\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yea, that's exactly how I looked at it as well. Man, it was a headache just thinking about it, I can't imagine actually getting it to fit once it was bought :lol: :smh:

Thanks for your help and patience throughout the whole process, though. I know I kept on going back and forth a few times :lol:

Appreciate that:smokin :nthat:
No problem bro, looking forward to seeing your new setup :smokin

Speaking of new setups..... I'm getting that itch to switch rides, again. Been thinking about selling the L. I don't even know why tbh, finally got the truck all sorted out with new tires, also replaced the fuel pumps and it is now running like a ******* champ. I can't seem to hang onto anything for longer then 3 or 4 months though :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Yea, that's exactly how I looked at it as well. Man, it was a headache just thinking about it, I can't imagine actually getting it to fit once it was bought :lol: :smh:

Thanks for your help and patience throughout the whole process, though. I know I kept on going back and forth a few times :lol:

Appreciate that:smokin :nthat:
No problem bro, looking forward to seeing your new setup :smokin

Speaking of new setups..... I'm getting that itch to switch rides, again. Been thinking about selling the L. I don't even know why tbh, finally got the truck all sorted out with new tires, also replaced the fuel pumps and it is now running like a ******* champ. I can't seem to hang onto anything for longer then 3 or 4 months though :lol: :smh:
:nerd:

Thanks, fam :smokin

I honestly wouldn't even be able to try to guess.

If I recall correctly, your new pickups haven't really been too consistent in the type, manufacturer, displacement, import vs domestic, etc. :lol:

I also made a huge change so I don't blame you :lol: . Been Euro since I was 17, though lol. Up until recently :nerd:
I wouldn't be able to guess either, this Lightning is vehicle number 18, in the last 12 years :lol: . Usually what happens is I sell whatever I have, and then buy whatever kind of interests me, and is also a really good deal, so what I end up with usually really just depends on what is for sale at the time. But yea, I've bounced around as far as rides, last couple were 2 Sierra's, my Lightning, a G35, and a TBSS. So I guess recently I've been trending towards sport trucks. I like a lot of different stuff though, I'm pretty open to most things. Never had a euro though, that's probably the only style of ride I haven't owned :lol:

Stuff that would interest me in my price range:

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V - Always liked these, but there usually aren't many around for sale here, and if they are, they're usually extremely high mileage, or way overpriced

2006-2009 Trailblazer SS - Always regretted selling my old one, I'd love to pickup another one. However, these have the same issue as the CTS-V

2004-2007 Subaru WRX or STi - Always liked this bodystyle, and I've never messed with a AWD car before.

1987-1993 Mustang 5.0 - Would have to be a GT, or notch. It's becoming really hard to find nice clean ones though, they're either beat to ****, or show cars that you wouldn't want to daily. I want to find a nice one that is inbetween, clean, with bolt-ons. Been wanting one for several years now, but there never seems to be any nice ones for sale when I need a ride.

2007+ Silverado or Sierra, or a 2004+ F150, with a big lift and tires - Always wanted a big, greasy, redneck truck :lol: . I think I'd quickly regret it, because I'm sure they're a pain in the *** as a daily, as far as parking, and just climbing in the damn thing everyday, but its a mistake I've always wanted to make :lol:

So yea, as you can see, I'm all over the place. We'll see what happens, I'm gonna try and hold onto the Lightning for a bit longer, it really is a great vehicle, lots of power, pretty easy to park for a full-size truck, and I get a kick out of how much of a sleeper it is to people who just think it's a plain jane F150.

Last edited:

If I recall correctly, your new pickups haven't really been too consistent in the type, manufacturer, displacement, import vs domestic, etc. :lol:

I also made a huge change so I don't blame you :lol: . Been Euro since I was 17, though lol. Up until recently :nerd:
I wouldn't be able to guess either, this Lightning is vehicle number 18, in the last 12 years :lol: . Usually what happens is I sell whatever I have, and then buy whatever kind of interests me, and is also a really good deal, so what I end up with usually really just depends on what is for sale at the time. But yea, I've bounced around as far as rides, last couple were 2 Sierra's, my Lightning, a G35, and a TBSS. So I guess recently I've been trending towards sport trucks. I like a lot of different stuff though, I'm pretty open to most things. Never had a euro though, that's probably the only style of ride I haven't owned :lol:

Stuff that would interest me in my price range:

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V - Always liked these, but there usually aren't many around for sale here, and if they are, they're usually extremely high mileage, or way overpriced

2006-2009 Trailblazer SS - Always regretted selling my old one, I'd love to pickup another one. However, these have the same issue as the CTS-V

2004-2007 Subaru WRX or STi - Always liked this bodystyle, and I've never messed with a AWD car before.

1987-1993 Mustang 5.0 - Would have to be a GT, or notch. It's becoming really hard to find nice clean ones though, they're either beat to ****, or show cars that you wouldn't want to daily. I want to find a nice one that is inbetween, clean, with bolt-ons. Been wanting one for several years now, but there never seems to be any nice ones for sale when I need a ride.

2007+ Silverado or Sierra, or a 2004+ F150, with a big lift and tires - Always wanted a big, greasy, redneck truck :lol: . I think I'd quickly regret it, because I'm sure they're a pain in the *** as a daily, as far as parking, and just climbing in the damn thing everyday, but its a mistake I've always wanted to make :lol:

So yea, as you can see, I'm all over the place. We'll see what happens, I'm gonna try and hold onto the Lightning for a bit longer, it really is a great vehicle, lots of power, pretty easy to park for a full-size truck, and I get a kick out of how much of a sleeper it is to people who just think it's a plain jane F150.
Search tempest.com

Found a lot of cars I wanted using that

Gonna get this thing back to commuter car status.
Been sitting for a few months now.

Search tempest.com

I'm in Canada my dude. Most of the cars that pulls up are in the States, and even if I wanted to make a road trip and deal with the headache and paper work of importing something, with how ****** our dollar is, it wouldn't make any financial sense. So searching the local craigslists is really my only option.

Search tempest.com

I'm in Canada my dude. Most of the cars that pulls up are in the States, and even if I wanted to make a road trip and deal with the headache and paper work of importing something, with how ****** our dollar is, it wouldn't make any financial sense. So searching the local craigslists is really my only option.
Yea that's understandable

Well good luck anyway

Hope you get the 5.0 hat

Fammmm, say no more :nerd:

New block is like $1,700 b, maintenance is lowwww if you don't mod it much.

You can buy a used 20g snail for like close to nothing and get a conservative tune to get you to 380whp on pump which your stock block can hold, and you can bump the torque up way past 400, the trans is bulletproof good up to 800+whp. You'll pretty much eat most of the cars you'll see in the street. I tried to be nice, but when I first raced that modded jeep SRT8 on my stock just broken in STi (baselined at 240whp). He said he was at 460hp+

Fam, it was an embarrassment and I basically stopped stretching gears after 4th. I said it was close in here to be nice, but it was a pretty funny race to say the least. I would say I was around 18-22 car lengths by the time i got to 4th gear.

Now? fuggedabout it. I eat DCT F12 M6's up until 70-80mph. at 343hp? I shouldn't even be close. Your STi at 380whp and 420+ torque will be very fun and cheap to attain with used parts. Used dw65c, 1,000CC ID's and a 20g is all you need. Might run you about 2k tops? another 1k for used coils and a turboback? $3k for a 400whp subie.

Don't go my route, I did it for a reason. And which is why I've only put 5k miles on my new parts and don't plan on putting too much more. Your motor blows? Ok, a new block will run you next to nothing, a built one capable of 600+whp will run you like $3.5k if you're really feeling froggy.

DEW IT, B.

blackongoldsti-825697.jpeg

2013-10-12_7881_br.jpg

7566623254_4d3e2daab3_b.jpg

ignore the hella horns on the first and last one. You WON'T be dissapointed. I will legit bet you $500 it's the longest car you'll end up keeping if you don't buy a lemon.(I would bet you more but then you'll try some funny business and sell her to get the change :nerd: )

Not but srs srs, buy a good condition one and you won't want to sell it.
Last one is cool

Nice wheels

Fammmm, say no more :nerd:

New block is like $1,700 b, maintenance is lowwww if you don't mod it much.

