\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Anyone else experience this? Bought my RC 350 brand new in ‘17. My rear brake pads practically have no wear on them. Already on my 4th set for the fronts including the ones that came with the car. Was hearing a rear squeak last week and thought they finally wore down. Nope. Think the brake dust shield was hitting up against the rotor.

Currently at 56k miles.
Push it back using your hands. Nothing serious, just a little nudge.

Anyone have any recommendations on what to do after your cars factory warranty is about to expire?

I have a 2019 BMW 330XI M Sport Package. My in-service date will hit 4 years April 2023. I usually lease my cars so I don't have to worry about maintenance but decided to buy out my car when my lease ended because it was cheaper than to lease a new vehicle. I bought it out using a loan from a credit union, not a dealer or BMW North America.

Any recommendations on third party warranties? Should I get one through a dealer at BMW? Should I not worry about it? I have had no issues so far (knock on wood) but unsure of what would be best. Appreciate the help

Don’t get a warranty it’s not worth it.

Buddy, that's what they all say (seen it with my own eyes for 23 years). Those who don't need it at the time say no, but wish they had it down the road when it becomes necessary.

Extended Warranties are not for motor and transmission issues mainly (as for the most part those are few and far between) but for all the other bull**** stuff that can go wrong. Computers, touch screens that control damn near everything, and so on. And don't even forget suspension and HVAC. They are worth it but you should ALWAYS buy the ones from the manufacturer. The 3rd party ones, for the most part always find a way to NOT pay for the repair. Manufacturer backed ones pay all the time.

I can't tell you how many times I've had customers come tell me how they needed the Ford ESP when out of town. Car was fixed, and Ford even paid for travel reimbursement if a covered part failed and it made the person have to stay overnight. They thanked me for offering it to them (I only offer as I was told).

Anyone have any recommendations on what to do after your cars factory warranty is about to expire?

I have a 2019 BMW 330XI M Sport Package. My in-service date will hit 4 years April 2023. I usually lease my cars so I don't have to worry about maintenance but decided to buy out my car when my lease ended because it was cheaper than to lease a new vehicle. I bought it out using a loan from a credit union, not a dealer or BMW North America.

Any recommendations on third party warranties? Should I get one through a dealer at BMW? Should I not worry about it? I have had no issues so far (knock on wood) but unsure of what would be best. Appreciate the help

See my post above. 👍👍

I would look and see what your local dealer would charge for the factory warranty vs what other dealers would charge. When I bought my Honda in Houston local dealers wanted $4k, but I was able to find a dealer in Ohio with a factory warranty for $1500 with way more coverage. The warranties are negotiable.

Note: The factory warranties start from the in service date, not the day you purchase the warranty.

I’m factory warranty advocate especially when purchased with the service plan. Drop the car off and don’t have to worry about anything.

Last edited:
4000 psi is waaaaayyyyyy too much for a car.

GPM is much more important than PSI.

If your referring to my post, that is what the hose is rated for, not what it's pushing out. I use it with my 1750 PSI and works great. Mostly because it's more flexible than the hose that came with the washer (cheap plastic junk). 👍

Dad picked this up tonight. 2023 GX460 Premium w/ Sport Design package. Ended up paying $3k below MSRP.

14D7D9FE-4850-403D-9296-13F0481E3ECA.jpeg

C8BB35AC-896C-4B29-8A4A-5109BA8DF50D.jpeg

EB38D7E4-2B50-432E-83BF-DCBAF9C31042.jpeg

4A416583-C8BC-45A5-8363-5F6F119756BE.jpeg

I forgot how annoying a black car is, I used to wash my pearl white once a month, now i'm back to weekly washes, and these mobile detailers charging like 50$ for mediocre washes, so looks like i'm about to be a car wash pro. :lol:

The car wash prices hilarious.

If you are keeping the BMW past warranty get the OEM extended warranty. Otherwise don’t get a warranty and have a great independent mechanic.

How much do you want to spend on a pressure washer? Truthfully, (and some may loathe this), but I bought mine at Harbor Freight. The Portland electric. Have had it going on 3 years this spring and it's been FLAWLESS!! Paid $79.99 for it (on sale from $99.99). Saw it in store recently at $69.99. Not sure if it was a sale, but it's worth every penny.

Washed my deck flooring, back garage door, and I use it almost weekly to wash all our cars. I can't recommend it enough. Yeah, you can pay $300-$600 for a good one, or even more for a high end Krenzle, but unless your a professional derailer, who will use it daily, it's not worth it. What I did, was upgrade the pieces. That's where the money should go. Stock hose is junk. As is the way it connects. Bought quick connects for water in & water out on the machine and on my hose from the spigot. Then went to MTM and got a Cobra 50' hose and the Hydro short trigger gun and extension wand.

These short guns make washing so much easier than the long necks when washing cars. Then I went and bought the PF22.2 Snow Cannon. Incredible amount of foam. Now I see the difference between Amazon $30 guns and a $90 gun. Makes cleaning cars a breeze. I'll throw in some links of the accessory kit I got. They sell out but usually restock. For the $$, I love my setup.

The kit to get. You get everything needed to upgrade a PW.

The pressure washer. Some will say it's not strong enough. You don't need some crazy amount of PSI to wash a car. Too much can actually damage the paint and or take off decals cars come with. This has been perfect washing our cars. And with cars that have PPF you shouldn't put a ton of pressure on the film anyway. This is a good setup for weekly or biweekly car washes.

Good luck. 👍👍

Looked at like 20 different units, prices weren't the issue, just negative reviews on a lot of them (Thanks to Amazon), so that always grabs my attention. I actually got the MTM gun and Cannon a few days ago. I have a harbor freight down the street so ill swing by today appreciate the info.

Looked at like 20 different units, prices weren't the issue, just negative reviews on a lot of them (Thanks to Amazon), so that always grabs my attention. I actually got the MTM gun and Cannon a few days ago. I have a harbor freight down the street so ill swing by today appreciate the info.

Excellent. Like I said, I had ZERO issues with my washer, but it is from Harbor Freight so YMMV. Just make sure you get a better, longer rubber hose and buy quick connections for the back and front of the washer. Makes life so much easier when putting it away. 👍

Forget a warranty if something breaks just upgrade it with a better part. It just means the oem cheaped out there :evil: if it’s something catastrophic I don’t think warranty would cover it anyway

Forget a warranty if something breaks just upgrade it with a better part. It just means the oem cheaped out there :evil: if it’s something catastrophic I don’t think warranty would cover it anyway
My Warranty Story-

I would never drive European anything without warranty, My first Benz from 07 Transmission went out a few months before Factory warranty ended, would of been 10k minimum. When I went to sell it, the brand new Transmission didn't even help the sale, all my car salesman homies told me don't even mention it, cause it will scare off potential buyers.

I remember signing up for the extended warranty when I went to pick up my Challenger. At the time I was so excited & bursting with joy I didn't know how to act :lol: so I let them reel me in. The finance manager said "bring it in for any repair, no questions asked...blah blah blah". It all sounded so great.

With my lowass miles I never needed that extended warranty+I had engine mods done on it before it expires(Feb'23) so it wouldn't be any good regardless. When my dad went to get his Cr-v couple of years ago I went with him & I made sure I kept countering the finance managers adamant persuasions of warranty with no no no & NO. He was really relentless but I didn't budge. I get it they gotta eat too but screw this warranty crap.

Get it if you need it but don't do what I did & check all the boxes out of excitement thinking more is better, lol.

Karcher K1700 for a sub $300 pressure washer. I’d upgrade the hose though.

Back
Top Bottom