\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

It didn't seem like it was corrosive, it seems like it is residue, so maybe with a extreme scrub it could have been removed or evened out? Idk, just guessing.

Either way, just wanted to use the example as a PSA for folks that don't know.

When I did this, I used some brake cleaner and a little elbow grease.

Wipe them down with some brake cleaner and a rag.
Already at the shop for powder coating...but I will take that advice if it ever happens again. Truth be told, I'm gonna get the rims ceramic coated and clean with soap only. Or spray cleaner on a rag from now on.

Last few pics before caliper color change at rtp customs Atlanta...
IMG_20200716_145415_098.jpg
IMG_20200716_184235_568.jpg

I never found a good wheel cleaner anyway. I’d spray the wheels, Use a brush, let them soak and rinse them off only to find myself having to scrub them by hand anyway. Which I always used regular car soap I’d just use whatever soap I had leftover after washing the car. Works better than any wheel cleaner I ever tried

I agreed to help a coworker install some replacement tail lights on a 2014 camaro thinking it’ll be a 10-15 minute job. You have to remove the whole bumper to get to the tail light bolts wtf Chevy. Oh well at least I helped him save $200 a shop was charging.

Remember Ruf from gran turismo, only reason I even know it existed. Thought it was a fake brand and they didn’t have the license for Porsche or something :lol:

when I was young I thought the same thing 😂, like wtf this fake *** Porsche they trying to use in this game 🤦🏾‍♂️

when I was young I thought the same thing 😂, like wtf this fake *** Porsche they trying to use in this game 🤦🏾‍♂️
I didn’t know about ruf until a few years ago. A friend of mine was playing gran turismo and explained to me that they couldn’t use the real Porsche so they had to use ruf :rofl:
I looked it up and found out it was real. His face when I showed him like if his life had been a lie :lol:

Wife brought me 2 new tires
With the stickers still on em
Threw them on the back
the mobile tire service was clutch
rim wasn’t damaged
the tire was like wrapped around it
So it protected it

Now prepared to scrape everywhere
5028392E-45C0-43BA-95F8-86D96422000C.jpeg
god damn this so fire mane
that cuved glass in the back is beautiful man
Wife brought me 2 new tires
With the stickers still on em
Threw them on the back
the mobile tire service was clutch
rim wasn’t damaged
the tire was like wrapped around it
So it protected it
glad u safe fam
why u running all seasons?

god damn this so fire mane
that cuved glass in the back is beautiful man

glad u safe fam
why u running all seasons?
Yeah all seasons
I’m glad I bought those tires a couple months back when I did
Woulda had to get towed home
Then tow to the tire shop in the morning
They did everything there
Maaaaaan real talk
If I woulda been speeding or doing something crazy
I woulda crashed
Cause I was already going under the speed limit
And it jerked hard to the next lane

I never found a good wheel cleaner anyway. I’d spray the wheels, Use a brush, let them soak and rinse them off only to find myself having to scrub them by hand anyway. Which I always used regular car soap I’d just use whatever soap I had leftover after washing the car. Works better than any wheel cleaner I ever tried
Simple Green

Your forgetting one of the goats?
15493721-1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-srcset-retina-xl.jpg

Beautiful!! Just beautiful!! Acapulco Blue with Kelsey-Hayes 10-spokes!! The best wheels & my absolute favorite on a Mustang (it's why I added them to my 2006 when Shelby had a wheel company back the day)!!
My Mustang (1).JPG

Carroll Shelby is by far on the top of the GOAT list for automotive icons!! And just think, Chevy had a chance at having their engines in the Cobra, but they didn't want the car to compete against the Corvette!

I just love what he did for the GT40 program! He basically saved the car as it was basically undrivable at speed & not durable for endurance racing in its first iteration, until he got his hands on it.

Been obsessing over 996 Turbos recently.

They really are stupid inexpensive all things considered. Especially since the motor is stout and not part of the IMS failures of engines in regular 911s. It would be tempting if Porsche wasn't so pricey on maintenance.

Used the macguiars wheel cleaner that was supposed to be "safe" for my type of wheel and this is what it did to the calipers...
IMG_20200715_232828_496.jpg

It was headed to the powder coat shop anyway, so I wasn't too bent out of shape. But, I'll never use a wheel cleaner again.

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that! I stopped using wheel cleaner over 13 years ago. Used Eagle One on my stock 18" fan blade wheels on my 2006 GT and it basically took the glossy finish off of them and made them dull. Never used anything other than soap and water on my Shelby wheels that I got to replace them. I hate wheel cleaners.

I didn’t know about ruf until a few years ago. A friend of mine was playing gran turismo and explained to me that they couldn’t use the real Porsche so they had to use ruf :rofl:
I looked it up and found out it was real. His face when I showed him like if his life had been a lie :lol:

Great story. The original Yellowbird is a legend and way ahead of its time in terms of performance! Such an amazing car and company!!

Check out jasdhillon67 on Instagram. A true car guy and one who got an 80's Ruf, sent it back to the Ruf factory for a restoration and now drives it. Such a beautiful car and a cool cool dude! He was on Leno's Youtube channel with his Jaguar XJR-15!

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that! I stopped using wheel cleaner over 13 years ago. Used Eagle One on my stock 18" fan blade wheels on my 2006 GT and it basically took the glossy finish off of them and made them dull. Never used anything other than soap and water on my Shelby wheels that I got to replace them. I hate wheel cleaners.
Def just using car wash from now on.

721DE410-DE2E-40AD-9C21-D7F6DB9A10F7.jpeg
11393FC1-2D6C-4D89-9C0D-3CE768B42B19.jpeg

what the actual **** smh
Just got off work too 🤦🏾‍♂️
So I have the wife bringing me new tires from the house
which is like over an hour away so this mobile tire service can mount and balance em
707740E8-032C-42B5-A36D-2906C089682D.jpeg
Damn glad you’re ok fam. Was that the front or rear? I’ve never seen a tire do that unless the **** was 10 years old. You’re past the wear bars but still...

Back
Top Bottom