PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

From Slick Deals

GoHastings is runnig a promotion for B2G1 for $1 on most used console video games with an additional $6 off $50 coupon DEALPRO available. Note, you will need to login first before the coupon will work. Shipping varies depending on the items you order, and is usually $6-$7 for 3 items

A few items of interest

Via Joystiq.com

DJ Hero price scratched down to $50 at Toys 'R Us
gam_djherocoop_580.jpg

If you skipped out on last year's crossfading, record-scratching simulator DJ Hero due to its once-outlandish price, you're running out of excuses to not pick it up. Toys 'R Us recently knocked the price of the 360, Wii and PS3 (but puzzlingly, not the PS2) versions of the game down to a scant $49.99 -- a significant decrease from its launch price of $120.

Still wondering whether the game's worth your hard-earned Grantpaper? That's a decision you have to make on your own -- though, wait! Dizzee Rascal is here to help! Oh, and so's Chuck Brown! And look, it's Daft Punk! How nice of them to aid you with your soul-searching.

I guess Nas was right when he said hiphop was dead, because these things went wood compare to Rockband and Guitar Hero. I'm coppin though, that's a hell of a price slash.

Via Joystiq.com

Ex-Free Radical (Crytek UK) working solely on Crysis 2 multiplayer
crysis2screen103042010580.jpg

Despite earlier claims that Haze developer Free Radical (now Crytek UK) were working on an "original FPS" for its new overlord Crytek Studios, it appears that the UK-based studio is actually hard at work on Crysis 2's multiplayer component. In an interview with VG247, CEO Cevat Yerli revealed "several online functionalities" for the game, as well as the team behind said functionalities. "That is all they [Crytek UK] are doing, with a full team on it, and they are blasting forward at full speed with more focus and dedication than I've ever had before at Crytek." Jeez you two, get a room!

Yerli unfortunately couldn't expand on the various types of multiplayer we'll find in Crysis 2 when it arrives later this year, though he did note that the team at Crytek UK will be "making the gameplay unique to both the console and PC versions." Presumably he means that in a sense greater than "The PC version has way, way prettier graphics."

Via Joystiq.com

Capcom: Super Street Fighter IV will be the last Street Fighter IV
ssf41217.jpg

If your overactive imagination is already calling up fantasies of the next, next iteration of Street Fighter IV, you should reign that in right now. Producer Yoshinori Ono told Official Xbox Magazine (via CVG) he's "aware of the mistakes Capcom has made in the past" in relation to the numerous special editions past Street Fighter installments have received. He added, "Super Street Fighter IV should be the distinctive end" of the franchise's fourth chapter.

Capcom's not abandoning the title, though -- Ono said the company could ostensibly "upload a patch for Super Street Fighter IV 2011 edition that would have tuning and balancing." But as far as ever seeing Hyper Ultra Super Street Fighter 4: Turbo Tournament Edition EX: The New Challengers hit store shelves, Ono claims that "as a packaged product, I think this is the last."

Is that Hugo in the pink leopard? Lulz.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Joystiq.com

Ex-Free Radical (Crytek UK) working solely on Crysis 2 multiplayer
crysis2screen103042010580.jpg

Despite earlier claims that Haze developer Free Radical (now Crytek UK) were working on an "original FPS" for its new overlord Crytek Studios, it appears that the UK-based studio is actually hard at work on Crysis 2's multiplayer component. In an interview with VG247, CEO Cevat Yerli revealed "several online functionalities" for the game, as well as the team behind said functionalities. "That is all they [Crytek UK] are doing, with a full team on it, and they are blasting forward at full speed with more focus and dedication than I've ever had before at Crytek." Jeez you two, get a room!

Yerli unfortunately couldn't expand on the various types of multiplayer we'll find in Crysis 2 when it arrives later this year, though he did note that the team at Crytek UK will be "making the gameplay unique to both the console and PC versions." Presumably he means that in a sense greater than "The PC version has way, way prettier graphics."

Can't wait
pimp.gif
. My friend actually had a PC that could run the first one full speed and it was
eek.gif
smh.gif
. There really isn't a more slept on game. Multiplayer and everything was on point. Prolly the best graphics I have seen. Copping for PS3 for sure

[h1][/h1]
[h1]God of War 3 was 'bigger at alpha stage'[/h1]God of War 3 was actually bigger during the alpha stages of production, director Stig Asmussen has revealed.

Speaking in an interview with Destructoid, Asmussen admitted that God of War III had to be substantially cut before release.

"It was around Alpha, and it was bigger," he said. "It was too big, and it wasn't as tight as it could possibly be. And we had to cut some things out, just to make sure that we got the quality across the board."

Included in the pieces left on the cutting room floor were extra areas and even complete boss levels.

"We had a creature named Argus who had a hundred eyes, and he was a creature that was designed to have use the Helios head to defeat him," said Asmussen. "You had to make him close his eyes, and he'd get blinded. You couldn't defeat him unless he's blind, and then he'd go into this kind of blind rage, and you had to fight him. He was fun. It was fun."

"[Argus] was going to be another surprise thing. You know how we had kind of secrets where you could use the Helios head to find them? We were going to have those secrets paced out so you find four or five of those, and you'd get a chest in each one.

"Then in one, we were going to have basically a reveal where you'd expect to see a chest there -- setting up expectations and then breaking it -- and out of the darkness this Argus would leap out, and you'd have to fight him."
Link:

http://www.computerandvid...om/article.php?id=242330

Hope they release this as DLC.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

2sappy wrote:
I dont know if this video was posted on here yet. the damage on the car.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

needless to say, i cant wait for this come to come out.

http://www.youtube.com/v/IfyonN7WC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/IfyonN7WC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&

I hope this is just a figure of speech.

Word is the collectors edition comes packaged with Detox.

it kind of is.
laugh.gif

i still need to get HR, FF13, and GOW3.
smh.gif

i am looking forward to this game though. i like the series.
ohwell.gif

so i copped the ballad of gay tony and the lost and the damned off the psn. i've already downloaded and installed both games. where is the option to play either game???? i've looked all over for a damn menu with no luck.
yes, i own a physical copy of gtaIV.

It's it just more missions? So essentially the option to interact with more people on the map should be enough?

Then again I'm not sure, I don't have it.

Originally Posted by debs 168

so i copped the ballad of gay tony and the lost and the damned off the psn. i've already downloaded and installed both games. where is the option to play either game???? i've looked all over for a damn menu with no luck.
yes, i own a physical copy of gtaIV.

i think you may need to put in the the IV discs in order to play, i think the same was with xbox if you downloaded it

i put the disc in and still don't see any options. it goes straight to "story complete." its pissing me off because i want to play the damn game after waiting 3423434 months to do so and dropping 40 dollars and waiting 4234234 min for both games to download and install.

why the hell can't this be simple. d/l and play. na, you have to find waldo in the middle of times sq on new years to be able to play the damn game. yes, i'm mad.

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

2sappy wrote:
I dont know if this video was posted on here yet. the damage on the car.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

needless to say, i cant wait for this come to come out.

http://www.youtube.com/v/IfyonN7WC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/IfyonN7WC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&

I hope this is just a figure of speech.

Word is the collectors edition comes packaged with Detox.

it kind of is.
laugh.gif

i still need to get HR, FF13, and GOW3.
smh.gif

i am looking forward to this game though. i like the series.
ohwell.gif

I do to, but I remember buying GT5:tongue:rologue like 15 years ago.

Originally Posted by debs 168

i put the disc in and still don't see any options. it goes straight to "story complete." its pissing me off because i want to play the damn game after waiting 3423434 months to do so and dropping 40 dollars and waiting 4234234 min for both games to download and install.

why the hell can't this be simple. d/l and play. na, you have to find waldo in the middle of times sq on new years to be able to play the damn game. yes, i'm mad.
i'm dling it now, i hope i don't have this problem
ohwell.gif

let me know what happens. i feel like i just wasted 40 dollars and there aren't any answers on the net right now.

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

from IGN
[h1]
Uncharted 2 Siege DLC Announced for April 22
[/h1][h2]
More multiplayer content on the way.
[/h2]

April 9, 2010 - On April 22, the third installation of downloadable content for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves will be available through the PlayStation Store on PlayStation Network. Named the Siege Expansion Pack, the new DLC features the first add-on co-op game type ("Siege"), in addition to 2 new multiplayer maps, 6 new skins, and 11 new trophies. Full details on the content can be found below.

Co-op Game Type
Siege
Pits 2 or 3 players against the AI.
Objective: capture and hold the territory against the waves of increasingly difficult AI adversaries. All players must be in the territory to capture it, so it's a constant battle to keep the AI from assaulting the player's position.
Players compete in one territory per round and the territory changes location every round.

2 Multiplayer Maps
The Highrise
Towering over the streets of Nepal, The Highrise is a map with plenty of opportunities for players to get the high ground on their opponents. Set on a series of destroyed and under-construction buildings, players need to be on their toes as there are many different jump locations and paths around the map. Players should also watch out for the incoming airstrikes, as they can clear the rooftops in seconds.

The Museum
Set at dusk amongst the courtyards and display cases at the site of Drake and Flynn's heist, The Museum provides players with a mix of intense gameplay covering traversing across rooftops, dodging gunfire through twisting corridors, and close quarters fighting. Players need to watch their backs as there are numerous flank routes in all parts of this circular map. Players should also learn the secret climbing routes that will allow them to get the drop on their opponents.

6 Skins
Wetsuit Drake
Baseball Shirt Drake
Prakoso
Platzor
Glowzor
Dead Explorer

11 Trophies - 180 Trophy Points
Bronze
You Can't Break Me – Complete all 3 co-op objective maps on Crushing
Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege game
Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
I'll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
Not So Fast – Get 20 "Shut'em Down Medals
Jack of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
You Run, I'll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
Kneel Before Z… – Get 5 Put-em Down Medals

Silver
Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals

Haven't been on much, busy w/other stuff...Definitely looking forward to RDR & Skate3 in May *hat*

Underrated Multiplayer right there. The Co-op objective, Deathmatch and Arena modes are fun as hell.
smokin.gif

i don't know what to say... it works fine for me.
i dled game, then installed
put the game in
the game informed me that there was a patch out so i had to dl it
next thing it asked was "the ballod of game tony is installed, do you want to play it?"
i put yes, and i'm playing now.

ok. i guess its because i didn't d/l the patch. after i downloaded both games and installed them, i took my ethernet cord out...

*edit*
that was it. thanks a lot, i appreciate it spidermachine916.

Back
Top Bottom