i was waiting on you or wally or homer to come thru
laugh.gif

*waits to be called a simp by one of them*
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ you and this thread.

As Homer will tell you though, I'm in no position to be calling anyone a simp.

im going to be 19 nov.14 and my girls 18 and i want to give her a promise ring for our 3yr anni....is that the right step or am i also "too old" forthe promise ring?

Originally Posted by Club29

she just wants some jewelery.

materialistic broad
smh.gif
Pretty much..If you're girl is hinting you need to buy her a certain piece of jewelery it's because she's materialistic and insecure.Wait until you're ready, and that's if you even decide to take that step WITH HER. Things change, people change, %#*% happens so why should you have tomake promises? Instead of a piece of jewelery promising her anything, tell her you'll promise to do what you can to make her happy. If that isn'tenough I dont know what to tell you..

Originally Posted by West2East

I just don't get it at all but maybe because I happen to think the idea of a promise ring is ludicrous. Why the need to stall? Why not communicate about how you're not ready for an engagement? Why not try and get on the same page so that the other party realizes your reasons for not doing so. Maybe it's just me but one party pressuring the other to do something they aren't ready to do doesn't seem like something you should be "rewarded" for. I guess maybe people see it as a compromise?

IDK. All I know is if my SO gave me one I'd think it was silly.

This man gets it.

NO rush...
Ya'll both young as hell...
If you take that step when you're not ready you'll regret it and resent her for it...
Take ya time...

I'm tempted not to reply, given that you lack the dignity to respond to ANY of my trade offers in the S&T NBA league (jerk
laugh.gif
). Anyhow, I was with mywife 7 years and 10 months by the time we got married. We'd been together since high school, through college, and finally through my law school. I nevergave her promise ring. I've always been of the opinion that the first ring you buy for a girl is an engagement ring - you don't want to mess with hermind when she sees a little ring-sized box, and you definitely don't want that awkward "what does this ring mean" situation. As far as I'mconcerned, you don't need a promise ring to have the promise to be committed for the long haul. If it's right the relationship matures and becomesstronger over time, at which point you're ready to take that real next step. Best of luck. And reply to some damn trades will ya?

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I just don't get it at all but maybe because I happen to think the idea of a promise ring is ludicrous. Why the need to stall? Why not communicate about how you're not ready for an engagement? Why not try and get on the same page so that the other party realizes your reasons for not doing so. Maybe it's just me but one party pressuring the other to do something they aren't ready to do doesn't seem like something you should be "rewarded" for. I guess maybe people see it as a compromise?

If you know this is THE ONE.

You gotta do little things to shut their yap. Even if you do feel you're communicating a lot. There's all these little unwritten laws and codes to relationship happiness that both you and her know just ain't 100% right, but they keep things healthy.

Like I don't know....You wanna go to the strip club with your boys, you tell her, she says its okay. She KNOWS you're gonna act a damn fool up in that place, drunk and touching on mad booty and *******, but to keep things healthy she'll roll with the punches for the sake of the relationship.

It sucks to compromise certain things, but it's what keeps 2 people happy and going.

You're never really gonna find someone to totally agree with you on everything. Even if you spent days communicating on a subject, it's just not gonna happen.

So if you know she's "the one" why not propose? What;s the point of stalling if you know you're going to end up marrying her? And ifyou've communicated that you're not ready and you're doing it just to shut your yap I truely feel sorry for your future. If I told my girl Iwasn't ready for something then it ends there. There'd be no "well do something to show me you'll be ready in the future". How dumb andchildish is that? It just shows insecurity on her part.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

materialistic broad
smh.gif
Pretty much..If you're girl is hinting you need to buy her a certain piece of jewelery it's because she's materialistic and insecure. Wait until you're ready, and that's if you even decide to take that step WITH HER. Things change, people change, %#*% happens so why should you have to make promises? Instead of a piece of jewelery promising her anything, tell her you'll promise to do what you can to make her happy. If that isn't enough I dont know what to tell you..
She probably already knows that.

She already knows he loves her and makes her happy. And It's most likely gonna fall on deaf ears hearing it over & over again, cause actions do speaklouder than words.

When a female you're in a relationship with for that long wants something, She's gonna get what she wantseventually. So for OP it's gonna be engagement sooner than he wanted it, A promise ring that will shut her up for a few years and he can live relaxed, orthe eventual demise of the relationship because she's gonna feel he's not trying to be committed 'So what am I wasting my time with him for if henever is gonna be?'.

And no offense to anyone here but...

Alot of you guys either:
A Haven't been in 4+ year long relationships. Trust me, it's like having been in the damn Army or Marines.
laugh.gif

B. Still young & on that macho 'What I say goes' steez. These are the men that end up being the most miserable in relationships/marriage. It'strue.
embarassed.gif

I kinda already know what direction OP is gonna in.
laugh.gif
So good luck witheverything brother....

If you know this is THE ONE.

You gotta do little things to shut their yap. Even if you do feel you're communicating a lot. There's all these little unwritten laws and codes to relationship happiness that both you and her know just ain't 100% right, but they keep things healthy.

Like I don't know....You wanna go to the strip club with your boys, you tell her, she says its okay. She KNOWS you're gonna act a damn fool up in that place, drunk and touching on mad booty and *******, but to keep things healthy she'll roll with the punches for the sake of the relationship.

