PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Wondering if this is happening to anyone else

When i play MW2 it seems to be going hyper speed at some points

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

2sappy wrote:
I dont know if this video was posted on here yet. the damage on the car.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

needless to say, i cant wait for this come to come out.

http://www.youtube.com/v/IfyonN7WC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/IfyonN7WC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&

I hope this is just a figure of speech.

Word is the collectors edition comes packaged with Detox.

it kind of is.
laugh.gif

i still need to get HR, FF13, and GOW3.
smh.gif

i am looking forward to this game though. i like the series.
ohwell.gif

I do to, but I remember buying GT5:tongue:rologue like 15 years ago.

You +%@
laugh.gif

Via Gamervision.com

Capcom Unveiling Marvel vs Capcom 3 at Captivate?
1271212016r775k21UMN.jpg

Luke Brown of Gamervision.com writes:

"While the rumor of Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been consistently bandied about year after year, this week, that rumor may actually come true. As you may or may not know, this week Capcom is holding their annual Captivate event in Honolulu, Hawaii. Now, normally, when and where they're holding the event wouldn't be a big deal. Of course, when the editor of Marvel.com, Ryan Penagos (aka Agent_M) arrives at Honolulu International Airport at the same time Capcom is holding their event, my Spidey Sense starts tingling."

Via kingps3.com

Insomniac Developing 'Fun AAA Title With Great Characters'
1271194452.jpg

A new animator job listing has been posted over on the Insomniac Games website. It hints at a "fun AAA title with lots of characters," which is rumored to be a new addition to the Ratchet & Clank franchise.

The listing asks for someone who can "animate characters, weapons, vehicles and everything else that moves" and who is able to program "movie quality in-game animation." (link)

We will make sure to keep you updated if any other information becomes available for this game

[h2]Ubisoft chats about classes in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier[/h2]
April 13th, 2010 @ 22:48
By Stephany Nunneley

ghostreconfuturesoldier.jpg

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier producer Jean-Bernard Jacon has saidthat while the game is staying true to Tom Clancy’s ideas, it addsplausible future conflicts with some advanced tech that’s currentlybeing tested as prototypes throughout the armies of the world.

He also chats about the four different classes you will be playing as in the game.

The game starts off with a Russian terrorist group working todestabilize the government, and you get to play one of the workers inthe facility that the terrorists are getting ready to attack.

It will also contain four classes of characters to play as:
  • TheRecon soldier which uses camouflage.
  • The Commando who is the “bad *+$

Via ps3center.net

Touchscreen PSP Incoming?
sony-psp-3000-gaming.jpg

PSLS recently reported that the ESRB had revealed 13 new PSP titles.

One specific title, Finger Connection seems to suggest that a touchscreen is coming for the PlayStation Portable or maybe even a PSP phone or PSP2 (although the platforms for these games do not suggest this). Take a look at the game's description:

"This is a multiplayer party game in which players spin a wheel that tells them to place their fingers on colored spots on a board. Players lose if their hands become too twisted to place their finger on the chosen spot."

This game sounds a lot like Twister, but I don't see how it could be any fun if you were playing it with digital fingers. In fact, all 13 titles seem to fit perfectly with touchscreen gameplay, so is a touchscreen PSP or the elusive PSP phone coming sooner than we thought?

Via playstationlifestyle.com

GTA: Episodes from Liberty City Available Now
eflc.png

The once Xbox 360 exclusive GTA IV spin-offs, which include The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned, have been long sought-after by PlayStation 3 owners. The wait is now over as GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, which includes both DLC packs, has finally arrived.

Rockstar Games has announced that GTA: Episodes from Liberty City is now available on the PlayStation Network as well as the PC across North America. Those who prefer to buy a disk version can pick up the Blu-ray throughout Europe and Australia this Friday, April 16th.

The closing chapters of the GTA IV story are priced at retail for $39.99. Each episode has been released on the PlayStation Store for $19.99 each.

To celebrate the launch, Rockstar has released a new trailer–catch it below:

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Hey, does PS3 have netflix? I swear it does but I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes. Request a disc from the website to be sent to you for FREE. In the summer there will be an update for the PS3 where you will have Netflix on the XMB, no more disc.

Via Joystiq.com

PS3 tops five million consoles sold in Japan
ps35millionjapan580.jpg

In this post-Modern Warfare 2 world, a number like five million may seem insignificant -- even laughable, to some. But hey, don't knock the PS3's latest accomplishment of selling 5,001,598 consoles in Japan.

Famitsu brings us the news, along with the top-selling games on the platform so far: Final Fantasy XIII is first with 1,883,828 units, Metal Gear Solid 4 takes second with 706,461 and Yakuza 4 -- which was just released a few weeks ago -- comes in third, selling an impressive 526,093 copies so far. Gosh, the only thing that's missing is a Dragon Quest.

Via Joystiq.com

Study: PS3 has highest percentage of online systems in U.S.
onlineps3s.jpg

According to data collected by The Diffusion Group, there's one area of the console wars in which the PS3 has a notable lead: The percentage of users online in the U.S. According to the numbers posted by Gamasutra, 78 percent of PS3 owners have taken their consoles online, compared to 73 percent of Xbox 360 owners.

