Post Your Motorcycle

been thinking about getting a sports bike for a long time now, maybe a 600. i have NEVER rode a bike before and still debating if its worth spending on. can anyone tell me the pros and cons of riding a bike and what I should really need to know before I pull the trigger?
It's the best time to buy a bike as it is the end of the riding season for most..

can anyone give me a little info on track riding

how it works 

what to do

i wanna try it out

do i need anything to do it?

just something i came across tonite.. 

where have i BEEN!!!!!???????!!

Suzuki >_____!!!

can anyone give me a little info on track riding

how it works 
what to do

i wanna try it out

do i need anything to do it?

mostly you'll need plenty of $$$ because track days can be hella expensive!!! especially if you are starting fron scratch. i think you'll need tires, race leathers (1-piece suit, 2-piece suit), to race prep your bike (safety wire bolts, remove headlights or tape over headlights, safety wire your oil filter) all I could think off of top, I'm sure there are more but they will tell you @ the briefing session all you need, & there will likely be an inspection of your bike to make it race ready as well...

mostly you'll need plenty of $$$ because track days can be hella expensive!!! especially if you are starting fron scratch. i think you'll need tires, race leathers (1-piece suit, 2-piece suit), to race prep your bike (safety wire bolts, remove headlights or tape over headlights, safety wire your oil filter) all I could think off of top, I'm sure there are more but they will tell you @ the briefing session all you need, & there will likely be an inspection of your bike to make it race ready as well...
thanks man

so its not just, have a track bike tape up mirror and lights and pay some price and take off?

do you need to take something as far as a class before you can hop on a track or is it going at your own will  

mostly you'll need plenty of $$$ because track days can be hella expensive!!! especially if you are starting fron scratch. i think you'll need tires, race leathers (1-piece suit, 2-piece suit), to race prep your bike (safety wire bolts, remove headlights or tape over headlights, safety wire your oil filter) all I could think off of top, I'm sure there are more but they will tell you @ the briefing session all you need,
thanks man

so its not just, have a track bike tape up mirror and lights and pay some price and take off?

do you need to take something as far as a class before you can hop on a track or is it going at your own will  

now I've never been, but a few people I work with have done a few track days & been trying to get me to go, thus explaining some of the requirements...not every track has the same requirements but generally you' ll prolly have to go through a classroom session to explain the rules of the track; likely split up by experience/skill level. on the track you have to follow the instructor for some laps, then everyone in the session will have a turn at the front with the instructor directly behind them, a break where you maybe get some feedback or explain technique, & then i think some 'open' laps; I don't think there is a track where you literally just hop on the track, there will always be some evaluation/prep work necessary.

My baby that is currently down for repairs (had a lowside accident, went out riding with a crazy mofo that I knew I shouldn't have gone out riding with)
2005 SV650 w/ 24k miles on the clock. First bike ever, lookin to upgrade to a Street Triple R next year. I don't think I'll ever be converted to a super sport.

I can't wait to get back on the old girl, I miss her so much. I miss the sound & vibrations of that twin and its monster engine braking :wow:

msf class tomorrow! pumped but nervous...any tips ? should i take a notepad or something for the classroom instruction time? should i wear my perscription glasses...i usually dont need them when i drive but is it better to have them just in case?

Last edited:
msf class tomorrow! pumped but nervous...any tips ? should i take a notepad or something for the classroom instruction time? should i wear my perscription glasses...i usually dont need them when i drive but is it better to have them just in case?
where i went they gave me everything (as far as classroom stuff)

you're gonna need to go through classroom stuff for a bit first before you get on the bike, but when you do, wear your glasses under your helmet

Sold the GSXR, and finally picked up my 2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) this weekend. 11k miles, two brother dual exhaust, etc. LOVE this bike.

2u8gmio.jpg

2rrrpt1.jpg

Last edited:
I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING AT AN 2006 DUCATI 749 WITH 5000 MILES FOR $6000. I'M THINKING ABOUT PULLING THE TRIGGER....

DAMN TOLD MYSELF I WAS GONNA SIT ON THE CASH AND WAIT TO BUY ANOTHER BIKE AFTER I BOUGHT MY HOUSE. :smh:

LOL well this is a 600cc but I had the Europe fairings replaced on my bike. But, regardless I love my 600 too man. Kawi's are definitely great machines 
smokin.gif

BAY AREA! 

I have a Red 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R 14,8XX miles for sale! Sad to see her go but It's up for sale because I got a baby girl on the way...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/3350617367.html

I stumbled upon your bike many times searching for my 636 the past month or so :smokin ....Didn't know it was a fellow NTer :lol:

^^^^
How much was that Kawasaki bro...?

Picked this up for $3900. A steal IMO, especially for the Bay Area. Kelly Blue Book is $4750.

None of the major trackday providers here in the Bay make you do safety wiring of bolts n oil filter. Also, most of em do not require to tape up lights, unless the housing is glass (which most of the sportbikes are plastic). Just have to unplug the brake light and tape or remove mirrors and you're set. Other regular maintenance things apply, like making sure you have good tire tread and chain is lubed. You should get a leather suit n boots, but i have seen someone go in a textile two piece before. Depending on the provider, groups are usually in two pr three groups, running sessions for each group an hour (so 30 or 20 min sessions). Breakdown is usually... fast fast guys (club racers), seasoned or track-comfortable riders, then novices. Each major org here provides rider coaches, so if you want the help, it's definitely available. Some also run short classes to help improve various things... riding posture, best lines, etc.

I have actually done a ton of trackdays... i used to be a slow "A" pace rider, or faster "B" rider, but have had to re learn everything... including confidence, after my last crash a few years back and taking a hiatus. So this season has been tough finding my pace again.

In any case, i love trackdays and heavily encourage riders to go out there and experience it. Damn fun and all the other variables of the street are removed allowing you to go as fast as you wanna.

woo! barely passed my MSF class but got it.

but damn didnt realize being on a bike for that long would leave me so sore.

Last edited:
congrats naz, i just passed my class this morning too breh. my instructors were chill as hell, i'm starting to look for a bike and like the look of the cbr's so far but where would the bay area nter's recommend looking for a bike? price range is about 3k or so

^looking for used I'd start with Craigs list.
If you look long enough and broaden the search radius you're bound to find somethin.

I'd also recommend taking someone with you that knows a thing or two about bikes, that's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom