\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

bruh some dealership dudes arent car guys its funny
when i was scatpack shopping
the guy was showing me the widebody and was like yeah it has 305s all around
so you cant do a tire rotation on it
im like wtf :lol:

As someone who is a born car guy (father was and still is a mechanic, who at 83 can rebuild a Model T in his shop and still works on old cars for people in his AACA car club) I can totally say with 99% certain that most salespeople at dealers could care less about cars. It's a job to them. Now, I'm the car guy at my store. Everyone knows me as the "Mustang Guy". I love cars and even though the business itself sucks, I still do it for the cars. But most salespeople are clueless on specs about cars.

Last edited:
It just a matter of preference. I understand the present it has and the respect it gets ( rightfully so) but it just doesn't interest me, voters are the same way.

For me personally I am not a fan of the motor , a 5.4L SC should make more than 550hp, it is a pretty low revving motor , the interior is doesn't match price tag.

But I do appreciate that it is an analog car. I was luck enough to drive it on track the same day I drove a viper. Both command respect and have a place in automotive history but if I were to spend the 150k then or 350k it is now worth it wouldn't be on a Ford GT. I completely understand why somebody would tho

Very cool explanation bud. I'm glad you got to drive on on a track. It really does explain how well it was engineered, considering it was done in less than 18 months from drawing and model to production car. Values are very subjective. The ones for $350K, are ultra low mile cars (non-heritage color). I wouldn't want that one. You can't really drive it. You can get one with a few thousand miles (2,500-5000) in the mid $200K range. This one you can drive and not worry a lick about lost value.

The inside was all done to be retro. Everything. There was some parts bin raiding too, lol. The radio, the McIntosh is actually a rather high end unit. But I never had it on in the cars I drove. You gotta remember, the power it made was also a product of the time. The 360 Ferrari had 400 and the F430 had 500. The Carrera GT was 605. 550 was right for the time. And honestly it is underrated. I've seen Dyno runs (take them for what they are worth) showing 565 ish to the rear tires. That puts it well over 600 at the flywheel.

Out of curiosity, what car is your #1 dream car? Realistically speaking (and I mean if I can have anything, sure a McLaren F1, but a realistic car, is the GT for me). Would love to hear what your realistic dream car is and what others on here would choose? Would be a cool side topic! 👍👍

The mustang has never had a good manual transmission imo. The only exceptions were the terminator and s197 gt500s.

Viper> Real drivers car.

Id take any high trim level gm (zl1 z06 cts-v gxp) over any same generation german competitor (minus porsche)
I could not disagree with you any stronger lol, aside from my personal experience with the GM vehicles I have owned that has let me down in both reliability and fit and finish I just don't see ANY GM vehicle being better. If your definition of better is all out bang for buck ....ok I can see that but I don't buy cars off of a bang for buck factor.

I would take a RS5 or C63s over a ZL1
I would take a amg GT-S or R8 over a Z06
I would take a M5 or E63s or RS7 over a CTS- V

All of them are much more comfortable than the GM competitor and fit and finish is miles better. Performance wise yes the GM is faster on paper ( which GM is the best in the business at bang for buck) but given all things equal on the street or track I'd be willing to bet the faster car would not pull me. Ppl love to quote magazine times and hp numbers but at the end of the day none of use are professional drivers , I go with the car that is the most enjoyable to drive not necessarily the fastest/quickest

Very cool explanation bud. I'm glad you got to drive on on a track. It really does explain how well it was engineered, considering it was done in less than 18 months from drawing and model to production car. Values are very subjective. The ones for $350K, are ultra low mile cars (non-heritage color). I wouldn't want that one. You can't really drive it. You can get one with a few thousand miles (2,500-5000) in the mid $200K range. This one you can drive and not worry a lick about lost value.

The inside was all done to be retro. Everything. There was some parts bin raiding too, lol. The radio, the McIntosh is actually a rather high end unit. But I never had it on in the cars I drove. You gotta remember, the power it made was also a product of the time. The 360 Ferrari had 400 and the F430 had 500. The Carrera GT was 605. 550 was right for the time. And honestly it is underrated. I've seen Dyno runs (take them for what they are worth) showing 565 ish to the rear tires. That puts it well over 600 at the flywheel.