By comparison, only 54 percent of Wiis have been connected to the internet, which means that 46 percent of our nation's nephews are failing to return their Aunt Cathy's calls. (By the way, Dylan, would you just help her already? It would take you five minutes. Please, just help her.)

... but but, I thought PS3 owners don't play online?!
eyes.gif

Via Joystiq.com

Heavy Rain sells one million worldwide
heavy-rain-uae.jpg

No one was exactly sure if Sony's gamble with Heavy Rain would pay off. With no aliens, no stealth kills, and no epic boss battles, the game strayed so far from the mainstream norm that some wondered if it could possibly succeed. Considering the incredible technical effort Heavy Rain represented, it's clear that this was also an expensive experiment for both Sony and Quantic Dream to take on.

After seven weeks of release, Heavy Rain has managed to sell through a million units worldwide, according to an announcement on the PlayStation.Blog. No specifics are offered, but we'll deduce that Europe represents the largest piece of the sales pie; Heavy Rain was completely sold out in that part of the world.

It's unclear if a million units sold is enough for Quantic Dream and Sony to break even on Heavy Rain's lengthy development. Undoubtedly, the game will continue selling through the year, which has us hopeful that the industry will be unafraid to invest in another game like it in the future.

Not surprised. I still gotta beat this game.

Cool. How fast is the streaming? Has anyone tried it? I'm selling my elite and I'm trying to make sure Netflix works clean before I do so. Thanks again.

Cool. How fast is the streaming? Has anyone tried it? I'm selling my elite and I'm trying to make sure Netflix works clean before I do so. Thanks again.
I have it, it's great. Well worth it.

Via Joystiq.com

Machinarium dev moves on to Sony after Microsoft passes on publishing its critical darling
machinarium.jpg

A report late last week on XBLAFans.com claimed that Czech game studio Amanita Design had been "refused" a publishing deal to bring the critically-acclaimed Machinarium to Xbox Live Arcade, because the game was not an Xbox exclusive. While the quotes in the article were incendiary, they echoed information Joystiq received from developer Golgoth Studio earlier this year, when it too was denied a publishing deal from Microsoft for Toki HD. (Microsoft decided Toki HD didn't fit with its current portfolio.)

The key is that neither game has been refused space on the platform -- Microsoft has simply decided not to publish the games itself. Microsoft requires all XBLA titles be attached with a publishing partner, meaning neither Amanita Design and Golgoth Studio can self-publish the games on the XBLA platform. Sony and Nintendo do not have the same policy for the PlayStation Network and WiiWare, respectively.

Joystiq contacted Amanita Design founder Jakub Dvorský for to clarify the situation. "They told us, 'It's not Microsoft-exclusive, we don't want it.' They didn't cite the Mac and Linux versions [as reasons for the refusal] but it's quite clear that's the reason," Dvorský told Joystiq via email. As it did with Toki HD, Microsoft recommended Amanita Design pursue other publishers, an idea the team doesn't appear intent on exploring. "It means if we want to release the game on XBLA we must throw, probably, most of the profit out of the window -- to the publisher. Just because we created Mac and Linux versions."

Microsoft's official stance -- and policy, according to Dvorský -- is the company does not publish games that are not exclusive to its platforms. During the year-long process of waiting for a response from Microsoft, Amanita Design never expressed interest in submitting Machinarium to Sony's PlayStation Network. Now that Microsoft has decided against publishing the game, Amanita is exploring Sony's platform. "We submitted the game to Sony after Microsoft refused it," Dvorský said.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Infinity Ward Loses Four More[/h2]
media

The mass exodus of Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward team members continued today, as four more team members announced their resignations, according to reports.

According to Kotaku, sources close to the studio have confirmed that lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are gone.

Additionally, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini are said to have resigned from the studio.
As 1UP reported yesterday animator Bruce Ferriz and lead designer Mackey McCandish, along with programmer Jon Shiring, have also resigned. When including last week's departures of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti, that brings the total number of high-profile resignations that we're aware of to nine since the ousting of founders Vince Zampella and Jason West.
Link:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178805

Really excited for GT5. Especially the NASCAR
nerd.gif
. I was one of the few people who actually played NASCAR 09 competitively
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It works fine but it's by far the slowest of the consoles. YES, even the wii is faster over a wired connection
laugh.gif

Anybody still playing FFXIII? Where you all at?

I completed the game, just running through all the sidequests now. 33% complete, it has taken me a bit becuase I won't move onto the next unless I 5-star the battle.

A word of advice to those playing through still and looking to Platinum....

1.) Lay off upgrading your weapons and accessories as long as you can (even until after the final boss if you can). You get better components after you complete the game, and the better your weapons/accessories, the harder it is to get a 5 star battle rating. If it comes down to it, I suggest power leveling your crystarium over upgrading.

2.) When you get to chapter 11 do some side-quests; don't leave all the side missions until after the game. It is very possible to do the first 15-20 missions. If you wait until you complete the game to come back and do them, it is harder to get a 5-star ranking with an over-powered team.

3.) If you find yourself too over-powered during the mark missions, try equipping a base level weapon to each character. It adds alot of time to the battle specs, allowing you to get that 5-star easier.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It works fine but it's by far the slowest of the consoles. YES, even the wii is faster over a wired connection
laugh.gif

Like how slow?

Back
Top Bottom