PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

IGN review of Ratchet & Clank:ACIT

IGN Ratings for Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3)

[table][tr][th=""]Rating[/th] [th=""]Description[/th] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]out of 10[/td] [td]click here for ratings guide [/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td] [td]Presentation
The folks an Insomniac once again deliver a polished experience with a charming story. Plenty of extras, like animated advertisements, only sweeten the deal.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td] [td]Graphics
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is a very pretty game with a nice art style. It might not be as mind-blowing as its photo-realistic peers like Uncharted 2, but it sure is easy on the eyes.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td] [td]Sound
Some excellent voice work complements an appropriately themed soundtrack. Radio stations that play during space exploration are sweet.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td] [td]Gameplay
Another fine addition to the Ratchet & Clank series. Enjoyable mix of platforming, shooting and puzzle-solving with awesome weapons to use and level-up. Clank sections get a thumbs up.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td] [td]Lasting Appeal
Although you can get through A Crack in Time in about 12 hours, there's way more beyond that to enjoy. Leveling up all your guns is enough to keep me satisfied.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.0
Outstanding[/td] [td]OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Linky
eek.gif
I can't wait!!!!!

pimp.gif

well gentlemen.. i have joined the club today...
I got my ps3 earlier than i expected.

anyone have socom?
im planning on getting more games within the next couple weeks, and im gonna rent uncharted but i needed a FPS. and since i have COD4 on the 360 i didnt needit for ps3 (getting MW2 though)

everytime i try to post some news when i click on the "add reply" it says "oops please add some txt"

W T F

Cats on PC are getting heated.
laugh.gif

[h1]Modern Warfare 2's IWNET Benefits Explained[/h1]

[h2]Developer Infinity Ward tries to fan the flames over lack of dedicated servers.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

Type=count&ClientType=2&ASeg=&AMod=&AOpt=0&AdID=146647&FlightID=128129&TargetID=7941&EntityDefResetFlag=0&Segments=1,66,255,264,348,2092,2747,2863,3219,3494,3975,3982,4170,4178,4602,4603,4608,4611,4678,4723,4834,4840,4917,4951,5015,5036,5188,5194,5195,5718,5906,6013,6102,6312,6382,6489,6654,6663,6671,6701,6886,6998,7396,7752,8587,9209,9319,9598,10327,10606,10609,10612,10725,10820,11071,11754,12248,15232,15247,16251,17862,17864,17902,17988,18085,18113,18453,18511,18587,18671,18722,18723,18774,18801,18802,18831,18852,18887&Targets=6556,21808,6950,7012,6781,6505,7941,8027,22064,22568,22640,22741,23158,6918,19866,7143,7085,7898,10619,13523,15820,14389,14729,22977&Values=25,31,43,51,60,72,82,91,100,110,150,155,206,209,225,227,235,240,268,463,695,833,975,1188,1228,1481,1503,1557,1571,1595,1609,1826,2686,2721,2994,3165,3167,3932,4056,4295,4662,4799,5999,6612,6623,8052,8147,8211,8254,8255,8486,8977,8978,9113,55865,58049,58218,59328,59609,59615,59895,60660&RawValues=&random=cddAIga,bfnNjRAqpzoxr

October 20, 2009 - The hardcore PC gaming community took up arms over the weekend when it was revealed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would not be shipping with dedicated server functionality.

An online petition has even sprung up with hopes to make developer Infinity Ward reconsider. The current count has reached over 100,000 signatures.

Community Manager Robert Bowling recently posted an update on his blog detailing the IWNET service set to replace the dedicated server infrastructure, and hopes to put PC fans at a greater ease.

His four main highlights are posted below.

Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: Bowling says IWNET matchmaking allows players to find and join games much easer than scrolling through lists of servers, each with their own rule and mod sets. This new IWNET infrastructure will "automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL.'

Playlists and Private Matches: Bowling says the new playlist will allow for easier use to finding the type of game you want to play. "This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match," Bowling explains.

Party System and Friendslist: IWNET's friendlist system allows players to see when your friends are online, and makes it easy to invite them into your party and move from game to game. Bowling highlights the fact this is great for Clan use.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: "The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don't have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters," Bowling writes. He says this will allow them to control the quality of the game as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system.

