Prom pictures gone too far?

#shooklogic

Actually, the situation was far from it... when I said "that was stupid" i was refering to my actions. both times guns were pointed at my friends and I jumped in front of them...if thats #shooklogic I don't understand what being shook is.

Guns don't scare me, these dudes don't scare me...it's all in good fun. I imagine ya'll don't live in a Conceal and Carry state and don't have the same ideals about guns as I do, as I grew up around them, pops had two shooties and a few hand guns at all times; I'm sure these dudes were being safe...so like I said...pull ya'll skirts down.

and don't give me that "but someone could have gotten hurt" because, as far as I know, no one did get hurt and that "but someone can get hurt" logic is so whack to me, there are plent of things we do everyday that could have unintented consequences, when they do, then we should punish, or if  it's so clearly negligent that it warrants recourse...thats a case by case thing, and you take out all the bullets, put on the safety, clear it with the kid and yeah I don't think it's negligent, especially the way people handle guns in general.

so I'll reitterate, I think its funny, I get the joke and it's not that big of a deal to me..

*Ye Shrugs*  I'm out

i feel sorry for your offspring

This seems to be some Instagram trend.

You think it was pops doing it for the gram?
More than likely it was the kids idea. Just one of the many stupid ideas that they have before they enter college.

i feel sorry for your offspring

I love when people say that...ya'll have no idea who I am and what type of children I can raise...I swear, y'all gotta be the most basic humans on this planet. It's all good though, because like I say everytime, I'd never send my school with ya'll beta as kids, it'll be to easy for them to run ish, I'd prefer a "tougher" crowd.

1. if alot of people say they feel sorry for your offspring, you're doing something wrong

2. your kids would tolerate a firearm pointed at them... mine would take that as disrespect and respond accordingly...

you not "tough" because you allow yourself to be disrespected... you just live by that #civialianlogic

But I don't understand how that is neccessarily disrespectful to the child, especially in that situation. I would think, you pointing a gun at someone and they not minding would garner more respect for said individual, saying "even with the threat of death at my doorstept, nothing you do can stop me from being me." Pointing a gun at someone is threatening them, but if the threat doesn't work, how does that translate to less respect?

I don't care how many people tell me I'm doing something wrong, I care who tells me I'm doing something wrong; if it's someone who's opinion I respect, then I will take it to heart...take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
But I don't understand how that is neccessarily disrespectful to the child, especially in that situation. I would think, you pointing a gun at someone and they not minding would garner more respect for said individual, saying "even with the threat of death at my doorstept, nothing you do can stop me from being me." Pointing a gun at someone is threatening them, but if the threat doesn't work, how does that translate to less respect?

I don't care how many people tell me I'm doing something wrong, I care who tells me I'm doing something wrong; if it's someone who's opinion I respect, then I will take it to heart...take that for what it's worth.

ignoring threats = shook
responding to threats = self respect

we just live by different codes...

If even one of my best homies pointed a strap at me i would whoop his *** on the spot

Last edited:
Again, you guys gotta stop claiming the guns are being pointed at anybody.
You're sensationalizing what is actually happening.
Pretty much its in good fun. In all these photos, they look like upper middle class men who know about gun safety and how to properly handle firearms. They grew up with it.  These aren't dudes in the hood were the only training they get is from shooting up homes and cars. Anybody who hunts or sports, knows when someone is actually pointing the gun at them. I honestly get it all the time for a photo op when buds/family and nothing to cry about or feel disrespected. I don't surround myself with morons who don't know how to handle a gun. Trust is underlying issue with a lot of you folks. 

Context, context, context...Martin Luther King ignored big threats...he was shook? Ghandi ignored big threats, was he too shook? I'm not whooping someones *** simply for poining a gun at me, that is something I would tell my kids; I'll tell them to weigh his options, see what would be best in that particular situation then react accordingly, if Martin had punched out someone instead of continuing to eat his pie at the counter, his whole movement would have crumbled...but if Black Panthers wouldn't have shot back then their movement would have crumbled...contemplation >> rigid principles...

scary to think that some of the people condoning these pictures are gun owners themselves

:smh:

Last edited:

ignoring threats = shook

If even one of my best homies pointed a strap at me i would whoop his *** on the spot
The irony of this is that seeing threats where there are none and reacting "accordingly" gets so many people shot
mean.gif

Context, context, context...Martin Luther King ignored big threats...he was shook? Ghandi ignored big threats, was he too shook? I'm not whooping someones *** simply for poining a gun at me, that is something I would tell my kids; I'll tell them to weigh his options, see what would be best in that particular situation then react accordingly, if Martin had punched out someone instead of continuing to eat his pie at the counter, his whole movement would have crumbled...but if Black Panthers wouldn't have shot back then their movement would have crumbled...contemplation >> rigid principles...

mlk was responding to the bigger threat (lack of civil rights) the guns being pulled on him was just one of the tribulations he had to endure on his path... mlk wasnt sitting around the house letting cops point guns at him for comedic effect.

you probably would have let the local klan chapter do photos with nooses around your neck for laughs...

Last edited:

ignoring threats = shook

The irony of this is that seeing threats where there are none and reacting "accordingly" gets so many people shot :smh:

by definition... reacting "accordingly" would entail doing what needs to be done and not getting shot...

So then, why would you bring up "ignoring" if reacting accordingly entails doing what needs to be done? in that vain, even if you just keep it moving, you are "reacting accordingly" so the term "ignoring" should have never been brought up...and sometimes getting shot is what needs to happen...it all depends...context, context, context.

ex. nothing get shot at pearl harbor, we stay out of the WWII...that would be at least one example where something/someone getting shot had a positive outcome and is what probably should have been done in the eyes of history.

but to stay on topic, I don't see any more disrespect than any other dad sending a not so subtle message of "don't mess over my daugher" in, what I perceive to be, a funny way; pull your skirts down, it ain't that serious.

My opinion is just based on the healthy respect I have for guns. I have two in my house. I've always had guns in my house growing up. In my opinion, you don't play with them.....period.

These pictures are comedy. If any of these kids were actually going to be fired on the dads wouldn't have even bothered taking pictures. 

Flexing with a gun is not going to stop the daughter from getting a pounding later in the night, so I don't even see what's the use of standing there with a gun acting you're gonna do anything about it, let alone even find out the details of that night. The fathers are delusional.

Last edited:
I'd tell my son if you can be in that picture, she can be in a video of you smashing! lol 
roll.gif

Wait..... Ain't yall the same people talking about "if some dude tryin get my baby girl he's catching one"?

Lol

Back
Top Bottom