\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

:lol:

Fam you gonna help. Im serious.

Moms was messing with it, mirror dropped along with the plastic.

Need to know of good adhesives. 
JB Weld. There's also adhesives made specifically for the rear view. Check your local auto parts store.

Your car always looks good. I think the spoiler looked better before the lift.

Thanks matee. Work in progress. Looks so muh different to stock.
And the wing, its a personal pref. Thing i think

So after much debating I've finally come to a decision.

The current 1of1,000 BBS LE's will become my winter wheels and I'll be buying new Summer wheels and tires in about a month or 2. As soon as the weather stays consistently better.
The back and forth was with either having the LE's as Summer's as well, but I honestly love the idea of having them for Winter's and it would be corny swapping back and forth between 2 sets of Summer's.

I will be buying brand new Summer wheels and their specs will be 18x10+40or35(haven't decided yet but I think I may go with 40 because if I want a lower offset I can always just throw on 5mm spacers). I have to decide on the width of my tires, so I will need to research and see exactly what I can get away with on my stock wheel well dimension. I love meaty tires so unfortunately I think I may have to slightly roll my fender which is why I'm still undecided on the tire dimensions. I'm dead set on what tires I will be getting as well as what wheels, but I know the wheel specs just unfortunately not the tire's yet. I still have about 2 months or so to decide. 

My reasoning is that I would also need to purchase a winter wheel setup and I can't think of anything better than my stock Gold BBS' with their specs (18x8.5 +55). Their width allows me to get away with running maybe 225's on winter tires and they would grip amazingly,  and look incredible during the winter. And the best part is these exceptional forged limited edition BBS wheels wouldn't cost me a dime, because they're stock! :D

What kind of tires are you going with?

Yep looks like a 295/35/18 will be too tall.

295/30/18 on the other hand....

Looks like I'll be in the clear
smokin.gif

No pun
pimp.gif

I bought a winter set but went on the cheap with the wheels
eyes.gif
 got 17" MB 14 with Blizzak WS80 I don't remember the exact measurements, but I know they fit 
laugh.gif

I'll probably keep the summer wheels and tires it came with for a couple years. 

Last edited:
That website is NOT taking into account the WIDTH of the tire, it is only showing the circumference and diameter. Just because the diameter doesn't change much, doesn't mean you still won't have issues with rubbing due to running wider tires. How much wider the tire is going to be is also going to be an issue if you don't want rubbing. I use 1010tires calculator to figure out tire specs. Remember that the diameter is going to extend both towards the wheel arches, as well as towards the ground. So that 22mm difference between going with a 295/35/18 and 265/35/18 is really only going to be 11mm towards the wheel arch, which isn't a huge difference.

I think you'll have bigger problems because the section width difference between a 295/35/18 and 265/35/18 is an inch and a quarter, which would be 0.6 inches more tire poke on BOTH sides. 295 tires are VERY wide (I know, because that's what is on my truck), and if you're only running +40 offset wheels, a lot of that tire needs to be stuffed inside of the wheel wells. I'm no Subaru expert, but I have a hard time believing that much tire will fit in there without moving the wheels more outside of the wheel well, and running more offset (which would make your wheels poke out a lot, which I know you don't like). Even if that much tire DOES fit in there, the additional 0.6 inches of tire poking out of the fenders will probably give you rubbing problems as well when going over dips, as they'll be flush, if not poking out a bit judging by the other car you posted. If I were you, I'd just stick to the 265/35/18 that worked for the other car you posted (and I don't see anyone running anything wider in the link I posted below) otherwise you're asking for headaches, especially if you are not wanting to roll your fenders.

Doing a quick google search, I came across this link:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618034&page=173

Check out post #4313.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, brother. I saw that chart but what exactly is it telling me?

And how would I know what offset I would need to fit 295's on there? I can always run spacers but I definitely don't want to be too flush.
So hard to say man. You might be able to stuff a 295 into the rear, but with the front you need to consider how much the front wheels turn too, as far as rubbing. As far as that list, that was my point, seems weird that no one is running that wide of a tire, which suggests to me that there must be a reason behind that. You're right that 3mm is not much difference visually if you used spacers. But even going from a 275 to a 295 is a difference of 0.8" in section width overall, or 0.4" out of the fender, and 0.4" into the fender. Almost half an inch both ways is still a HUGE difference in width. Plus a 295/35 and a 275/35 has a 0.5" difference in diameter, or 0.25" either way. That red car looks almost flush. Going an extra 3mm, and then 0.4", you'll probably be past flush.

