PS3 or XBOX 360

360 all the way..

tho i like the fact tht ps3 has blu ray n free online play..but i just dont like the controller for the ps3, cant get use to it after always playing 360

Originally Posted by jbeezie

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

theres NO damn lag in PSN, dudes really need to stop LYING. Majority of you dudes have %**#+*%@ routers a/b/g. Step it up and get a N router and you'll notice A huge DIFFERENCE.
you DO know that YOU DO NEED a wireless adapter that can to RECEIVE An N signal on XBOX360...PS3's DO NOT have that out of the box. So youre still playing on a/b/g.
Fixed!

Seriously though, these "Xbox 360 or PS3" threads should get the same treatment that "Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan" threads get in thesports forum - automatic lockdown.

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

theres NO damn lag in PSN, dudes really need to stop LYING. Majority of you dudes have %**#+*%@ routers a/b/g. Step it up and get a N router and you'll notice A huge DIFFERENCE.
you DO know that YOU DO NEED a wireless adapter that can to RECEIVE An N signal on XBOX360...PS3's DO NOT have that out of the box. So youre still playing on a/b/g.
Fixed!

I never said the 360 had wireless out the box. Oh, and FYI, wireless is TERRIBLE for online play. 100MBPS on a cat5 cable > 58MBPS on an EXCELLENT wirelesssignal any day.

IMHO.

Originally Posted by mholmes87

water from the water fountain is free.. the water in the lake is free.. ocean water is free..

OR you can buy bottled water
pimp.gif

yeah and the majority of bottle water companies use tap
eyes.gif

Y'all take this debate way too seriously. I bought a 360 in like '04 and got the RROD once. Considered buying a PS3, but I see no purpose since mostgames are multi-platform now anyway.

Add to that the fact that I got my 360 modded and get any game free and I have to go with Xbox. I honestly can't see paying for a video game. Everagain.
laugh.gif

Also, I've been on Xbox Live for about 3 years, and still haven't dropped a dime on it. Girlfriend FTW!

Fixed!

I never said the 360 had wireless out the box. Oh, and FYI, wireless is TERRIBLE for online play. 100MbPS on a cat5 cable > 58MbPS on an EXCELLENT wireless signal any day.

IMHO.
fixed. If you're getting 58MBPS on anything then there's no way you're seriously having lag issues. You'd also be able to downloadHD content in mere seconds.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Y'all take this debate way too seriously. I bought a 360 in like '04 and got the RROD once. Considered buying a PS3, but I see no purpose since most games are multi-platform now anyway.

Add to that the fact that I got my 360 modded and get any game free and I have to go with Xbox. I honestly can't see paying for a video game. Ever again.
laugh.gif

Also, I've been on Xbox Live for about 3 years, and still haven't dropped a dime on it. Girlfriend FTW!

how the hell you get your girl to pay for videogames?
laugh.gif

I'm guessing you don't spend massive amounts of your time playing the xbox, cus most girls I know hate it when their bf stays playing videogames.Especially sports games.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Seriously though, these "Xbox 360 or PS3" threads should get the same treatment that "Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan" threads get in the sports forum - automatic lockdown.

QFT

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Fixed!

I never said the 360 had wireless out the box. Oh, and FYI, wireless is TERRIBLE for online play. 100MbPS on a cat5 cable > 58MbPS on an EXCELLENT wireless signal any day.

IMHO.
fixed. If you're getting 58MBPS on anything then there's no way you're seriously having lag issues. You'd also be able to download HD content in mere seconds.
uh oh. someone has a general understanding of broadband
eek.gif

in order to play on wireless N signals you need a N router and the new wireless N adapter that coming out for the 360(another thing ps3 doesnt have)

playing wired though trumps them all

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

in order to play on wireless N signals you need a N router and the new wireless N adapter that coming out for the 360(another thing ps3 doesnt have)

another item you have to pay for w/xbox 360
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Fixed!

IMHO.
fixed. If you're getting 58MBPS on anything then there's no way you're seriously having lag issues. You'd also be able to download HD content in mere seconds.
uh oh. someone has a general understanding of broadband
eek.gif
I know right.
eek.gif

Latency is the killer, not downlink speeds btw.
grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

another item you have to pay for w/xbox 360
pimp.gif
they are charging 100 for that new wireless N adapter
eyes.gif
andno price drop for the old one as well

I play with a wireless connection on my PS3 and hardly ever have any lag. Maybe once in every 20-30 games or so. I dont have an issue.

Fixed!
playing wireless is not essential

Originally Posted by knightngale

Fixed!
playing wireless is not essential

It is when you have more than one thing in your home connected to the internet...
eyes.gif

Easiest way to decide is if you like online gaming, xbox all the way. If you like to play with beautiful graphics realized to their fullest potential andmediocre online gaming is ok, then ps3- btw i have both. The deciding factor for me was when a bunch of buddies came over to play Call of duty 4 and they werelike, dude the lag is terrible. Out of curiosity i bought an xbox 360 and it's like night and day. I could never call a chopper in on the ps3, on live, Iam hitting 1st place at times.

Originally Posted by acp7399

Easiest way to decide is if you like online gaming, xbox all the way. If you like to play with beautiful graphics realized to their fullest potential and mediocre online gaming is ok, then ps3- btw i have both. The deciding factor for me was when a bunch of buddies came over to play Call of duty 4 and they were like, dude the lag is terrible. Out of curiosity i bought an xbox 360 and it's like night and day. I could never call a chopper in on the ps3, on live, I am hitting 1st place at times.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Riiiiight.

I don't understand this arguement. You must not have the settings optimized or something.... I have never had an issue ever.

Ever stopped to think you just sucked at COD until you played it a bit?

seriously? wireless N? do some of u dudes even have 600Mbps internet connections? this stuff is pretty much for streaming off networks, wireless G worksfine for gaming

211876442.jpg

something like this for wireless N works on both ps3 and 360, microsoft got u guys confused paying $100 for a network adapter

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

seriously? wireless N? do some of u dudes even have 600Mbps internet connections? this stuff is pretty much for streaming off networks, wireless G works fine for gaming

211876442.jpg

something like this for wireless N works on both ps3 and 360, microsoft got u guys confused paying $100 for a network adapter

I just run a cable. Even if I needed an adapter, id cop an old linksys router ($10) and reflash it as a wireless bridge. Problem solved and $90 saved.

Back
Top Bottom