You can buy a used 20g snail for like close to nothing and get a conservative tune to get you to 380whp on pump which your stock block can hold, and you can bump the torque up way past 400, the trans is bulletproof good up to 800+whp. You'll pretty much eat most of the cars you'll see in the street. I tried to be nice, but when I first raced that modded jeep SRT8 on my stock just broken in STi (baselined at 240whp). He said he was at 460hp+

Fam, it was an embarrassment and I basically stopped stretching gears after 4th. I said it was close in here to be nice, but it was a pretty funny race to say the least. I would say I was around 18-22 car lengths by the time i got to 4th gear.

Now? fuggedabout it. I eat DCT F12 M6's up until 70-80mph. at 343hp? I shouldn't even be close. Your STi at 380whp and 420+ torque will be very fun and cheap to attain with used parts. Used dw65c, 1,000CC ID's and a 20g is all you need. Might run you about 2k tops? another 1k for used coils and a turboback? $3k for a 400whp subie.

Don't go my route, I did it for a reason. And which is why I've only put 5k miles on my new parts and don't plan on putting too much more. Your motor blows? Ok, a new block will run you next to nothing, a built one capable of 600+whp will run you like $3.5k if you're really feeling froggy.

DEW IT, B.

ignore the hella horns on the first and last one. You WON'T be dissapointed. I will legit bet you $500 it's the longest car you'll end up keeping if you don't buy a lemon.(I would bet you more but then you'll try some funny business and sell her to get the change :nerd: )

Not but srs srs, buy a good condition one and you won't want to sell it.
I knew you'd like that car from my wish list :lol: . I dunno if I'd make that bet with me though, I'll sell anything, no matter how good it has been to me :lol:

We will see, like I said I've always liked that bodystyle, and with a nice set of wheels and mild drop, they look great to me, and don't need anything else for the exterior. I also really like how they've been holding their value, which is always a major factor for me considering how fast I go through rides, I almost always make a couple bucks, or at least break even since I only buy stuff that are priced well, and hold their value.

If the Lightning DOES go up for sale, it will be in a couple months, when we are approaching the summer in April or May, which will be the perfect time to sell it for the most amount of money. After that, it'll depend on what is well priced, and in good shape. I wouldn't be mad if I ended up with an STi :smokin . Also, I'm PRAYING I get some good news in May, if I do, my budget will be going up.

Yea that's understandable

Well good luck anyway

Hope you get the 5.0 hat

Would love another 5.0, loved my previous GT and notch I used to have. Just something about the way those cars sound, and drive. They're always a little sketchy to drive with some bolt-ons and gears, and really unrefined, which is what I love about them.

Last edited:
Those model years are notorious for being beat to death though, I would budget on putting a new short block in one no matter what.

Other than that 
pimp.gif

Those model years are notorious for being beat to death though, I would budget on putting a new short block in one no matter what.

Other than that :pimp:
Yea I can believe that. A lot of them seem to be getting up there KM wise as well. Ideally, if I was to go that route, I'd like to find one that already had the engine recently redone, to avoid that headache.

Trust me when I tell you this. Stock STi's are sluggggish as FUH

I used to literally rock myself back and forth WOT at times in an attempt to make it go faster like it was a horse or some **** :lol:
Weird stuff bros, don't ask me why.

Now I just get sucked into my seat lol
This reminds me of when I used to own a 1990 Honda Accord, back when I was a teen, a long, long time ago :smh: . Anyways, I thought I was the **** in that car, it was a 2 door AUTO, with a big fart cannon on the back, and was slow as ****.

So, one day I pull up to a red light, and there's this Dodge Ram to my right. So I take off like a jack *** once the light turns green, because when I was a teen, I'd try to race EVERYONE :smh: . Buddy in the Ram takes off too. At this point, I have the gas floored, and I'm looking at the truck, and he's keeping pace with me, right on my door. I'm like cool, I'm hanging with him. I look up at the driver, and he's making this motion, like c'mon, floor it. I look at the floor, yep, accelerator is floored, and I'm kinda rocking back and forth in hopes that my pathetic 2.2L automatic 4 banger, with all of 130 horsepower, will pull on this guy. I look back at the Ram driver, and he looks at me, and then he ACTUALLY floors it, and leaves me in the dust.

I was so embarassed :lol: . Good times :smokin

Last edited:
This reminds me of when I used to own a 1990 Honda Accord, back when I was a teen, a long, long time ago :smh: . Anyways, I thought I was the **** in that car, it was a 2 door AUTO, with a big fart cannon on the back, and was slow as ****.

So, one day I pull up to a red light, and there's this Dodge Ram to my right. So I take off like a jack *** once the light turns green, because when I was a teen, I'd try to race EVERYONE :smh: . Buddy in the Ram takes off too. At this point, I have the gas floored, and I'm looking at the truck, and he's keeping pace with me, right on my door. I'm like cool, I'm hanging with him. I look up at the driver, and he's making this motion, like c'mon, floor it. I look at the floor, yep, accelerator is floored, and I'm kinda rocking back and forth in hopes that my pathetic 2.2L automatic 4 banger, with all of 130 horsepower, will pull on this guy. I look back at the Ram driver, and he looks at me, and then he ACTUALLY floors it, and leaves me in the dust.

I was so embarassed :lol: . Good times :smokin
Been there done that lol. what's even worst is when you're guat packed and it's like you can almost feel the weight of everyone "slowing you down"

Talking about the 17 - they confirmed they changing the body style? What you think is going to look like? 
Yes confirmed 17's will be new. Think Sienna will be new in 17 as well.

No idea what it'll look like but I'm ready to see some pictures.

Found some answers.

Looks like I'm going with 285/35/18 then I'll probably have to slightly roll my fenders but I'll be able to get a nice drop.

Possibly run 5mm spacers as well. Man, the meat on those wheels and grip on those (just right) wide PSS' and the fact that's it's going on an STi is going to be so :x :x :x :x (in the best way possible)

Watch dudes start swagger jacking if I'm able to make it work :smh:

If someone has good links or contact info on vendors who sell quality wheels feel free to PM me. Looking for nothing but brand new. Hopefully they have what I'm looking for, although I'm sure if they're reputable they should have it.
Should look nice, gonna be a lot of tire under there :smokin

What made you choose the Michelin's over the Nitto's? I like the tread pattern of the NT05's better than the Pilot Super Sports, but I've seen a lot of people say the PSS' handle just as good, and get much better tread life, so the choice makes sense to me.

Basically the life and performance was superior to the NT-05 and they don't go for much more $/tire.

I'm actually thinking about sticking to 275's now after talking to some more people :lol:
I think I'll be limited in ride height with the 285's and might need too much rolling and probably actually pulling in order for them to work.

I rather roll in order to make them sit lower on 275 meats than do all of that work just to make 285s not rub know what I mean? I'm wayy more limited with what I can do, on 285's. And after looking at some pictures, 285/35 is a lot of ******* tire :rofl:

I think 275's will go just fine.

On another note, the shop I took my STi to dropped the price on the R32 to $18k, and they posted a picture of my whip up there :smokin. Literally every shop I take any of my cars to, they post a picture up :lol: :lol:

Fromy my DB9 when I was servicing her and thinking about straight-piping to my STi. Literally every.single.shop. uploads a picture of my whips to their IG :lol:

Feels pretty good :smokin
A VERY reputable shop uploaded like 5 or 6 pictures of my 22B Launch Edition onto their page :lol:

cleanest fitment i've seen on naisoc....those wheels are too :x :pimp: rays gramlights +38

btw WCIS, you get any dash rattle at all? in the pillars or center dash?

Last edited:
Y'all see the pics of this 410hp beauty that got shown today?... Straight gorgeous :nthat:...

lgdnt2veqwlhdiu47xsy.jpg

atlbpuwgc9fukfcthvps.jpg

eanccwz14vu16haupi9v.jpg

i really like the new design. clean as hell. that touch screen info system looks SUPER FRESH. looks intuitive too. looks a little low tho, kinda want outback ground clearence. also all beige interior is begging to get dirty. id want a black or red or brown interior.

Back
Top Bottom