\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Getting the windows on my bmw e46 tinted this weekend and planning on going w 50% all around. Have seen a lot of posts online saying 50% is barely noticeable and should go w 35% but live in CA and the max legal tint for front door windows is 70%. Even 50% would technically be illegal but those w 50% say they have never been pulled over for it.

What % do you guys have on your windows?

Getting the windows on my bmw e46 tinted this weekend and planning on going w 50% all around. Have seen a lot of posts online saying 50% is barely noticeable and should go w 35% but live in CA and the max legal tint for front door windows is 70%. Even 50% would technically be illegal but those w 50% say they have never been pulled over for it.

I have 5 % all around on the Challenger minus the front windshield. Go dark or go home :lol:

Can't go wrong with either color. Hope you're able to secure your allocation

Thanks buddy, but an allocation would be for the all-new Emira. I want the Evora GT that is done being built. Would have to find a used one when I'm ready which is fine. But also, an Emira in a few years, after the bugs have been worked out, in a bespoke color way would be awesome. Got time to figure it out.

I follow Chris Ashton on Instagram and talked to him a few times. He is the creator of Ruffian Cars and this build is just INCREDIBLE!! I can only dream to build a GT40 replica as good as that. The details are ridiculous! As someone who's favorite car ever is the GT40, this would be the ultimate dream.

The kits that are available are pretty darn good. And frankly, if someone says anything about it being a "kit" or a replica, to hell with them, considering how much original GT40s are worth (multi millions) and even the Ford GT from 2005-2006 are now $400,000 cars. Replicas are at the low $90K for basic stuff added up to $250K for high end builds. Some guy on YouTube from Australia bought a Absolute Pace GT40 kit and is documenting his build on his channel. It's actually not as hard as it once was.

All the replicas now have all the holes pre-drilled for uniformity and ease of assembly. But the best news, with the passing of the new law, these replica companies can now sell turn key cars WITH powetrains in them without having to worry about safety laws. The old way was a roller done and purchased then the powertrain added after the fact to skirt it. But now as long as the replica is of a car 25 years old or more, everything is good to go.

Would love to see someone like RCR (Race Car Replicas) have rollers ready to go. You just pick your motor/transaxle and they install it and poof, your car is ready for delivery. THAT would be the coolest car for me. A Gulf livery GT40 replica. That would overtake my want for an Evora GT! Heck, I'm wearing a GT40 shirt as I type this, lol.
He seems like a chill dude with immense fabrication skills. I knew you'd like it. While watching the video I thought of you & said he probably has already seen the video by now, given it's about your fave car. And yes, the details are out of this world.

Yeah, who cares if it's a "replica", at this point it's more than just that. It's a rolling work of art in my opinion. The OG's are out of reach for most as are the 05-06 release so this is an excellent route to go. I support car gear merch 👍wearing a Challenger hoodie myself. Have you considered getting a replica GT40? What will it cost, more or way more than what you'll be spending on the Evora?

I just got 15% done and ngl I have a hard time seeing out of anything but the windshield at night. :lol: I’m old and washed tho
:lol: Yeah i'm thinking i might stick with 35, I don't have the best vision in the dark. Used to be hesitant about driving at night until I finally got glasses.

My lease is up on my Q50 and I have the option to buy out or just lease a different car for basically double market value. Buyout option on my car is about $25k and I'm at 35k mileage. Barely drive anymore as I'm currently remote working.

Should I buy out my car or get taxed on the new car market? I'm in NYC and prices are more horrendous than usual due to the supply issues. And I can't extend my lease any further

Why would you want to get robbed for no reason? Just buy it unless you really don’t like it for some reason.

50% is a waste of money. Bare minimum should be 35%. I have 20% all around on one of my cars. This rookie cop trying to meet his quota gave me a ticket back in 2019.

He seems like a chill dude with immense fabrication skills. I knew you'd like it. While watching the video I thought of you & said he probably has already seen the video by now, given it's about your fave car. And yes, the details are out of this world.

