\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nah nah im just beating this 2jz joke to death. :lol:

I’ll stop when 05fordgt 05fordgt finally does a JDM friendly car meet.

😂😂 it's not my fault that those meets (JDM mostly) are the ones that go on in business lots without permission from said business and then gets shut down as soon as someone does something stupid (and it always happens) and the cops roll through. They have the one large Cars & Coffee on the Mainline this Sunday. I hope (read BETTER) get my car back by then as I'll go and if I see any cool JDM cars, I'll take some pics for you & post. 😉👍

Ohhhh, lmao. You had me 2nd guessing myself like wait what? He is a fan of the 300Z I believe & I ❤️ JDM

I love the Z32 Z. And I also REALLY love the Conquest TSi in that royal blue color!! 🔥🔥 And there were 2 really clean Isuzu Impulse hatches there. Such a quirky car. Joe Isuzu was the best ad campaign ever!! 👍

ED5F86C7-51D4-4BB0-980A-74F270B9FC66.jpeg

How do ya'll deal with caliper rust?
Caliper rust? Do you mean the hat of the rotor having rust? If it is caliper, get them painted. It solves all your problems. Painted my calipers way back in the day (like 2007 or 2008) with G2 caliper paint and for the most part, it's been great. Not the same as having someone take them off and paint them completely but it definitely helps and makes them look great. 👍

That Brooklyn car culture :pimp: + bonus 🍕 pics of some bombass pizza I had there- L'Industrie & than Joe's
20220701_192646.jpg
What year was this picture taken, homie really sliding the pager back on his hip.
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.07.21 PM.png
meme.jpeg

see ya in 41 hours brah! :lol:
Making this trip with my dad next year. He plans on driving to NC from Cali. He is getting up there in age so I said let me know and I will fly out and make the drive with you. Man a damn robot I swear, couple years ago drove from San Diego to Louisiana non stop. He said I got in a good run and just didn't want to stop. In his younger days drove from NC to Cali nonstop. SMH.

I am a driver, but don't know if I am at the level of driving 24 hours straight through.

Wife got her clinical placement up in Media, PA which is about 40 miles from here. Letting her use my car to save all that gas money.

Even though im not going anywhere anyway, i feel naked when my car is gone

So when I got back from that car show Sunday, I ran inside to use the bathroom and cool off (it was a bit hot Sunday around my way). Also let the car cool off as mid-engined cars retain heat way more (had the glass engine cover popped) About 10 minutes later, I went back out and got my cooler out of the car (it was on the passenger side floor). When I got it out, I saw this on the floor.

PXL_20220703_222536904.jpg

It's an aftermarket rev-matching device that must be plugged into the pedal and I guess something in the shifter. It seems like it was velcroed up under the dash and it must have fell down when the cooler nudged it. Didn't know it was there. It was turned off but it was very surprising someone put this in. Haven't tried it yet as I know how to rev-match, as I was doing it on the way out and back as it sounds SO GOOD reving the tach a bit. But I'll have to give it a try. I know the feature in the new Mustang GTs works very well. Just something I totally didn't expect to find in this. 🤔

My M4 has the auto rev match feature. At first I didn’t trust it, so never used it. Also didn’t feel the need to, bc I know how to rev match. Started using it the other day and it is useful when coming to a stop, since you don’t need to heel toe and can just chill.

titang545 titang545 :lol: :rofl::lol:That's my brother, lmfao. It's hilarious you mentioned the belt clip because we all go in on him about it & say he's single handedly keeping the belt clip industrt alive 🤣 I'm ******* dead bro

i've always wanted one of these lol

just to throw my dirt bike in
its not a great picture…but the vehicle is a subaru baja…

its a four door, 5 speed, 4 cylinder…great on gas and super convenient/zippy…but unless your dirtbike is a 50cc, i cant imagine anything else fitting in the bed…actually my mountain bike is an XL and it fits with the front wheel hanging out and over the bed

I think the smallest truck a dirt bike fits in is the maverick.

I just ride to the track in a race suit like a power ranger. F it. :lol: I need a trailer.

My M4 has the auto rev match feature. At first I didn’t trust it, so never used it. Also didn’t feel the need to, bc I know how to rev match. Started using it the other day and it is useful when coming to a stop, since you don’t need to heel toe and can just chill.
You’d heel toe for racing during tight turns, on the street to rev match you just need to brake, clutch in and blip the throttle then downshift.

You’d heel toe for racing during tight turns, on the street to rev match you just need to brake, clutch in and blip the throttle then downshift.

thats still heel toeing? right foot brake, left foot clutch in, right heel blip, left foot let out clutch.

with the auto rev match, you just right foot brake, left foot clutch in, downshift, and let the clutch out.

Well the time I never thought would come is here( damn I’m old lol), my son turns 16 in Jan so the search for his first car has begun. Any suggestions?

thats still heel toeing? right foot brake, left foot clutch in, right heel blip, left foot let out clutch.

with the auto rev match, you just right foot brake, left foot clutch in, downshift, and let the clutch out.

The pedals in my Mustang are spaced too far apart (gas is too far forward vs the brake which is a tad bit closer. Heel toe can be done but it's not that easy. So I just do: clutch in, blip throttle, downshift, while tapping brake with my right foot. I can do it pretty darn fast and it works like a charm. The throttle in the Evora GT? It's a bit different since it's stock, where my GT is tuned and the throttle is really touchy and quick to rev. We'll try this mod this weekend to see how it works. 👍

Well the time I never thought would come is here( damn I’m old lol), my son turns 16 in Jan so the search for his first car has begun. Any suggestions?
What kind of car are you thinking of? I'm guessing a compact? Hear me out but one of the best cars for kids that got their license when I was selling, was usually 2 choices. 1 would be a used 4-cylinder, non-EcoBoost Fusion SE. Great car, great mileage, very safe and the 2.5 is a great motor. Had plenty of these for demos and they are wonderful cheap cars.

2nd one is a little different. Ford Focus but not that god awful dual clutch. A Focus sedan in a regular manual is a wonderful car for a first driver. Mileage even better, safe as the Fusion and even cheaper. Especially if you find one in a manual as most people don't either know how to drive or just don't want them. Would be good to teach him manual when he's learning to drive. It's not overwhelming if he takes his time and learns on a car with a light clutch and in a lot to get used to the catch point of the clutch.

Just a few thoughts. The typical Corolla, Civic will be stupid expensive due to demand so these two are solid ones to at least search for to see what the prices range from. Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out with questions. 👍

get a truck w a manual transmission…

itll be fun to drive, slow, you can use it around the house and he’ll probably get into some sport where he uses it (mountainbiking/etc)…and if its a manual none of his friends will be able to drive/borrow it

Back
Top Bottom