\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I can’t think of a single car brand that fell off harder than Mitsubishi from the 90s til now….. from what MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain posted earlier to this Mitsubishi had a solid hold on the performance vehicle market in the 90s and early 2000s

Found this gem at my hotel this week
37AEF273-87A3-486A-BF37-E0770F3EE941.jpeg

7D857B71-555C-41B4-8FDD-B9FF3270D8A7.jpeg

honda.. literally the civic type r and that’s it

Had to get a recall done on my Maverick. So I went to my old job, and while I waited asked my old coworker if I could test drive this
PXL_20240625_151611045.MP.jpg

GT Premium 6-speed. Premium Trim 401A pkg, Blue Brembos, Active exhaust.

I hated it!! 👎

The interior with the double screens and NO climate buttons, and the car just didn't feel "seat of the pants" fast. Probably because it's basically 3,900 empty and dry. 🤦🏻‍♂️ And it's sticker is $56k. Yeah, no thank you!

If someone asked what Modern Mustang I would buy, I'd get a Mach 1! 3rd Gen Coyote with the Tremec. THAT is a sharp car.
im curious how these screens will hold up in 5 years

I can’t think of a single car brand that fell off harder than Mitsubishi from the 90s til now….. from what MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain posted earlier to this Mitsubishi had a solid hold on the performance vehicle market in the 90s and early 2000s

Found this gem at my hotel this week
37AEF273-87A3-486A-BF37-E0770F3EE941.jpeg

7D857B71-555C-41B4-8FDD-B9FF3270D8A7.jpeg

Outlander, Mirage, and an Eclipse cross are the only vehicles available from them in the U.S.

Like, how the Fuhh are they still in business here?

Been at Honda past couple of days, my lease ended though I have about a week and a half before I have to turn it in. Id finance it but Accord 1.5 engines have a very common head gasket issue I dont wanna eventually deal with. New Accord Spot is a Hybrid so the mpg really intrigues me. Its gonna be close to double my mpg now which is selling it to me itself since I actually dont particularly love how it looks (isnt bad but my 10th gen is MUCH better looking). I will say the interior is nicer except the seats are full cloth while only the center armrest and door elbow rests are leather. My current has half leather seats which I actually really like. Full cloth though? Turning me off man...

These dealers crooks too. Said yesterday is last day of the month we cant give you this deal tomorrow, yet they call me 6x today saying they can work it out for what I want. :lol:

Been at Honda past couple of days, my lease ended though I have about a week and a half before I have to turn it in. Id finance it but Accord 1.5 engines have a very common head gasket issue I dont wanna eventually deal with. New Accord Spot is a Hybrid so the mpg really intrigues me. Its gonna be close to double my mpg now which is selling it to me itself since I actually dont particularly love how it looks (isnt bad but my 10th gen is MUCH better looking). I will say the interior is nicer except the seats are full cloth while only the center armrest and door elbow rests are leather. My current has half leather seats which I actually really like. Full cloth though? Turning me off man...

These dealers crooks too. Said yesterday is last day of the month we cant give you this deal tomorrow, yet they call me 6x today saying they can work it out for what I want. :lol:

No defending them at all (most dealers are scum) but if they can do the same deal today, it's either they extended them through the holiday weekend or they kept them for the next month or so. That's not uncommon. Sometimes, when I worked, we were held captive until we knew what was coming the next month (and we wouldn't know until that last day). Only time it can work if things did change for the worse, is if the dealer drops the ticket for the sale and back date it but deliver it the next day or two.

No defending them at all (most dealers are scum) but if they can do the same deal today, it's either they extended them through the holiday weekend or they kept them for the next month or so. That's not uncommon. Sometimes, when I worked, we were held captive until we knew what was coming the next month (and we wouldn't know until that last day). Only time it can work if things did change for the worse, is if the dealer drops the ticket for the sale and back date it but deliver it the next day or two.

Im going back tomorrow. Negotiating price of the car now, originally all the fee and taxes they wanted $3600 for how much I was comfortable at monthly. Got it down to $1500 and what I want monthly. Still think I can wiggle it down some. Any tips?

Edit:

I wasnt a fan of the new Accord (11th gen) especially compared ot my 10th gen. But in person, and in a pic like this...you know it aint that bad actually. Urban grey is what id get too.

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 10.15.16 PM.png

Last edited:
Im going back tomorrow. Negotiating price of the car now, originally all the fee and taxes they wanted $3600 for how much I was comfortable at monthly. Got it down to $1500 and what I want monthly. Still think I can wiggle it down some. Any tips?

Edit:

I wasnt a fan of the new Accord (11th gen) especially compared ot my 10th gen. But in person, and in a pic like this...you know it aint that bad actually. Urban grey is what id get too.

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 10.15.16 PM.png

If you got them down $2000 in what you need to give them, on a car they sell a lot of, that's pretty good. If they have a the lot full of cars, maybe another $500 max is available. But don't be surprised if you got them down near the bottom. Great job. 👍👍

If you got them down $2000 in what you need to give them, on a car they sell a lot of, that's pretty good. If they have a the lot full of cars, maybe another $500 max is available. But don't be surprised if you got them down near the bottom. Great job. 👍👍

Thanks!

New Accords arent selling well actually, my gen is alot more desireable. How much of a factor is that in my negotiating power? They called me 6x today to come in. My car is also low mileage, im 24k miles when I had 36k allotted so that works for me too. Only thing is some minor damages to the car (small crack tail light, mirror, front fog light damaged) so idk if that offsets all that.

Back
Top Bottom