Yeah, who cares if it's a "replica", at this point it's more than just that. It's a rolling work of art in my opinion. The OG's are out of reach for most as are the 05-06 release so this is an excellent route to go. I support car gear merch 👍wearing a Challenger hoodie myself. Have you considered getting a replica GT40? What will it cost, more or way more than what you'll be spending on the Evora?

Good question bud. Here is the link for Race Car Replicas GT40 page that shows the 3 different kits, what they come with and what they cost.

These cars are VERY well done. They used a bunch of them in FvF, and also, that blue GT40 on the train at the beginning of Fast Give was also a RCR. The owner Fran Hall is an amazing guy who offers these. The pricing is actually decent. The standard kit, starts at $27k (but doesn't give a whole lot), the deluxe is $38,200, and the Deluxe Plus is just over $46K, so not too bad.

But one must realize that you still need a motor (can use a 289/302 and can also use a Gen 2 Coyote, or the 5.2 Almumiator among others), wiring harness for the engine, a transaxle, tires, paint and ancillaries. But the big thing is this is as a kit. So one needs to have a garage large enough to build it and spread out the parts. I believe, if one wanted to build themselves, it could be done maybe for close to $100K. But that is not going crazy with extras or adding self fabbed stuff. Some builds on SPF GT40s can reach $200K quick. Another company is CAV. Their kit is also great.

Is this cheaper than an Evora GT? It's about the same honestly, if one was built and finished. Now with congress passing the law to allow fully turn-key replicas that are 25 years old or more with modern emission stuff, maybe these places will offer the option to have them built and bought from the company directly (some like Superformance build a roller, ship to the customer and the customer has a shop install the drivetrain to skirt the old laws. If a fully dressed GT40 is a possibility, with MSO already done, to get a title, then financing one may be an option. Would be a dream to have one of these! Like, I don't need ANY more cars, I got a GT40 and I'm good! 👍 Maybe one day.

:pimp::pimp:

Attachments

• B6AC198E-7C2D-4B6F-905B-071AA0ED5F86.png
    B6AC198E-7C2D-4B6F-905B-071AA0ED5F86.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 268
My lease is up on my Q50 and I have the option to buy out or just lease a different car for basically double market value.
Sell it or trade it for whatever car you want. I'm assuming you got it before the pandemic, so you should definitely have some positive equity built up.

I'd also quit communicating with the dealership you got it from. They're going to try to play you.

Anybody bought a 22 Tacoma or Tundra?

Had a dealer tell me today that its 15k market adjustment if I wanted the one Tundra they had... and 4 months on new orders minimum.

Seems WILD to me to the point im going to put them on blast on socials I think. More than a Raptor for vinyl seats and hard japanese plastic everywhere? Naw.
man those new tundras are kinda underwhelming for that price point TBH

the deal breaker for me was when i looked in the back seat and when you put the seats up theres is a "hump" in the middle of the floor. all the new model trucks i've seen have a flat back seat floor which is super handy if u wanna carry large boxes or decide to camp and sleep in the backseat floor.

little things like that made me stray from the tundra.

Sell it or trade it for whatever car you want. I'm assuming you got it before the pandemic, so you should definitely have some positive equity built up.

I'd also quit communicating with the dealership you got it from. They're going to try to play you.

In order to purchase the lease out, Infiniti requires I go to a dealership to sign the paperwork in person. Should I just go to a random dealership?

In order to purchase the lease out, Infiniti requires I go to a dealership to sign the paperwork in person. Should I just go to a random dealership?
Sheesh, just saw that along with this, that they no longer allow sales to 3rd party dealers.

That is wild. It's usually just a call to the financial arm off whatever car manufacturer you're leasing from. Seems like you can go to any Infiniti dealership, so at least you're not limited there.

Alot of car companies are starting to do this. Were much closer to the auto makers selling direct to consumer than ppl realize. Why would the execs for these companies sit back and allow dealers to "market adjust" 10k at a time... could be goin right to their coffers

Dummies are suiciding themselves. Unless maybe they saw the writing on the wall and just tryna fatten up as much as possible before the music stops. I know Fords incoming EV division is direct to consumer. The biggest hurdle is the laws around it which I anticipate them lobbying to change as well

Back
Top Bottom