Honestly, I don't think there really IS a sure fire way to know if it'll fit. Like I said, the rear is a lot easier to figure out, since the wheel only goes up and down as far as rubbing. With the fronts, they move both up and down, and side to side. Sometimes they'll be moving up and down AND side to side when you're driving and hit a dip, into driveways, etc. Wheel wheels also aren't perfectly round, they have indentations, etc. That is a lot of variables there that could affect rubbing. You also have to factor in that a 295/35 Nitto is going to run a little different in size then say a 295/35 Michelin. Similar to shoes, a Jordan 12 in a size 11 does NOT fit like a Jordan 1 does in a size 11.

If you're willing to give it a go, it COULD work, but know that you'd probably be being a guinea pig, and could run into trouble. It sucks that your car is fairly new, so there probably hasn't been a ton of experimenting going on just yet. So it comes down to if you want to try it and see, and are you willing to roll fenders, deal with spacers, and possibly STILL have a little rubbing, just to get a little extra width? I say do the 275's, as you know they can at least be done, or MAYBE if you feel adventurous, step up to 285's. Unless you feel lucky, then **** it, be the guinea pig, and see what happens. Who knows, you could be the first to do it..... or be the first to see that it can't be done. If you ordered your wheels first, and then got a hold of one beat up and cheap 275/35, or 295/35, mounted it, and then tested that would be a good way to go before buying brand new tires.

When I was into foxbody mustangs, that's basically how people figured out how big they could go in the back, and what width of wheels. Trial and error. People consistently one upping each other, until they couldn't go any bigger, and then someone would break out a big hammer, make the inner wheel wells slightly larger, and went bigger, then someone rolled the fenders and went even bigger, etc.

Last edited:
Man its been awhile since someone wanted to do some pulls with me. And 2 in one trip. Felt good 
pimp.gif
. I've calmed down a lot. I wasn't the only one that felt invincible at 17-20 right? 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Did some 3rd gear pulls with a WRX and on the way home with an 8th gen Si.

Last edited:
No way in hell you are gonna fit 305s on a stock body STI any gen, even with fender mods it wont work.

That red one looks pretty damn good, I would like it a little lower personally in the front but its still fire.

Also remember that a 275 in one brand will not necessarily be the same size and fit the same in another brand.

If you cant see the exact setup you wont in person then I would go the more conservative route and just add a spacer if you need to versus being stuck with tires that wont fit.

What do you guys think if I run a 245/45/19 tire on a 19x10? Will it be too stretched? I just wanna run them until I can get two new rear tires

New STIs are that much wider?

I swear when I went 255 square on my 06 it was meaty as hell
laugh.gif

What do you guys think if I run a 245/45/19 tire on a 19x10? Will it be too stretched? I just wanna run them until I can get two new rear tires

My 5 series came stock with 245's on an 8 inch wheel up front, and the sidewalls weren't really bulging much. It depends on what tire you're using, but I still think that adding 2 inches of width is going to give you quite a bit of wheel poke.

I meant ridiculous in a bad way.

The link shows the dude perfectly fitting 265/35/18. It doesn't look meaty to me at all. I mean definitely meatier than stock, but not meaty for that width.

A 255 can definitely look meaty depending on the width of the wheel. So 255 would definitely not be considered meaty to me on say a 9" wheel. On an 8", it probably will.

I'm running 255's on a 9" wheel and I think some Michelin PSS's in 265's or even 275's would be perfect.

I don't think it will be too stretched, but definitely a stretch.

My stocks are 245's on 8.5". You can always Google pictures of that same setup. Google image search "245/45/19 19x10 mustang"
Trust me I've tried it :lol: looks like nobody has run that on a mustang. They're not a car you'd stretch tires for anyway. My stock wheels are 19x8.5 and they have 245/45 the new wheels are 19x10 in the back and 19x8.5 front

Yea, now coming to think of it the 295 may just be overkill. I'm just going off of pictures I'm looking at and not actual experience.

