\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Screenshot_20200923-193641_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200923-193727_Facebook.jpg

Dude is asking 3700 but I wanna know exactly what kinda trouble the top is having. He said he thinks this roof motor is going bad. 117k miles. It's an hour away so I can't just pull up and take a look easily.

Don't do it...

Screenshot_20200923-193641_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200923-193727_Facebook.jpg

Dude is asking 3700 but I wanna know exactly what kinda trouble the top is having. He said he thinks this roof motor is going bad. 117k miles. It's an hour away so I can't just pull up and take a look easily.

Ask him for a video. If it's going up slow its probably the motor but if its binding and and shaking its probably needs to get realigned. If I had 3k I'll look for the lowest mileage newest honda/Toyota I could find

Hooker pro chambers, flowmaster cai, new transmission, new steering,

Just added 2 solobaric 12 kickers, 3000 watt amp, alpine 400 watt 4 channel amp to 4 brand new infinity mids, Kenwood head unit. New headlight housings and hid kit

26 inch Forgiato twisted maglia, 2 inch drop coming this week

Suede headliner this week, powder coat calipers and wheel hub next week.

Tune coming soon as well
20200918_184035.jpg

Last edited:
Hooker pro chambers, flowmaster cai, new ******, new steering,

Just added 2 solobaric 12 kickers, 3000 watt amp, alpine 400 watt 4 channel amp to 4 brand new infinity mids, Kenwood head unit. New headlight housings and hid kit

Tune coming soon as well
20200918_184035.jpg
no quema cuhhh

Ask him for a video. If it's going up slow its probably the motor but if its binding and and shaking its probably needs to get realigned. If I had 3k I'll look for the lowest mileage newest honda/Toyota I could find

Yeah that's what I've been hearing. Budget is 4k.

Hooker pro chambers, flowmaster cai, new ******, new steering,

Tune coming soon as well
20200918_184035.jpg
Nice wheels on that bro,got some meat on the tires too :pimp:

Been seeing folks swap the new and last gen escalade wheels on those silverados too ,they look just as clean.

Somehow I doubt the car drives well and/or is well maintained. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
I like the fact that he was upfront about the issues and even zoomed in on the bumper damage. Aside from that it appears to be in excellent physical condition.
This might sound weird but I like the fact that under the hood looks clean and well taken care of. Lots of vehicles look mad dusty under the hood.
Screenshot_20200924-023330_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023326_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023322_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023315_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023311_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023307_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023304_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023300_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-023256_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-022019_Facebook.jpg
I look at other things like the area the vehicle is in and the seller's profile to get a feel for them. Dude was in the army so I consider that somewhat a good sign. I'm going to call a highly rated Volvo shop near me and ask a few questions.

This is the next option. It sounds like he took good care of it. Lotta miles but I like the interior and exterior, and from what I hear, honda/acura last a while when maintenanced properly.

myscreen_1600948308800.jpg
myscreen_1600948518268.jpg

My 2005 Accord was at 350k Miles and running strong. got into a accident and wasnt worth the repair tho.

Got a 2015 now as a commuter. Hope to put the same mileage,

I like the fact that he was upfront about the issues and even zoomed in on the bumper damage. Aside from that it appears to be in excellent physical condition.
This might sound weird but I like the fact that under the hood looks clean and well taken care of. Lots of vehicles look mad dusty under the hood.
I look at other things like the area the vehicle is in and the seller's profile to get a feel for them. Dude was in the army so I consider that somewhat a good sign. I'm going to call a highly rated Volvo shop near me and ask a few questions.
That is a nasty "rip" in the bumper, I would pass on that one. Having a convertible is cool until **KNOCK ON WOOD** you need to replace the motor.
This is the next option. It sounds like he took good care of it. Lotta miles but I like the interior and exterior, and from what I hear, honda/acura last a while when maintenanced properly.

myscreen_1600948308800.jpg
myscreen_1600948518268.jpg
Acura TL is a very solid car, Honda was still making very high quality cars around that time frame. However I think you can find a better one without the clearcoat damage on the hood. I have the same problem on my Lexus, but she will get painted from top to bottom and didn't care. Also I know it's a Honda but that seems like a lot of miles. Here are some other comps.

What site are you using to find potential cars?

My 2005 Accord was at 350k Miles and running strong. got into a accident and wasnt worth the repair tho.

Got a 2015 now as a commuter. Hope to put the same mileage,
They just don't build them like they use to, daughters future cars already set. A 2000 something Acura, swap in a K series motor and they will be just fine.

That is a nasty "rip" in the bumper, I would pass on that one. Having a convertible is cool until **KNOCK ON WOOD** you need to replace the motor.

Acura TL is a very solid car, Honda was still making very high quality cars around that time frame. However I think you can find a better one without the clearcoat damage on the hood. I have the same problem on my Lexus, but she will get painted from top to bottom and didn't care. Also I know it's a Honda but that seems like a lot of miles. Here are some other comps.

What site are you using to find potential cars?
Good looking out. I'm using Facebook marketplace, autotrader and Craigslist. I'll checkout cars.com.

Must be in the minority that new m3/m4 grill is growing on me. Especially seeing pics of the coupe. I like how the grill goes all the way down the bumper

Must be in the minority that new m3/m4 grill is growing on me. Especially seeing pics of the coupe. I like how the grill goes all the way down the bumper
I actually think it looks better with the euro plate. Breaks up the kidney beans visually kind of. Still don’t like it though. :lol:

Definitely in the minority.

Yeah I thought of this too :lol:

but da gto >>>
No objection from me, would love to get one but that car market is just to expensive. I can't see spending some of those prices for a car of that age. I think maybe 30-40K for an old car then I still need to spend some money to get it exactly how I want.

Back
Top Bottom