If you were upset about the lack of dedicated server functionality, has this restored your faith in the game?

guess I'll post it in here, but with MW2 will you be able to have guests play online like on Halo 3.
I wish they would of done that with COD 4

Originally Posted by omgitswes

guess I'll post it in here, but with MW2 will you be able to have guests play online like on Halo 3.
I wish they would of done that with COD 4
I doubt it, that was what I actually liked about COD3

[h2]Top 10 Playstation 3 (PS3) Games That Will Dominate Your Wallet This Holiday Season[/h2]
[table][tr][td]Yep, it's rapidly approaching that time of year again. A time for turkey, excess alcohol, over eating and family feuds. Here is our list of the Playstation 3 games that will dominate the news, sales, your wallet and possibly some of those family feuds i mentioned over the upcoming holiday period. Not all the games on the list have fixed in stone launch dates as yet but they are as of this writing all currently scheduled for launch sometime between now and mid to end Jan and all of them are currently taking pre-orders. If the chubby bearded guy in the red suit does not bring you at least 1 of these, he needs a good @$# kicking![/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by Activision[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
cod2.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Description
Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person tactical shooter and the sixth entry in the popular Call of Duty series. True to its name and following the lead of its predecessor, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, it places players in modern combat settings, as opposed to the WWII environments of the earlier Call of Duty games. This modern approach brings with it new weapons, action and options. Coupled with a variety of gameplay modes including single player, multiplayer and the co-op Special Ops Mode, it is destined to be one of the most popular games of 2009 and a worthy addition to the Call of Duty series.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 More Info.
ir

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves by Naughty Dog[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
uncharted2.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Description
Follow-up game to 2007's critically acclaimed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the PlayStation 3 exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a continuation of the adventures of Nathan Drake, a fortune-hunter with a shady reputation and an even shadier past. Chock full of all the action, adventure, cinematic story elements and beautiful graphics that set the first game apart, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves adds deep online multiplayer options, including co-op and competitive campaigns, and a whole new supporting cast of characters, making it yet another must-have title for the PlayStation 3 platform.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves More Info.
ir

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Assassin's Creed II by Ubi Soft[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
assassins2.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Description
The world of the assassin is one cloaked in shadow and steeped in danger. Ensnared in a web of revenge and conspiracy, the assassin embraces power at its most elemental, acting as the dividing line between life and death. As an assassin confronted by perilous new challenges and difficult choices, what path will you choose?

Synopsis
Get ready to plunge into the lush and deadly world of the Italian Renaissance, an era of arts, riches and murderous conspiracy. Assassin's Creed II introduces you to Ezio, a new assassin carrying on the deadly lineage of his forebears. Confront an epic tale of power and corruption as you hone your assassin's art, wielding weapons and instruments designed by the legendary Leonardo da Vinci himself in this gripping and deadly sequel.

Assassins Creed II More Info.
ir

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Tekken 6 by Namco[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tekken6.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Description
Raise your fists and get ready to fight to the brutal finish. The battle comes alive with bone-jarring realism as you pummel your opponent and do your utmost to inflict maximum damage. Your fists are fast and your grip is strong, but will it be enough to help you dominate in the ultimate King of Iron Fist Tournament?

Synopsis
The storied fighting franchise returns for another bout in Tekken 6. Select from an impressive roster of fighters, each with a signature set of deadly techniques, and unleash your most powerful and lightning-fast moves and combos to overcome your opponent. Customize your character to achieve unique advantages, and battle mano a mano as the King of Iron Fist Tournament comes to life around you in stunning high definition.

Tekken 6 More Info.
ir
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Brutal Legend by Electronic Arts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
brutal_legend.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Description
Brütal Legend is an action-adventure that marries visceral action combat with open-world freedom. Set in a universe somewhere between Lord of the Rings and Spinal Tap, it's a fresh take on the action/driving genre, which in this case is full of imitation cover bands, demons intent on enslaving humanity and Heavy metal tunes. Featuring the talents of comedian, actor and musician, Jack Black as super roadie Eddie Riggs, as well as cameos by some of the biggest names in metal music it's a wild ride in the belly of the beast that is not to be missed by gamers and Metalheads alike.

Brütal Legend More Info.
ir
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Dragon Age: Origins by Electronic Arts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dragon_age.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Description
From BioWare, the makers of Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Baldur's Gate comes Dragon Age: Origins. An epic tale of violence, lust, and betrayal, Dragon Age: Origins is a single player role-playing game (RPG) set in a fantasy game environment, and featuring three playable character classes, accessible in the form of three races. In addition, the game features extreme character customization, a new game engine, party-based gameplay utilizing non-player characters and a built-in personal history system for each hero character rooted in a variety of possible origin stories.

