Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

Marbury fan or not, if you were a starting PG your whole career and even though he is a basketball player and should be in great shape, you have a coach andnew GM who says that you have a clean state, fresh start. Come to camp in better shape then anybody on this team and then play him the whole pre-season. Thenyou just bench him the first game?

The only reason they want him to play now is because Jamals gone and Nates hurt. They did Steph dirty so why should he help D'Antoni? Yeah he's getingpaid all this money but he wanted to play and he should play because he's a basketball player but that's exactly what D'Antoni took away from him,the chance to play. Now he's gonna let him be the starting SG when Steph has been told he's not even in there plans??

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

Marbury fan or not, if you were a starting PG your whole career and even though he is a basketball player and should be in great shape, you have a coach and new GM who says that you have a clean state, fresh start. Come to camp in better shape then anybody on this team and then play him the whole pre-season. Then you just bench him the first game?

The only reason they want him to play now is because Jamals gone and Nates hurt. They did Steph dirty so why should he help D'Antoni? Yeah he's geting paid all this money but he wanted to play and he should play because he's a basketball player but that's exactly what D'Antoni took away from him, the chance to play. Now he's gonna let him be the starting SG when Steph has been told he's not even in there plans??

His contract says it, and he owes it to his teammates and the fans to go out there and play when called on.

What he's doing is straight childish, and I don't see how it's defendable.

You have yet to address what Dantoni did though.

There's no way you can tell me that what he did wasn't childish OR defendable.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

steph warming bench > q chucking bricks

and that is the damn truth. him, tim thomas, roberson, and the rest of the chuckers on this team can all go straight to hell. i care not what q has to say, because him chucking all night isn't very teamate worthy either. so they are both in the wrong.

if mike d wasn't acting like an idiot in the first place, steph not playing wouldn't be an issue, but q's chucking still would be. regardless, i don't know why anybody expects steph to come and bail out the knicks, i mean, would you?

people expect steph to be treted like booty, and then act like its all good. get real. that's not professionalism, that's being human.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

It was, but don't you think possibly, maybe, just a chance that Marbury might have brought that upon himself? He's had the reputation asbeing the worst teammate in basketball for some time now. And he's doing NOTHING now to prove otherwise. You can think that he has nothing to gain fromplaying but he really does.

If I was him, I'd tuck my tail between my legs, and just play when I got the chance. If they don't play me fine, I'll take a buy out and playsomewhere else. At least he can set himself up for a contract this summer by doing that. He's not getting anymore than the vet minimum going about it theway he is.

Steph has been embarrassed all year by the Knicks. They told him that they were moving in a different direction and that he wasn't in they're futureplans so he shouldn't expect to play. They basically ostricized him from the team at the beginning of the year. Why should Steph feel the need to play whenthe team was shorthanded after this occured? The organization has lied to him since D'antoni was hired and he said that everyone was starting with a cleanslate. They might as well buyout Steph and give him that $20 mill honestly.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

What'd he do?

Play him in the preseason? Tell him they were starting with a clean slate?

That was misleading, you're right. I don't see how it warrants Steph acting this way, though.

By the way, you have to be crazy if you thought D'Antoni would play Steph. I knew Steph was done as soon as he signed the contract.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Steph has been embarrassed all year by the Knicks. They told him that they were moving in a different direction and that he wasn't in they're future plans so he shouldn't expect to play. They basically ostricized him from the team at the beginning of the year. Why should Steph feel the need to play when the team was shorthanded after this occured? The organization has lied to him since D'antoni was hired and he said that everyone was starting with a clean slate. They might as well buyout Steph and give him that $20 mill honestly.

I can agree with you there.

I'm ready to move on.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

The only reason they want him to play now is because Jamals gone and Nates hurt. They did Steph dirty so why should he help D'Antoni? Yeah he's geting paid all this money but he wanted to play and he should play because he's a basketball player but that's exactly what D'Antoni took away from him, the chance to play. Now he's gonna let him be the starting SG when Steph has been told he's not even in there plans??
It's not about helping D'Antoni. Does it not register with you that Steph HAS TO LISTEN TO HIS BOSSES, LIKE IT OR NOT? It's aboutdoing your JOB and being a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE.