It sucks to compromise certain things, but it's what keeps 2 people happy and going.

You're never really gonna find someone to totally agree with you on everything. Even if you spent days communicating on a subject, it's just not gonna happen.
So if you know she's "the one" why not propose? What;s the point of stalling if you know you're going to end up marrying her?S And if you've communicated that you're not ready and you're doing it just to shut your yap I truely feel sorry for your future. If I told my girl I wasn't ready for something then it ends there. There'd be no "well do something to show me you'll be ready in the future". How dumb and childish is that? It just shows insecurity on her part.
laugh.gif
Because some people aren't ready for all that yet.

Marriage and all that comes with it is a HUGE step. So what if you 'Know you're gonna get married anyway'. That's not enough reason to proposesooner than you should have to. You just gotta show her over the course of time that you are willing to commit. And that stupid little promise ring is one ofthose gestures.

And don't feel sorry for my future. I been chilling and breathing easy my entire life.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

A promise ring?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
THIS
+
you're too young. You been with the same chick since you guys were 15, 16.
Do you realize you are missing out on your entire adult dating experience? If you really feel that this person is your soulmate and that doesn't matter,you should just go ahead and get married.
The fact that you aren't feeling that idea....................................................................................jussayin.

Originally Posted by RenaRene

Originally Posted by Fade On You

A promise ring?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
THIS
+
you're too young. You been with the same chick since you guys were 15, 16.
Do you realize you are missing out on your entire adult dating experience? If you really feel that this person is your soulmate and that doesn't matter, you should just go ahead and get married.
The fact that you aren't feeling that idea....................................................................................jussayin.
do you realize the mean reason for dating? its not to get the booty its to find somebody to spend the rest of your life with..........is it myfault i just happen to find that person when i was young

and by the way its not that i dont want to marry her its just that im intimidated by marriage(which alot of men are for a wide range of reasons) i just wanteverything to be perfect when i do get down on one knee

and just so you guys know not once has she ever asked me for any jewelry ever so as far as jewelry i think its pass due on getting her something im shocked itwent this long
laugh.gif

Alot of you guys either:
A Haven't been in 4+ year long relationships. Trust me, it's like having been in the damn Army or Marines.
laugh.gif

B. Still young & on that macho 'What I say goes' steez. These are the men that end up being the most miserable in relationships/marriage. It's true.
embarassed.gif

this.

this is the reason why i
laugh.gif
when i see relationship problem threadstaking adivse from dudes that cant even keep they own girl happy(ie the EB's of the world no offense) or even be in a relationship of more then ayear(which is something that most of nt lives by)

Wow...NT giving out advice on a Girlfriend without a request for pics?!

But I agree with the fact this is just a ring to stall.
This is exactly what a promise ring is intended for, the whole theory about it being a promise to marry is nonsense just to make the girl more comfortable inher relationship. Tomorrow isn't even promised and anything can happen so if you want to be married then just go ahead with it.

It is just used to let the woman know that you DO care but you just need some time to make sure everything is aligned before going ahead with a REAL ring.

materialistic broad
smh.gif
Pretty much..If you're girl is hinting you need to buy her a certain piece of jewelery it's because she's materialistic and insecure. Wait until you're ready, and that's if you even decide to take that step WITH HER. Things change, people change, %#*% happens so why should you have to make promises? Instead of a piece of jewelery promising her anything, tell her you'll promise to do what you can to make her happy. If that isn't enough I dont know what to tell you..
She probably already knows that.

She already knows he loves her and makes her happy. And It's most likely gonna fall on deaf ears hearing it over & over again, cause actions do speak louder than words.

When a female you're in a relationship with for that long wants something, She's gonna get what she wants eventually. So for OP it's gonna be engagement sooner than he wanted it, A promise ring that will shut her up for a few years and he can live relaxed, or the eventual demise of the relationship because she's gonna feel he's not trying to be committed 'So what am I wasting my time with him for if he never is gonna be?'.

And no offense to anyone here but...

Alot of you guys either:
laugh.gif

B. Still young & on that macho 'What I say goes' steez. These are the men that end up being the most miserable in relationships/marriage. It's true.
embarassed.gif

I kinda already know what direction OP is gonna in.
laugh.gif
So good luck with everything brother....

I've been with my girl for over 5 years and would really have to re-evaluate my relationship if my girlfriend asked for a ring to show that I'mcommitted to her. If she already knows that he loves her and makes her happy why does she need something material to show for it? My girlfriend knows how Ifeel about her, where our relationship is, and where it's going and she's NEVER asked for me to do something to prove it. Like I said, that showseither shes, a) insecure or b)materialistic. What does it really say about your girlfriend and your relationship if you have to buy her something just to makeher happy and shut her up? I'm sorry but that's not the kind of girl I'd want to be with. You have a horrible mentality when it comes torelationships. If he was to worry about the "demise" of his relationship because he doesn't buy her jewelery to show he's committed then heneeds really think about what kind of relationship he's in.

Tell here you promise to put a ring around her eye if she every suggests some stupid *#@% like this again.

Casper..

Do it
laugh.gif
. It will buy you some time at least, and it will keep her quietfor a while. If you don't, the nagging and constant pressure from your girl will get WORSE. Kind of like how Kentucky's full court press was back inthe Rick Pitino era.

Believe me it will get a whole lot worse than better IF you don't do something.

Back
Top Bottom