\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Went to a late night cars and coffee and they gave me a great parking spot, even next to the lambo, a lot of people were taking pictures/intrigued by the Lotus

They should be intrigued. Car looks WAY WAY better than the Huracan next to it. Style & design wise, it's an exotic car plain and simple. 👍And that design is SO reasonable for what you get. Even at FE 2.0 pricing. 👏👏 Nothing available currently looks better for the same money. NOTHING PERIOD!!

Last edited:
Went to a late night cars and coffee and they gave me a great parking spot, even next to the lambo, a lot of people were taking pictures/intrigued by the Lotus

Lambos are everywhere nowadays, Lotus you dont see everyday and frankly not alot of people know what they are. Id think it was a Ferrari if I didnt know tbh. Looks great in that blue on black. :pimp:

Also that spec on the Huracan next to you is tragic. :lol: Color and wheels are trash.

Lambos are everywhere nowadays, Lotus you dont see everyday and frankly not alot of people know what they are. Id think it was a Ferrari if I didnt know tbh. Looks great in that blue on black. :pimp:

Also that spec on the Huracan next to you is tragic. :lol: Color and wheels are trash.

Believe me, I needed both hands to count how many times people confused my wife's Evora GT for a McLaren whenever we had it out the first few weeks. Either that or some didn't even know who Lotus is. Best question, "what is it?" "A Lotus" "Who makes Lotus?" 🤦🏻‍♂️

And I will tell you, you are SO WRONG about that color. That's Blue Ageir. I know that color well as a friend had a Evo Spyder for a bit and the color in person is AMAZING!! What's wrong with it in your opinion?

Believe me, I needed both hands to count how many times people confused my wife's Evora GT for a McLaren whenever we had it out the first few weeks. Either that or some didn't even know who Lotus is. Best question, "what is it?" "A Lotus" "Who makes Lotus?" 🤦🏻‍♂️

And I will tell you, you are SO WRONG about that color. That's Blue Ageir. I know that color well as a friend had a Evo Spyder for a bit and the color in person is AMAZING!! What's wrong with it in your opinion?

Well tickle me sideways I didnt know an opinion could be wrong. :lol:

Nah I just dont like that shade of blue, it looks kinda desaturized.

Well tickle me sideways I didnt know an opinion could be wrong. :lol:

Nah I just dont like that shade of blue, it looks kinda desaturized.

We all have opinions 😂 if I was some horrific matte color, I'm all with you. Believe me in person this color isn't desaturized. It's the fact it doesn't translate well from a camera. It's a beautiful metallic blue with some aqua in it. I'm sure you can find a pic from a dealer who has much better equipment that will represent the color better.

Plus, blue is my #1 color for cars with purple a very close 2nd. 👍

We all have opinions 😂 if I was some horrific matte color, I'm all with you. Believe me in person this color isn't desaturized. It's the fact it doesn't translate well from a camera. It's a beautiful metallic blue with some aqua in it. I'm sure you can find a pic from a dealer who has much better equipment that will represent the color better.

Plus, blue is my #1 color for cars with purple a very close 2nd. 👍

Im watching Doug's review on the Lotus, yo its a supercharged CAMRY engine. :sick:

Sounds good though, and atleast its probably reliable as hell. :lol:

The exposed shifter linkage though behind the mesh and the visible throttle body :pimp: thats a cool as hell touch. It really is a beautiful car, the side profile view is probably my fav. Gives me 911 Turbo vibes with that back vent x McLaren 720 general shape.

Last edited:
Im watching Doug's review on the Lotus, yo its a supercharged CAMRY engine. :sick:

The exposed shifter linkage though behind the mesh and the visible throttle body :pimp: thats a cool as hell touch. It really is a beautiful car, the side profile view is probably my fav. Gives me 911 Turbo vibes with that back vent x McLaren 720 general shape.
my favorite part on the side profile is the side intake scoops
usually only get that on a 911 turbo or rs model

You never knew it was the 2GR-FE engine from a Camry? They've used that motor since 2010 when the Evora first came out. It's the basis yes but NOT the exact same. Lotus works it. Exhaust camshafts are different, as is the injectors & ECU. Plus the Edelbrock supercharger. It doesn't sound like any Camry you've ever heard before 😂😂

And do a 3rd cat delete on any Evora (the 3rd cat right before the exhaust, which has no monitors for O2, and is ONLY there to appease California CARB law and noise variants. Remove that, add the delete pipe (a $250 part from GRP) and it screams like a racecar as it climbs to 7,000! I've had so many people say they can't believe the Evora GT sounds the way it does. Especially for a Camry motor.

And yes, reliability is the best part about it. Oil changes are literally a $8 filter and $40 of oil from Walmart and a couple hours of one's time (getting the rear diffuser off is a PITA with all the bolts). Only issue really is, when it's time for a clutch, the motor has to come out. Which means the rear clam has to come off. Not cheap, but it's something that isn't even worried about 'till well down the road.

An Evora GT owner on Instagram just had his clutch done at 90,500 mile. And he DRIVES the car. All over the country. Definitely NOT babied! So for someone who drives their car a few thousand miles a year it's NOTHING to even consider worrying about.

Just one of the MANY reasons I love the EVORA GT. I love the Emira, I just HATE the seats! Like, really dislike them. You sit on them and not in them. Hopefully they add the Sparco buckets from the GT as an option. THOSE are wonderful!!

TBH call me sacrilegious....I'd remove the wing for daily driving, throw it back on for the track (if possible)

love the fenders and added aero pieces.....just cant get with the shopping cart spoiler aesthetically (yes yes, I know its active aero, and drastically improves stability and reduces drag etc.)

the mini duck tail is :emoji_ok_hand:
found one :emoji_heart_eyes:
bx87oamhgkd21.jpg

Guess I'm a sacrilegious heathen, and not alone.

Mine has been solid so far, knock on wood… But the issues I’m seeing most are unrelated to the Toyota power plant, more like AC resistors getting wet and the AC stops working. Lots of electrical gremlins from low charged batteries too.

Also the sound system sucks, I put a subwoofer in mine that’s pretty easy to remove

IMG_2970.jpeg

Its true, most people when they ask about the car are expecting some exotic V12 or something crazy.

I have no problem admitting its not the fastest car i've driven, but it is one of the most fun to drive.
fast don’t mean nothing if it’s not comfortable and fun to drive. my friend has a gutted 95’ (i think it’s a 95) corvette and yeah it’s fast as frick but it’s not comfortable to drive or ride in at all and it’s so loud inside lol

I think this is whats hurting Lotus in the state. Even thought Toyota's claim to fame is cheap, low maintence reliablity . 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't hurt it, trust me. As much as I LOVE the Esprit V8 Twin Turbos (and the Esprit was my dream car growing up) I'm scared to death of what they cost to service, hence I won't buy one if I had the $$$. Plus if the belts go, bye bye engine (it's an interference engine). The cost to service one is routinely $3-5k as they always need something. And if they aren't driven often, it really hurts them.

The V6 in the Evora GT, can sit for months with ZERO issues (as long as it's on tender). It's basically bulletproof. It's why the Elises can go over 100k miles easily with normal maintenance of the 2ZZ 4-cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom