\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

man i scraped my scatpack so much, when i first copped it i was going over speedbumps and i was going wayyy to fast and heard a lound thud and my girl looked at me like :stoneface:
air spider 777 air spider 777 are u at 900whp?
hows the driveablility? is it on e85?

Hey bud, may I ask why you don't care for it? I'm just curious. Being a Ford salesperson since 1997, I've been around the GT since it's inception. My little dealt got one of the 1st 200 built in 2005. I have several good friends/clients who own these and one good friend/customer has 3. A blue/white stripe, white/blue stripe and a yellow no stripe car.

Also had a good family friend who would always call me to come get his GT to bring it up for service and inspection. So I'd drive down, leave my car, take the GT to my dealer and take it back when they were done in the shop. He even told me to take it home for the weekend once (I didn't). Sadly he passed a few years ago so the car is gone. Was dreaming of him leaving it to me in his will, lol! I'd love that car more than anyone who bought it I tell you that. I love the GT. Totally 100% analog car and one of the last ones like this made (along with the Carrera GT).

Forget a Ferrari, or a Lamborghini, or McLaren. I want a 2005/2006 GT as my #1 dream car. Maybe I like it so much as I'm a HUGE GT40 historian/buff and love that car and had the privilege to be around GT-103 that was driven by Ken Miles many moons ago. But I'd take the GT over any new supercar! I'd love to hear your take on it Kaz. 👍
It just a matter of preference. I understand the present it has and the respect it gets ( rightfully so) but it just doesn't interest me, voters are the same way.

For me personally I am not a fan of the motor , a 5.4L SC should make more than 550hp, it is a pretty low revving motor , the interior is doesn't match price tag.

But I do appreciate that it is an analog car. I was luck enough to drive it on track the same day I drove a viper. Both command respect and have a place in automotive history but if I were to spend the 150k then or 350k it is now worth it wouldn't be on a Ford GT. I completely understand why somebody would tho

Is the mt-82 really that bad? I saw there’s a lawsuit. Asking cause that might be my next car. Manual GT even though the auto is faster

my brother randomly asked me what’s wrong with my transmission yesterday lol. I was like wtf? And he told me about the lawsuit. I know a lot of people hate the mt-82 and for good reason. It’s clunky, notchy, and it’s locked me out of 3rd and 5th at WOT. That still wouldn’t stop me from buying another one though.

71FF4AB3-B40F-41CE-B794-5429FC856348.jpeg
aye that hellcat u showed
i inquired about it
MIGHT make the trip down there in 2 weeks if its still there
though i dont like the dude i was talking to
he was a white dude
and sounded real uppity
until he could tell i was serious
and knew what i was talking about
then he was fumbling over his words
im a go there and find someone else to talk to
cause dude was a **** boy

air spider 777 air spider 777 Yeah an eibach drop would be dope. Wheels tucked in & no fender gap. The Scats have a 5" clearance from the front lip-to-ground, HC's peobably have 3"...dropping em could mess with the bottom frontend. You ever considered airbag suspension? Costly but literally you can have any stance you want

I know I'm the in the minority about this but I feel like the C8 Stingray it's going to age about as well has the Pontiac fiero.... I'm just not a fan of it from any angle but with that said I think the C8 ZO6 has potential. I have been burned on my last two GM's so right now I am definitely a GM hater but if the rumor is true about the ZO6 having a 5.5L NA V8 making 600hp and it has a curb weight under 3600lb that could very well be my next car

I know I'm the in the minority about this but I feel like the C8 Stingray it's going to age about as well has the Pontiac fiero.... I'm just not a fan of it from any angle but with that said I think the C8 ZO6 has potential. I have been burned on my last two GM's so right now I am definitely a GM hater but if the rumor is true about the ZO6 having a 5.5L NA V8 making 600hp and it has a curb weight under 3600lb that could very well be my next car
When you say age like a fiero, you mean it will age beautifully, right?

:lol: our shop car in hs was a fiero.

i agree!

i dont like how the c8 looks without some major mods like the one posted earlier, it just doesn't do it for me.

with that being said, the performance is bonkers and for the price it really can't be beat.

my brother randomly asked me what’s wrong with my transmission yesterday lol. I was like wtf? And he told me about the lawsuit. I know a lot of people hate the mt-82 and for good reason. It’s clunky, notchy, and it’s locked me out of 3rd and 5th at WOT. That still wouldn’t stop me from buying another one though.
The mustang has never had a good manual transmission imo. The only exceptions were the terminator and s197 gt500s.
viper or c8?
Viper> Real drivers car.
Id take any high trim level gm (zl1 z06 cts-v gxp) over any same generation german competitor (minus porsche)

Championship dodge?
Also you could get your sales person up in the bay to do a dealer trade and they will charge you like a $200 fee to get a truck and delivered to the bay
but the dealership down here knows you’re interested they’re not gonna want to trade
aye that hellcat u showed
i inquired about it
MIGHT make the trip down there in 2 weeks if its still there
though i dont like the dude i was talking to
he was a white dude
and sounded real uppity
until he could tell i was serious
and knew what i was talking about
then he was fumbling over his words
im a go there and find someone else to talk to
cause dude was a **** boy