Steph is not some solo entity who does whatever he wants and makes his own rules. Steph is not his own boss. Steph has someone who writes his checks, and aslong as he want's to collect those checks, he should have to do what they tell him to. Like it or not. Why? Because it's his job.

Is D'Antoni a scumbag? Did he refuse to baby and coddle Steph so that he can continue to be the most immature and least professional player in the NBA? WHOCARES! It's irrelevant to this situation. It's not about liking your boss, its about doing your job.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you defending Steph's actions AS A PROFESSIONAL (forget morally) actually work jobs. I mean I wake up every @#%%!*#morning and go to work, and do what I need to get my paycheck. It's not about loving my boss, or how they treat me, or what they tell me to do. It'sabout doing what I'm paid to do. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR JOB!

Period.

End of Story.

Can we all agree that it's time for Donnie to stop being stubborn and do what it takes to move on?

I'm sick of the soap operas. Can't we just have a regular season without all the story lines?
smh.gif

Steph is the 2nd highest played player in the league, and he's refusing to play.... I DONT BLAME HIM ONE BIT.

Like I said, it's a stalemate.

1 group feels this way, while the other feels another way.

One thing we can agree on at least is that this situation was not dealt with properly by either side.

I'm just tired of this nonsense and the constant distraction. Regardless of who is right or who is wrong, I just want to move on from Steph. If you'renot going to play him then workout a buyout or don't put him on the bench.

I agree with true blue, this situation wasn't handled in a respectable manner by either party, it's just a matter of how long this gets dragged onuntil we're through this ordeal.

What is it about New Yorkers and their tendency to stand behind their hometown failures/cancers no matter what?

Did he really refuse to play? To me it sounded like he gave Mike a sarcastic answer when asked to play and Mike's ego wasn't going to allow him tobeg...

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

What is it about New Yorkers and their tendency to stand behind their hometown failures/cancers no matter what?
I wont ever understand it.... I know dudes that grew up with steph and went to Lincoln with him and surprisingly none of them are even surprisedat this @*%+... But yet his fans are giving him a pass
laugh.gif

Quite honestly both sides are failures, with this particular situation. Since we want to take the "its his job angle" You don'ttrain someone for a management position, give them management pay, and when their first day in management comes say "hey go clean toilets". Then when2 of the people that were in management are gone come back and say "hey I know you don't like cleaning these toilets, Bob and John left so there is aposition....if you want it" expecting him to jump up and say "YEAH!". Why would he? He's getting the same pay....to do nothing. Expectinghim to come play, especially when we all know once Nate comes back he's going right back to the bench, is stupid. Extremely stupid actually. I think partof being a man is biting the bullet even when you don't like how you are treated, so I can understand people who support management in this. But I think ofit like if I was in the situation I wouldn't play either....since you obviously don't want me...trade me or buyout my contract...but don't make mesit after I did what you wanted

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Quite honestly both sides are failures, with this particular situation. Since we want to take the "its his job angle" You don't train someone for a management position, give them management pay, and when their first day in management comes say "hey go clean toilets". Then when 2 of the people that were in management are gone come back and say "hey I know you don't like cleaning these toilets, Bob and John left so there is a position....if you want it" expecting him to jump up and say "YEAH!". Why would he? He's getting the same pay....to do nothing. Expecting him to come play, especially when we all know once Nate comes back he's going right back to the bench, is stupid. Extremely stupid actually. I think part of being a man is biting the bullet even when you don't like how you are treated, so I can understand people who support management in this. But I think of it like if I was in the situation I wouldn't play either....since you obviously don't want me...trade me or buyout my contract...but don't make me sit after I did what you wanted

Exactly.

its OFFICIAL!! Stephon Marbury will remain a knick

Lebron james just said if he comes to NY, he wants marbury to be resigned and remain on the roster to be the starting pg.

damnnnnnnnnn
laugh.gif

Steph has been a cancer everywhere he's been.

The fact that cats in here defend him is almost on some groupie $@$%.

I'm not saying there isn't fault on both sides, but anyone defending Steph must still think it's like '95 and he's still at Lincoln.

I see dudes call D'Antoni "feminine" for how he's dealing with Steph. I'd use that same word to describe their attachment to Steph.

Back
Top Bottom