Prop 8 overturned- Equality/Love/Common Sense 1 Hate 0

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LOL @ some of the dumb arguments in here against polygamy

People on NT have never picked up a history book or any book in their lives, people are acting like polygamous societies haven't existed or don't exist during many time periods and in many cultures

"You gotta think about the harm it does to the kids"
roll.gif
Didn't people in the bible have multiple wives?

The only argument I have against polygamy is that I don't think they should have any additional benefits, aside from that I really don't see the problem as long as its consensual

Why are you using references that you don't believe in? 
He always does that 
laugh.gif

When have I ever said I didn't believe biblical times exists? Hell I've even said I believe Jesus Christ existed but people like shoefreakbaby get headaches when they see writing and run away from any kind of intellectual discussion

I see where this is going "runs away"
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Next thing you know he's gonna be using logic and putting coherent sentences together, gotta go

During biblical times bigamy and polygamy was common place!!!! That is not the same as saying "I believe God exists"

I bet the two of you thought you was doing it too? We finally got him

f1xnvd.jpg

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Why are you using references that you don't believe in? 
He always does that 
laugh.gif

When have I ever said I didn't believe biblical times exists? Hell I've even said I believe Jesus Christ existed but people like shoefreakbaby get headaches when they see writing and run away from any kind of intellectual discussion

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Next thing you know he's gonna be using logic and putting coherent sentences together, gotta go

During biblical times bigamy and polygamy was common place!!!! That is not the same as saying "I believe God exists"

Dang its like that 
grin.gif

I don't fear intellectual disscusion
laugh.gif
, I just take not from the one I follow.

None of the banter brings glory to God, so why would I get involved.

Anyways, I was not fully agreeing with his statement.

You reference the bible a lot, like I saw a post where you said you were going to fornicate

I find it funny

tis all

He always does that 
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dang its like that 
grin.gif

I don't fear intellectual disscusion
laugh.gif
, I just take not from the one I follow.

None of the banter brings glory to God, so why would I get involved.

Anyways, I was not fully agreeing with his statement.

You reference the bible a lot, like I saw a post where you said you were going to fornicate

I find it funny

tis all

for·ni·cate  (fôr
prime.gif
n
ibreve.gif
-k
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
)
intr.v. for·ni·cat·ed, for·ni·cat·ing, for·ni·cates
To commit fornication.

[Late Latin fornic
amacr.gif
r
imacr.gif
, fornic
amacr.gif
t-, from fornix, fornic-, vault, vaulted cellar, brothel; see g[sup]w[/sup]her- in Indo-European roots.]

for
prime.gif
ni·ca
lprime.gif
tor
n.

The American Heritage[emoji]174[/emoji] Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright [emoji]169[/emoji]2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

fornicate[sup]1[/sup]
vb
(intr) to indulge in or commit fornication
[from Late Latin fornic

I find it funny

tis all

We non-religious people reference religious texts like the Bible because parts of society try to create laws or set society's standards based on those texts/religion. For example someone might say that "polygamy is bad, it's not the Christian way of living", so we can reference many stories in the Bible where dudes have multiple wives to point out the hypocrisy. I'm not trying to hate or anything, it's just that many of us non-religious people find it amusing how so-called religious people act contrary to what their religions have taught them

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I find it funny

tis all

We non-religious people reference religious texts like the Bible because parts of society try to create laws or set society's standards based on those texts/religion. For example someone might say that "polygamy is bad, it's not the Christian way of living", so we can reference many stories in the Bible where dudes have multiple wives to point out the hypocrisy. I'm not trying to hate or anything, it's just that many of us non-religious people find it amusing how so-called religious people act contrary to what their religions have taught them

I don't understand what she wants me to do, reference Dr Seuss in my arguments about how God is a $W%^#%^@
grin.gif
?

401251_364930263533037_122256581133741_1451291_2025831_n.jpg

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I find it funny

tis all

Bingo.
Most of the names in this thread are ones I see usually defending theistic beliefs and "values" but when you cite one of the things that was a central tenet of their religion, then you're doing something foul.

