jhawkin826

That's true.
No one can deny though, that his r&b is 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jhawkin826

That's true.
No one can deny though, that his r&b is 
pimp.gif

I heard drake sing on SNL and I was in disbelief at how terrible it was. What no one has mentioned yet are the wonders that studio and auto tune can do for your voice. The man can't hit a note point blank, and this is no hate, cuz his r& b tracks usually come out fire.

I heard drake sing on SNL and I was in disbelief at how terrible it was. What no one has mentioned yet are the wonders that studio and auto tune can do for your voice. The man can't hit a note point blank, and this is no hate, cuz his r& b tracks usually come out fire.

I told my sister that Fruit cake couldn't sing and she still doesn't believe me, I didn't get a birthday card. Call me a hater, but I'd put bomb in his shoe.

I told my sister that Fruit cake couldn't sing and she still doesn't believe me, I didn't get a birthday card. Call me a hater, but I'd put bomb in his shoe.

Originally Posted by zona0924

I've seen video proof to counter this. He can at least hit a note live

Originally Posted by zona0924

I've seen video proof to counter this. He can at least hit a note live

saw him back in june of last year and he was pretty dope live including the songs where he had to sing, all his r&b joints are on point and at first i didnt like I Get Lonely Too but that has become one of my favorite songs and him working closely with the weeknd is going to work wonders for his r&b discography.

saw him back in june of last year and he was pretty dope live including the songs where he had to sing, all his r&b joints are on point and at first i didnt like I Get Lonely Too but that has become one of my favorite songs and him working closely with the weeknd is going to work wonders for his r&b discography.

Back
Top Bottom