Championship dodge?
Also you could get your sales person up in the bay to do a dealer trade and they will charge you like a $200 fee to get a truck and delivered to the bay
but the dealership down here knows you’re interested they’re not gonna want to trade
cerritos dodge
could be called champion too idk
but u posted the frostbite chally
a couple weeks back

bruh some dealership dudes arent car guys its funny
when i was scatpack shopping
the guy was showing me the widebody and was like yeah it has 305s all around
so you cant do a tire rotation on it
im like wtf :lol:
Reminds me last year when my younger brother was in the market for his 370Z. We went to a dealer in Newbrunswick, NJ & the sales person didn't know anything closely related to cars or car-lingo but She was young, blonde latina with a 10 out of 10 body hence her reason of employment. Eye candy for sales...It works I'm sure. We asked her if the Altima my brother & I were looking at had been hit because the paint on the right side of the vehicle was faded with a lack luster clearcoat. We asked if their had been a re-spray on it...her response "what's that?" We asked ger about the CVT ****** & why Nissan is so notoriously bad with em in terms of reliability, her answer "What's that?". She was a sight for sore eyes though, I'll give her that :lol:

well most car buyers arent like us, they dont know anything about cars.

i know people who drop over 50k on a car and dont know what type of engine it has LOL

My boy finally had an open slot for me at his shop to put the car on the lift. Got the undercarriage nice & squeaky clean(wasn't all that dirty to begin with). I give it a good wipe underneath once a year. Cleaned the dirt & dust with water 1st than hit it with some F11 top-coat polish
20200617_113245.jpg
20200617_113348.jpg
20200617_121229.jpg
20200617_121248.jpg
20200617_121252.jpg
20200617_121235.jpg

It came standard with Bilstein dampers? Niceee...

And LOL at your dealer story with your bro...it's frustrating when people aren't knowledgeable about the product they sell. Reminds me of the dweebs that work at shoe stores

Yes, the Scats & Hellcats come standard with Bilstein dampers. You were able to tell their Bilstein just from those pics? Damn you got a keen eye bro lol. These are the standard Bilstein strut, NOT the SRT three mode adjustable unit 😢. Lol it's super frustrating. WOrd, them retail workers don't know nothing about Jordans or Nikes or foams or anything shoe related, yet selling shoes is their job lol. Like I don't expect them to know everything y'know just as long as they know the basics of it all. But even that is asking for too much lol. I remember when I was spec'ing out my Scat through the order sheet on my salesman computer- they had pics of the car as advertisement and stuff. So I'm like wow them taillights are L.E.D. that's wassup I like it, he goes "nah, they're just super bright new tech type bulbs" :frown::rofl: bro, what??? :lol: And it said it right there on his computer screen " Vehicle equipped with L.E.D. taillights" LMAO

My boy finally had an open slot for me at his shop to put the car on the lift. Got the undercarriage nice & squeaky clean(wasn't all that dirty to begin with). I give it a good wipe underneath once a year. Cleaned the dirt & dust with water 1st than hit it with some F11 top-coat polish
20200617_113245.jpg
20200617_113348.jpg
20200617_121229.jpg
20200617_121248.jpg
20200617_121252.jpg
20200617_121235.jpg
I admire how much effort you put in to keep your car clean with such low mileage.
Those cats gotta go asap tho! Thats like 10 horsepower and a couple hundred dollars waiting to be unlocked.

Yes, the Scats & Hellcats come standard with Bilstein dampers. You were able to tell their Bilstein just from those pics? Damn you got a keen eye bro lol. These are the standard Bilstein strut, NOT the SRT three mode adjustable unit 😢. Lol it's super frustrating. WOrd, them retail workers don't know nothing about Jordans or Nikes or foams or anything shoe related, yet selling shoes is their job lol. Like I don't expect them to know everything y'know just as long as they know the basics of it all. But even that is asking for too much lol. I remember when I was spec'ing out my Scat through the order sheet on my salesman computer- they had pics of the car as advertisement and stuff. So I'm like wow them taillights are L.E.D. that's wassup I like it, he goes "nah, they're just super bright new tech type bulbs" :frown::rofl: bro, what??? :lol: And it said it right there on his computer screen " Vehicle equipped with L.E.D. taillights" LMAO

Yea man lol, my friends are always surprised by my sharp vision. I just recently put coilovers on my car after spending weeks doing research on suspension. The yellow dampers stick out like a sore thumb, so i knew right away they were Bilsteins. I'm also looking to cop an older Evo, but i was looking at the 8/9 and they come equiped with them as OEM.

Installed TEIN coilovers a few weeks ago at my job using Pittsburgh tools. Only thing i had to borrow from a tech was an impact gun, an electric ratchet and some extensions. 05fordgt 05fordgt

IMG_20200509_085846.jpg

IMG_20200509_085035.jpg

Back
Top Bottom