Tons of folks in the bible had polygamous relationships...now ya'll want to ban them?

Thus, one of two things must be true:

1. Either you have the ability to form your opinion on things independently from the bible or whatever religious doctrine you identify with...and ultimately have no need for it

or

2. You are choosing to be incongrument with the teachings of that "infallible" religious doctrine.

Tell me where I told you to stop?
Show me where I said you should not ?

I said you always do that and it was funny, end of story.

When you laugh and say "Why does he reference the bible when he doesn't believe in it?" Isn't it fair to interpret that as criticism as something that you would rather I not do?

Are you serious bro? Why even bring it up, if you don't have a problem with it? Maybe you didn't outright tell me to stop but you clearly mentioned it as a point of criticism
laugh.gif

51987_funny_gif_selection_34.gif

When you laugh at and say "Why does he reference the bible when he doesn't believe in it?" Isn't it fair to interpret that as criticism and something that you would rather I not do?

Are you serious bro? Why even bring it up, if you don't have a problem with it? Maybe you didn't outright tell me to stop but you clearly mentioned it as a point of criticism
laugh.gif

Well thats you and how you chose to view it.
If I fully agreed and wanted to take Monstar stance, I would have simply quoted him with no words added.

"He always does that
laugh.gif
" in the reference of you always saying things from the bible.

If I agreed with him I would say "He always does that, he such a hypocrite"

Monstar: Why are you referencing things you don't believe in?

You: "He always does that"

So from this it isn't a fair assumption that you think that I don't believe certain things and people in the bible exists right?
laugh.gif
Not a fair assumptions at all, you serious bro?

So what you were trying to do essentially is "state the obvious"? Which it turns out isn't obvious to you at all?

"If I fully agreed and wanted to take Monstar stance, I would have simply quoted him with no words added."

And quoting Monstar directly doesn't sound more or less critical than quoting him and saying "He always does that?"-Monstar could do what you're doing and claim that he was just asking a question instead of passing judgment

You people gotta be kidding me, this sounds like a super desperate attempt to get out of the line of fire instead of sticking to your guns
laugh.gif

Monster: "Anton talks about white women"
Shoefreak: "He always does that"
Me: What's wrong with talking about white women
Shoefreak: I just wanted to mention it, if I agreed with Monstar I would've just quoted him and said nothing

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

tumblr_lwqn0kth6A1qfhek7.gif

The bible whether or not you believe in God, is indeed a story. A story that anyone can reference.

So if you mention that polygamy is in the bible to people who believe the bible is divine, it doesnt matter if you believe in God or not. 

The bible is indeed a book that exist, the argument is "is it Gods word".

I dont agree with Monstar, my wording was wrong.

You are right,

I should have wrote "he always references the bible
laugh.gif

Forgive me oh great one.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by rashi

rick-santorum-racing-to-destroy-benefits-thumb-400xauto-28180.jpg
I'm waiting for this dude to come out of the closet.
roll.gif

Maybe they didn't pray hard enough.
laugh.gif

Doesn't the anti-gay guy in this video sound...like he...might...be...you know?
grin.gif

i saw this the other day...it got outta hand. dude had no argument to uphold anti gay marriage laws other than "its gotta be between a man and a woman". i was like
grin.gif
this is lame.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Don't pick at straws MonStar.
Take Nigerian culture for instance. Some chiefs had multiple wives. And this is in the 20th century
And the reason I mentioned the judge being gay is the fact that the law in question is preventing him from doing something he might do.  By the same token, a pedophile judge shouldn't be able to change the laws on the age of consent.

This was the judge that allowed prop 8 in the first place if I remember correctly and thats what threw some people off about the whole thing. 
Now he reversed his decision. 

I'd say he showed that he can weigh decisions independent of his own lifestyle. 
What would cause you to say something like this? (As in, how do his actions support that?)
What if he allowed prop 8 to be voted on because he thought it wouldn't pass?  And then when it did, he struck it down.

Admittedly, the reason I gave on why he allowed it is speculation, but the fact remains that he allowed it in the first place.  I would say the exact opposite happened.

Back
Top Bottom