Dragon Age: Origins More Info.
ir

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. MAG: Massive Action Game by Sony[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
mag.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Description
In the near future, governments are supposedly at peace. A shadow war, fought by private military corporations, emerges. You are dropped into this unprecedented war - the first to have battles of 256 real players on a global battlefield. Prove yourself alongside your 8-man squad and become an elite fighter or earn the right to lead a squad, platoon or ultimately an entire army of players. Your calling a waits.

MAG More Info.
ir
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time by Sony[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ratchet.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Description
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is a single player platform shooter that reunites Sony's famous space age duo for another comedic romp through the universe. The final game in the Ratchet & Clank Future sub trilogy, A Crack in Time answers many questions raised in the previous two games in the sub series, and introduces addictive and challenging new puzzle-solving Clank gameplay.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time More Info.
ir
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 by THQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
smackdown.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Description
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 is the best-selling fighting video game franchise and returns to the virtual ring this year with the most authentic, entertaining and compelling simulation of WWE programming to date. Featuring 2-4 player multiplayer support--both online and off-line. and coop and competitive--unparalleled creation tools, a robust Superstar roster, key franchise improvements and a few surprises, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 delivers the empowering freedom to create, customize and share gameplay experiences.

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 More Info.
ir
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. DJ Hero by Activision[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dj_hero.jpg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Description
The makers of Guitar Hero introduce an entirely fresh and innovative way to experience music and rhythm gameplay. DJ Hero features an amazing variety of music across genres - tracks that you love and reflect who you are. Using an authentic turntable controller, you will spin and scratch more than 100 songs into unique mixes and become the life of the party. Get ready for a whole new phenomena in music.

DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable More Info.
ir
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

^^^^ overall experience im guessing, what game would u compare Borderland with? thinking about getting it but i just have to many games on my list

Number 3,5,7,9,10 are all passes for me

How could u leave out demon souls, SMH japanese RPG still get no respect

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Demon's Souls > MAG and Dragon Age.

How you gonna compare Demon Souls to MAG?

I'm not buying Mag or Dragon Age, therefore Demon's Souls > MAG and Dragon Age.

Clear?

Edit: Forgot the IMO...

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

^^^^ overall experience im guessing, what game would u compare Borderland with? thinking about getting it but i just have to many games on my list

Number 3,5,7,9,10 are all passes for me

How could u leave out demon souls, SMH japanese RPG still get no respect

I'm not sure about boarderlands. Its def unique. Kinda like some version of fallout 3 with out the deep story and guns up the ***.<<< Oh yeah, andthe online features are silly good. Replay value is high and its already 30+ hours on your first playthrough. Very fast paste and it has awesome graphics +good animations. It has a lot of humor in it too.

Demon's Souls > MAG and Dragon Age.

How you gonna compare Demon Souls to MAG?

I'm not buying Mag or Dragon Age, therefore Demon's Souls > MAG and Dragon Age.

Clear?

Edit: Forgot the IMO...

Just because you're not buying them. Clear, I got it.

This is gonna sound crazy but I read somewhere that you could create up to a million diff type of guns on boarderlands

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is full of bugs....
eyes.gif

I beat it on Super Heroic, and playing it again on Legendary, it should add all the items I missed on teh first play through, but it just ends up deleting all one I found.
indifferent.gif
great game though. whats your team?

my team was wolverine, spiderman, thor, and deadpool. until i got nick fury. dudes a beast. his moves couldve been better though

This is gonna sound crazy but I read somewhere that you could create up to a million diff type of guns on boarderlands

not sure about creating but what i heard was that you can find a seemingly endless amount of guns, not a variety but basically the same guns with differentfunctions like ie a specific pistol vs same pistol except with 3x scope

from my understanding it a random database gun generator working like Gun A with Feature X or Gun A with Feature Y or Gun B with Feature A etc

^^^You're probably right. You can also add electricity, poison, ice etc. to the guns. I love the shooter RPG feel though

I have some questions about my New PS3 Slim, if anybody can help answer them that will be greatly appreciated:

My PS3 is using HDMI, I put in Uncharted 2, and when explosions and high noise stuff happens in the game, the sound gets all muffled and fuzzy. This onlyhappens with my PS3, if I were to watch TV, no problems. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Also, do you guys prefer Wireless or Wired connection?

BTW this system, graphics is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom