\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Huh? Ur gunna tell me about a vehicle I own... and you do not? Oh

r/t 1/4 mile 14.1

G35x 1/4 mile 13.8

TOrque is cool and I might got merked on the highway but like I said... my car is quicker

ANd monday ur accord could prolly pace an r/t through a 1/4 mile.. id ggetthe v6 cuz the speed difference isnt that appreciable. Less than 75 horses for 5k more? I ll jus stunt n the 6 till the 392 is n the budget because if you dont push an SRT ur chally/charger is not that fast.

You won't lose on the highway

the g makes it's power all the way up to red line

I don't really care for speed

If i shaved weight, and installed a couple bolt-on's, i'd demolish any r/t

I don't really care for it, though.

Last edited:
As someone who as actually owned both a v6 lx vehicle and v8 lx Vehicle it is night and day.

Don't do it to yourself.

Also the v6s challenger depreciate so much more than any v8.

Your long term cost of ownership is going to be close to the same

Also I need to know why yall keep comparing Da Hemis to cars that cost 10K+ more than them and are incrementally faster and much smaller.

It's like you dudes are upset its an awesome car.

Also I need to know why if you bought a g37 coupe two years ago and I bought a Challenger R/T two years ago and they both have the same options and mileage the Challenger is worth roughly the same amount of money despite costing 10K less at the point of sale?

There is a reason why that car depreciates exponentially more than a Challenger.

i also dont understand why u guys were saying that the g35/37 makes power all the way to redline. every car makes max power around the redline :lol:

Also I need to know why yall keep comparing Da Hemis to cars that cost 10K+ more than them and are incrementally faster and much smaller.

It's like you dudes are upset its an awesome car.

Also I need to know why if you bought a g37 coupe two years ago and I bought a Challenger R/T two years ago and they both have the same options and mileage the Challenger is worth roughly the same amount of money despite costing 10K less at the point of sale?

There is a reason why that car depreciates exponentially more than a Challenger.

A Charger R/T will run pretty close with a Lexus LS and less than half the price. Does that mean the LS is a poor engineering job?

No!

Whole different market

Whole different intent

i also dont understand why u guys were saying that the g35/37 makes power all the way to redline. every car makes max power around the redline :lol:
Simple

high revving engine>low revving engine.

On one hand we have a push rod motor

the other we have a motor with dual over head cams, variable intake and exhaust timing

the newer G37's even have VVL (Variable Valve Lift)

Its pretty much like the cam timing & lift is adjusting to make the most power out of what ever specific RPM the motor is in.

Last edited:
How are people hating on a G37? NTers are clueless not EVERYTHING about a car is measured 0-60 and raw HP numbers

Ummm when it comes to perfomance specs yes

It is...if you wanna have a separate debate on how

High on da priority list someone has it in da grand

scheme of things then we can have that conversation

But one thing's for sure is horsepower & torque

Doesnt go outta style unlike other frivolous car

Attributes like "luxury" creature comforts.

Low end torque >>>>> screaming redline that you

Have to wait to see that power..aka torqueless

wonders that are usually JDM cars...

i dont understand why ur referring to the revs?. if a car makes more power, then it makes more power regardless of what rpm the other car can max out at.

so if a car is making 300hp at 5000 rpm and another is making 250 at 7000 wouldnt the car at 5000 rpm still be faster since its putting out more power?

Pushrods have huge advantage over DOHC motors in terms of durability. Granted DOHCs will almost always make more power/tq per cube

i dont understand why ur referring to the revs?. if a car makes more power, then it makes more power regardless of what rpm the other car can max out at.

so if a car is making 300hp at 5000 rpm and another is making 250 at 7000 wouldnt the car at 5000 rpm still be faster since its putting out more power?

When that power comes in da powerband it matters..

Da earlier it comes in more usable it is.

Gs are awesome but if you plan on making it faster than stock your gonna spend way more dough then you would to make a Dodge faster.

Oh yeah and I hope you boys know that your stock HP numbers are from the CRANK not to the WHEELS, so your not as fast as you think.

Last edited:
What a tangent lol

Anyway the pont was I could instantly feel that the r/t was not gunna throw me back n my seat like I had envisioned. It felt slower off the line than my G etc it did however handle remarkably well... A car that heavy should not shimmy thru s turns like it does... The salesman almost **** himself when I had the superbee sideways at 40 mph thru an s turn lol. He loosened up after that lol

In my humble opinion the r/t is underpowered. It should be puttin out SS hp numbers to really give it that extra umph.

At the end of the day sneaker pro makes some very valid points regarding depreciation and true cost. 3k down 269 a month is the featured lease special. I'm not puttin more than 1500 down and I want red leather. I'm thinking it'll be close to 400 a month :x ...

:evil:

{easy} Real motha ****** "G's" ! {easy}

List looks good. U wont find an fx n good shape for under 18k tho. Not a newer one with lowish miles neway

List looks good. U wont find an fx n good shape for under 18k tho. Not a newer one with lowish miles neway

I did before I purchased the C300 I have now(The FX was an '06 with 52k for 18,5). I should've pulled the trigger, but waited too long and it was snapped up. Seems to be a bit of a bouncy vehicle, but super comfy, and seemingly quick albeit, the stats dont show that.

Last edited:
Jew you in much better shape if you cop a base r/t do the red leather seats third party through katzkin.

With the incentives they are offering nowadays I just don't see how makes sense long term to do anything other than an rt.

Back
Top Bottom