Out of curiosity, what car is your #1 dream car? Realistically speaking (and I mean if I can have anything, sure a McLaren F1, but a realistic car, is the GT for me). Would love to hear what your realistic dream car is and what others on here would choose? Would be a cool side topic! 👍👍
As far as the FGT hp goes I look at it like this, you are spot on with all your other cars but the difference is all of those are NA cars and small displacement at that. If a 430 is making 483 with a 4.3 NA V8 I would expect much more than 550 from a Supercharged 5.4

Now on to this side topic.......let's eet a cap on the price instead of just saying realistic. I have a car in mind but my realistic and your realistic might not be the same lol

yall would pay
The interior is what it was at the time. Remember it was developed in the early 2000s and the entire program came together from drawing to completion of the 1st 3 cars in about 18 months. That is unheard of and basically impossible today. They had to use parts from other cars. Only way to make it work for the beancounters. And also, it was the most expensive Ford of it's time. Ill take it as it's a minimalist car, in the same realm as a Lotus Elise. Very basic with no electronic "nannies" to save you like ESC. Heck it doesn't even have traction control. Only a LSD.

And the 5.4? They wanted a V10, but didn't have one that would hold up so they did the 5.4. And it's not the same one in the F-Series. The engine is so over-engineered, it is bulletproof. Why do you think the cars that are the fastest in the standing mile runs are Ford GTs? It's because the stock block can easily hold 1000 hp and go up to 1200 to 1300. Everything was overbuilt. And it's why they cost so little to fix, thought some parts are getting scarce.
yeah i know its not the same one as in the f150 and that they did it in such short amount of time, but i like how the viper has a v10 it just seems more exotic

is the ford gt an iron block?

q0SI7Q.gif

yall would pay

yeah i know its not the same one as in the f150 and that they did it in such short amount of time, but i like how the viper has a v10 it just seems more exotic

is the ford gt an iron block?
Nah man the 8.4L in the viper is anything but exotic. It is a blue collar work horse for sure. If you need the largest production motor to make 640hp you ain't exotic pimpin.

But back to 05fordgt 05fordgt question, would your realistic dream car be a redeye?

Nah man the 8.4L in the viper is anything but exotic. It is a blue collar work horse for sure. If you need the largest production motor to make 640hp you ain't exotic pimpin.

But back to 05fordgt 05fordgt question, would your realistic dream car be a redeye?

Morning buddy. My realistic dream car right now would probably be the new Lotus Evora GT. I'm not a Mopar guy at all. Nice cars, just not for me. It's so funny when it comes to realistic dream car and how some things work out. When the car came out in 2015, I was REALLY into the F-Type, I kid you not. 550 hp 5.0 supercharged, with an insane exhaust and an absolute beautiful design! I read about it and such. But seeing the price back then, nope, that won't happen. And now my wife owns one and not the R but the even more rare version. So I kinda got lucky with her getting that car, lol.

But if it's a new car/newer car it's the Evora GT or 400. The 400 is already hitting depreciation curves that are dropping them some $30K from their MSRP of $105K or so. Heck a 2017 with 15k on it, sold for under $60K on Bringatrailer a few months ago. That was a steal for that car. 400 hp out of a basically dead reliable Toyota powertrain and just over 3000 lbs. Every review is super positive.

My ultimate goal in a few years is to own a used Lotus Elise. I have read everything on this car over the last several years. I want one SO BAD!!!

Last edited:
Coil overs still make all those popping and cracking sounds they used to make back in the days? Or are there some available that are quiet?

Any noise I've had has been due to the top mounts. The bearing in some pillowball top mounts will make clunking or popping sounds going over bumps. That said, the last set of coilovers I had on a car (KW V3) were dead quiet.

