QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Pats down 28-14
Hawks down 19-7

Pats vs Hawks in Super Bowl. :lol: :lol:

Gonna be a good one, ton of storylines.

Russ #2.
Brady #4.

6 total for Brady.

Bill & Pete used to coach together in NE.

Revis v Sherman.

Gronk.

Both #1 seeds.

Last edited:
How many quarterbacks play as well as Russell Wilson has on that pay scale?

Also Belichick and Carroll haven't coached together

I misspoke, Bill taking over after Pete. That's my bad.

NE, Seattle fans, good luck in 2 weeks.

How many quarterbacks play as well as Russell Wilson has on that pay scale?

(Shrugs). Look up recent young QBs, especially after the rookie wage scale implementation. It's not like he resigned at that contract :lol:

Tom v Sea D. That's a dream matchup

Using "U mad" or the word "hater" = nothing to say

Enjoy your win a55. It was an incredible, never will happen again in our lifetime type of win for you guys.

Luck played like ****. Wilson played like ****. One team won. One team lost. There are reasons for that. Neither of which was because of QB play.

Using "U mad" or the word "hater" = nothing to say

Enjoy your win a55. It was an incredible, never will happen again in our lifetime type of win for you guys.

Luck played like ****. Wilson played like ****. One team won. One team lost. There are reasons for that. Neither of which was because of QB play.

I mean Russell did throw the winning TD soooooooo......

View media item 1359300

Last edited:
i try to be objective as possible about seahawk players..

Russ played like **** today. in person those throws were even more horrible than the tv broadcast when i watched the highlights, except the two that were tipped off of kearse's hands. but the most important thing is that russ didn't play as if he was playing the worst game of his life at the end.

at the end of the day though he played PERFECT football at the most important time.

MVP was marshawn though, to get 150+ yards rushing while being behind on the scoreboard is some ****.

Back to back Super Bowls because we may be seeing the greatest defense in NFL history. Not because of Russ.

Folks need to start absorbing this.

Last year they beat Drew Brees with Russ throwing 9completions and 103 yards.
They murked Peyton Manning with Russ finally helping up 29-0.

They just held Aaron Rodgers to 5 FG's in a game in which Seattle had FIVE turnovers.
Now they face Brady.

You saw it today. Seattle is the first defense to allow the fewest yards and points in back to back years since the 85-86 Bears.

Beating Peyton-Brady, hack to back Super Bowls, with Brees-Rodgers as playoff notches? In the passing era?

Yet Seattle's offense is driven by Marshawn Lynch. Again, during the passing era heyday.

Russ will always have the Fail Mary TD. The Slide 4th INT. The 2 Pt Conversion. And the 3/3 OT.

But just a very good defense today allows more than 22 points with 5 turnovers. Seattle has a historic defense, to this point.

If they beat Tom, I think the 85 Bears become an afterthought.

And folks will try to wedge Russ into the credit. :smh:

MVP was marshawn though, to get 150+ yards rushing while being behind on the scoreboard is some ****.

Incredible fact when you think about it. Down the entire game, they still kept going to Lynch to come back. How many teams/backs do that?

Repped man.

It not as easy as oh they have an all time great defense......Super Bowl

What other all time greatest defenses have gone to back to back Super Bowls?

2008 Steelers? No

2002 Buccaneers? Nope?

2000 Ravens? Nein

1990 Giants? Nah

1985 Giants? Nada

You have to go back the 1970s for the last time an all time great defense went to Back to back Super Bowl was the Steelers and they had a Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw

That is special territory for Russell Wilson

Also realize that Marshawn Lynch is a lot more effective when he is paired with the zone read scheme with Russell Wilson

Back to back Super Bowls because we may be seeing the greatest defense in NFL history. Not because of Russ.

They just held Aaron Rodgers to 5 FG's in a game in which Seattle had FIVE turnovers.
Now they face Brady.

You saw it today. Seattle is the first defense to allow the fewest yards and points in back to back years since the 85-86 Bears.

Beating Peyton-Brady, hack to back Super Bowls, with Brees-Rodgers as playoff notches? In the passing era?

Yet Seattle's offense is driven by Marshawn Lynch. Again, during the passing era heyday.

Russ will always have the Fail Mary TD. The Slide 4th INT. The 2 Pt Conversion. And the 3/3 OT.

But just a very good defense today allows more than 22 points with 5 turnovers. Seattle has a historic defense, to this point.

