\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thanks for the pics, it’s a huge change for me going from a satin black MX to a red car lol.

White is def the most popular but also IMO a great option. It’s multi coat paint and free, which I think is a lot of bang for your buck.

Pic from yesterday.

4F2E83F2-8E61-44E1-A40A-8D56A6B2AF25.jpeg

White with black accents is forever undefeated.

So how y’all manage to keep those white seats clean?
Baby wipes if any dirt gets on them

I have some extremely slight discoloration and stretch marks on my driver seat 8 months in. I havent tried, but apparently this comes out with effort as well. If you wear blue jeans every day you will see quicker discoloration

Oh yeahhh now it's coming back to me. Dope that Delaware does that. I've read in Indiana, once your car turns 25 you're legally allowed to put on the period correct plates on it. So whenever the car was made- that era's plates that were in circulation from their DMV can be put back on. I wish NY state did things like this & no front plate like FL or PA but I swear man, NY state is so *** backwards with everything.

Pa does that with period correct plates. My wife has a 1969 Camaro and she went onto Ebay and found a pristine 1969 tagged (registration sticker) dealer plate and the state allows that to be used as it's tag. Really cool idea.

For anyone who do a bit of spirit driving and wanna record while driving, what go pro or camera ya recommend? I wanna capture all the random fun I have on the road against random cars etc lol

1670F243-FD5D-48DE-B884-CC605AB47341.jpeg

Ferrari officially confirms the Purosangue, though leaks been out for a while. Anyone else think it looks too low for an SUV? Looks more like a hatch, shooting brake type. Probably not production anywhos.

1670F243-FD5D-48DE-B884-CC605AB47341.jpeg

Ferrari officially confirms the Purosangue, though leaks been out for a while. Anyone else think it looks too low for an SUV? Looks more like a hatch, shooting brake type. Probably not production anywhos.
I actually thought that was a sedan or 4 door coupe at 1st glance ( think it's just the angle tho )

Pa does that with period correct plates. My wife has a 1969 Camaro and she went onto Ebay and found a pristine 1969 tagged (registration sticker) dealer plate and the state allows that to be used as it's tag. Really cool idea.
I didn't know PA was another state that did that. Such a dope idea.
Black accents on any car>chrome. Chrome lining around the windows and stuff looks soooo bad on most cars.
The auto industry should've done away with chrome after the 70's. Chrome has always been wack to me & it looks like *** on all modern cars. 40s-70s it worked with the cars lines & era they were produced in. I have deleted literally everything chrome on my car. The D O D G E badge on the trunk/all emblems/center wheel caps/lug nuts all gone. Even the FUEL letters on the fuel cap are blacked out. The tiny tiny amount of chrome that I left are the hood pins on the hood & pins and hinges that lock the louvers.

The auto industry should've done away with chrome after the 70's. Chrome has always been wack to me & it looks like *** on all modern cars. 40s-70s it worked with the cars lines & era they were produced in. I have deleted literally everything chrome on my car. The D O D G E badge on the trunk/all emblems/center wheel caps/lug nuts all gone. Even the FUEL letters on the fuel cap are blacked out. The tiny tiny amount of chrome that I left are the hood pins on the hood & pins and hinges that lock the louvers.

Yeah on certain old cars it looks fine, but you're right on modern cars it really looks bad. Also real chrome is pretty expensive to repair/replace.

On a lot of the 90s BMWs and stuff the non-sport package cars came with chrome (or chrome look) trim, and the sport package cars had it blacked out. Really changes the look of the car.

I think the industry knows people prefer blacked out trimming, but if it were standard how else would they make money with black out trim packages. :lol:

Seems like every brand has a black out option, and usually offered on their sportier trims but it should be standard across all trim levels.

Also, I know there may be a reasoning to this besides just being an money saving option but hubcaps need to go. Seen this camping Youtuber I watch, Steve Wallis for anyone whos familiar (great channel :lol:) and he just picked up a new Rav 4 and thangs have hubcaps. Why we still doing hubcaps in 2022.

Yeah on certain old cars it looks fine, but you're right on modern cars it really looks bad. Also real chrome is pretty expensive to repair/replace.

On a lot of the 90s BMWs and stuff the non-sport package cars came with chrome (or chrome look) trim, and the sport package cars had it blacked out. Really changes the look of the car.
Shadowline :smokin

Yeah man there's just no need for chrome on modern cars imo. You're right, it's really expensive. I've seen this on that show Counting Cars & every time Danny Koker(shop owner) has to replace or restore chrome on clients builds he complains that it's going to cost em a small fortune. Sport package cars would look sleeker just because they're chrome deleted. And yup, it really does change the look of the car. Crazy what small cosmetic mods can do aesthetically to a car.
I think the industry knows people prefer blacked out trimming, but if it were standard how else would they make money with black out trim packages. :lol:

Seems like every brand has a black out option, and usually offered on their sportier trims but it should be standard across all trim levels.

Also, I know there may be a reasoning to this besides just being an money saving option but hubcaps need to go. Seen this camping Youtuber I watch, Steve Wallis for anyone whos familiar (great channel :lol:) and he just picked up a new Rav 4 and thangs have hubcaps. Why we still doing hubcaps in 2022.
You know, I never though about it like that 🤔. As an option, they make $ off of it you're right. Yeah, the higher trims most always have the black out option. I guess lower trims & base models especially you're on your own to fix that **** up, lol.

Oh man, the good ole hubcaps. It's been a minute since I've seen em on a car. But I have noticed randomly that lower trim Toyota vehicles still come with hubcaps. Some cars still have the hand crank windows 🤣🤣. What trim was the Rav4?

Back
Top Bottom