Yeah I prefer the heat as well. I dgaf about heat, my jobs have always involved being hot and I’m so used to it.

yeah I’m in St. Paul so next door, it’s more chill now for sure than a couple weeks ago. I was out there in a bunch of protests and was out where all the drama was, I’ve never seen anything like it. When it was going down it was straight up no laws. No cops anywhere do what you want. Yeah mn is cool for the most part, I just don’t like cold.

that neighbor was literally crazy, he would stay screaming at himself and the sky but then you talk to him and he’d snap right out of it. :lol: whatever just let me use your spot bro...

yeah those garages here gouge too. Not 500 though, I wish I owned a parking ramp. Those fools are loaded and have to pay like 10 people...
Yeah you're immune to the heat now. I'd rather have it very hot than very cold. I wasn't made for cold weather. If I were rich I'd leave NYC during the winter months & migrate to Florida or anywhere warm really and pop back up in April.

Glad things have calmed down out there. Sad state of affairs we're in as a nation. Becareful in the protests man, never know when a riot may break out & make sure you're wearing a mask because it's super easy for Covid to spread in large gatherings like that. I can imagine what it was like, probably felt like you're in a movie. It was bad out here too Manhattan & BX but I stayed locked up in the safety of my apt.

Lol as long as you get that spot he can shout & vent all he wants. Yeah I hear ya, the rich get richer. Although they do have some deals in these Manhattan garages but still wayy more than Queens. Parking ramp as in like a stretch of multiple spots inside a lot?

I could not disagree with you any stronger lol, aside from my personal experience with the GM vehicles I have owned that has let me down in both reliability and fit and finish I just don't see ANY GM vehicle being better. If your definition of better is all out bang for buck ....ok I can see that but I don't buy cars off of a bang for buck factor.

All of them are much more comfortable than the GM competitor and fit and finish is miles better. Performance wise yes the GM is faster on paper ( which GM is the best in the business at bang for buck) but given all things equal on the street or track I'd be willing to bet the faster car would not pull me. Ppl love to quote magazine times and hp numbers but at the end of the day none of use are professional drivers , I go with the car that is the most enjoyable to drive not necessarily the fastest/quickest
GM interiors are trash, my wife has been driving GMCs for like 6 years now (she loves them for some reason). They are creaky, unrefined, unappealing, and just cheap looking/feeling for the most part.

Couldnt agree with you more about bang for your buck, i dont do that either. For me its the complete package: the driving experience, the interior quality and comfort, the looks, the buying experience, the service experience, etc. My buddy has a gen 1 r8 and people are always saying to him "Why didnt you just get the C8?!?!", he gets so ******* annoyed. :lol:

Yeah you're immune to the heat now. I'd rather have it very hot than very cold. I wasn't made for cold weather. If I were rich I'd leave NYC during the winter months & migrate to Florida or anywhere warm really and pop back up in April.

Glad things have calmed down out there. Sad state of affairs we're in as a nation. Becareful in the protests man, never know when a riot may break out & make sure you're wearing a mask because it's super easy for Covid to spread in large gatherings like that. I can imagine what it was like, probably felt like you're in a movie. It was bad out here too Manhattan & BX but I stayed locked up in the safety of my apt.

Lol as long as you get that spot he can shout & vent all he wants. Yeah I hear ya, the rich get richer. Although they do have some deals in these Manhattan garages but still wayy more than Queens. Parking ramp as in like a stretch of multiple spots inside a lot?

working in a food truck then a paving crew will make you hate the cold lol.

I wanna get a house in Vegas I think once mine is paid off. Then I can hustle out there in the winter paving and do the same in mn in the summer and get two pensions. :pimp:

yeah it’s sad but these protests need to happen imo. I rocked a mask and the ones I was at were chill but then right after I left that truck drove through them... yeah it was crazy here for sure but the government killing its own citizens will get those results...

I used to valet park at Westin hotel downtown mpls and it had a bunch of expensive stores. The family who owned the parking ramp owned it for 100 years and will never give it up. It’s super easy money and they owned half the ramps downtown. They are killing it.

my bad, i misspoke i meant i like the v10 better in the viper and when i said more exotic i meant in the terms of the engine sound and the kind of outlandish curvy design.

yeah that motor stock is a damn workhorse :lol:
but with some boost people be making 1500hp, crazy.

dream car?
eh i dont like to think of cars as dreams cuz thats a fantasy.

and i am not sure if i want a redeye, i like the demon more, i would pay the price tag when the time is right inshallah.

If i had the choice between a demon and a gt3
im taking the demon all day
1592495838716.png

I go with the car that can smoke the tires

Back
Top Bottom