Yes! This defense is historic especially in this day and age with all these rules favoring the qb/wr. many thought the LOB would have trouble with the emphasis on holding calls on the defense this year but it hasn't been the case at all. defense plays fast, smart, and most importantly disciplined.

also it's worth noting the rushing offense of the seahawks is very very good. #1 DVOA and the gap between the seahawks and the 2nd best rushing team is HUGE.

Russ isn't asked to do much, and as a result it is hard for him to find a rhythm. i believe seahawks were dead last in pass attempts per game, not because necessarily russ isn't capable of more but the rushing attack is so good and puts pressure on the opponents offense to maximize the smaller amount of possessions to score on our defense.

the reason why most seahawk fans cape so hard for russ is because 1) no security blanket or true #1 receiver (#1 and #2 were undrafted free agents). 2) pass pro is AWFUL (above run blocking though). literally there are only a few qbs that could survive with this o-line and put out the production russ does. Russ is mobile, for the most part accurate, and very good at throwing while on the run. all of this helps mask some of our problems in the passing game. as a passer, he's no Luck, but russ' mobility makes him so valuable for the seahawks.

Last edited:

Now they face Brady.

Yes! This defense is historic especially in this day and age with all these rules favoring the qb/wr. many thought the LOB would have trouble with the emphasis on holding calls on the defense this year but it hasn't been the case at all. defense plays fast, smart, and most importantly disciplined.

also it's worth noting the rushing offense of the seahawks is very very good. #1 DVOA and the gap between the seahawks and the 2nd best rushing team is HUGE.

Russ isn't asked to do much, and as a result it is hard for him to find a rhythm. i believe seahawks were dead last in pass attempts per game, not because necessarily russ isn't capable of more but the rushing attack is so good and puts pressure on the opponents offense to maximize the smaller amount of possessions to score on our defense.
s.

The rushing attack is really effective because of Russell Wilson as a running thread too

If you take away the yards Russell Wilson has gained, the Seahawks move down to like 10th in the NFL

Marshawn also gets a lot yards before contact because linebackers and edge players can't fast flow to the ball because of Russell Wilson

It not as easy as oh they have an all time great defense......Super Bowl

What other all time greatest defenses have gone to back to back Super Bowls?

2008 Steelers? No

2002 Buccaneers? Nope?

2000 Ravens? Nein

1990 Giants? Nah

1985 Giants? Nada

You have to go back the 1970s for the last time an all time great defense went to Back to back Super Bowl was the Steelers and they had a Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw

That is special territory for Russell Wilson

Also realize that Marshawn Lynch is a lot more effective when he is paired with the zone read scheme with Russell Wilson

You come up with some of the weirdest nonsense on this board. Good God. :x

Now they face Brady.

the reason why most seahawk fans cape so hard for russ is because 1) no security blanket or true #1 receiver (#1 and #2 were undrafted free agents). 2) pass pro is AWFUL (above run blocking though). literally there are only a few qbs that could survive with this o-line and put out the production russ does. Russ is mobile, for the most part accurate, and very good at throwing while on the run. all of this helps mask some of our problems in the passing game. as a passer, he's no Luck, but russ' mobility makes him so valuable for the seahawks.

You on the other hand, get it.

You Seattle fans have every right to cape for Russ, and shouldn't care one lick what people like myself say about him as long as he keeps getting Wins.

The reasoning behind those wins is what we get after. You guys need not worry about the why's, just enjoy the how's.

You on the other hand, get it.

You Seattle fans have every right to cape for Russ, and shouldn't care one lick what people like myself say about him as long as he keeps getting Wins.

The reasoning behind those wins is what we get after. You guys need not worry about the why's, just enjoy the how's.

just annoying to see after every game whether russ plays good or not, is the main topic of discussion even though the passing offense is the least important part of our team outside of special teams. just would like to see more love for my man marshawn lynch, one of the best big game rbs ever.

Pabs, kinda felt left out I didn't get a **** you. :frown:

What am I, chopped liver? :lol:

I don't know what to do with Brady. Win, he's 4-2. Lose, he's 3-3. 3 wins as average QB. 3 losses as elite QB. (Hello, point).

Completely diff team than 01-04, or 07-12 SB teams. Meaning he's guided roster after roster to Super Bowls in 6 of 13 full years. :wow: :x :smh:

Postseason record Wins, Completions, Attempts, TD's, Yards.

Could argue GOAT win or lose, depending on how he plays.

Back
Top Bottom