I'm thinking 285's may be doable with a slight roll, but then I'm thinking I can sit lower on 275's. Is my logic right on this?

I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to fitment :lol:

Thanks for all the help btw, b.
You are correct in your thinking. The difference between a 285/35 and 275/35 in diameter is 0.3 inches, or 0.15 inches into the wheel well. So, in theory, you should be able to be at least 0.15 inches lower, all things being equal, running 275s. However, you'll probably be able to go even a bit lower, since the 275s will not only be a little shorter height wise, but also a little less wide.

Honestly though, fitment really is a trial and error thing when you're trying to be as low and wide as possible. Like I said previously, there's just so many different variables involved, that it's hard to know exactly what will fit. I think if I were you I'd just stick to the 275s, they look great on that red car. Then, worst case scenario, if they DO rub a tiny bit when making sharp turns, going up driveways, or whatever, you have some wiggle room by rolling your fenders to fix it.

For example, a good friend of mine found some 33" mud tires on some wheels for his stock height Xterra on Craigslist. They were the wrong bolt pattern, so we knew going in he would have to run adapters in order to bolt them on. After doing some searching on the Googles, I told him that they were gonna be a pain to fit, and we'd probably be cutting things. He said he didn't care, and that it wouldn't be that bad. I was like OK, your truck :lol: . So we pick up the wheels, and test fit em in the garage and they fit pretty decent when the wheels are straight, and only slightly rub in the front when turning the wheels. We were like awesome, we won't have to do much trimming to fit these. So we trim a little off his front bumper and splash guards, everything seems to clear in the garage, and we take it for a drive. During the test drive, completely different story, just pulling out of my driveway, that ***** was rubbing. It was rubbing ALL the time even making slight turns, and we ended up having to do a LOT of trimming to his plastics, and even had to take some metal off his fenders, in order to make them fit. And they STILL rub a little when turning hard, or turning slightly going up a driveway. We decided to just leave it, I was tired of cutting up his truck, and I think he was too :lol: . Hopefully he throws a little body lift on it soon, and that will solve all his problems.

Trust me I've tried it :lol: looks like nobody has run that on a mustang. They're not a car you'd stretch tires for anyway. My stock wheels are 19x8.5 and they have 245/45 the new wheels are 19x10 in the back and 19x8.5 front
Don't do it man, they're gonna be stretched to ****, and stretched tires won't look good on a Mustang. Just save and buy the right tires for it.

If you can't find a particular size setup on the internet easily, chances are there's a reason people aren't running it.

Last edited:
Damb, I'm kind of determined on fitting that 285 :lol:

But all that stuff is true about what you mentioned when visually inspecting on whether you will rub or not, which sucks.

Idk, I'll ask around and see what else I can find. Maybe Prime might have some experience and recommendations on what tires can easily fit and be able to perform optimally on '15's. But thanks for all the info, it definitely made me steer clear from the 295's :smokin
No problem man. My advice to you would be if you're set on fitting 285's, and can't find anyone who has successfully done it yet, buy your wheels, and find a pair of used 285/35/18s. Mount them, and drive it around, that will really be the only true way of knowing if they're gonna work. You can measure things as much as you want to, but there's no way to really simulate how your front wheels move when driving, turning, and hitting dips. If they work, awesome, then you'll have a #1of1 wheel and tire setup from the sounds of it :lol: . If they don't, well, you won't be out much money, and you tried.

That's a 245 on a 10" wheel.

Yea, that's a pretty significant stretch b :lol:
Definitely risk harming your wheels.
Yea that looks terrible. sgamon sgamon , please don't do this. Your car will look goofy as hell with normal fitting front tires, and stretched to **** rear tires :lol: . Just wait, and buy some nice, sticky, wide rear tires :smokin

Last edited:
Don't do it man, they're gonna be stretched to ****, and stretched tires won't look good on a Mustang. Just save and buy the right tires for it.

If you can't find a particular size setup on the internet easily, chances are there's a reason people aren't running it.

That's a 245 on a 10" wheel.

Yea, that's a pretty significant stretch b :lol:
Definitely risk harming your wheels.
The curb rash :x

Yea, that would be ideal but hard to find.

And my symmetrical AWD is a ***** to try to run used tires. They all have to have near identical wear or it can really **** up the diffs. So if one tire goes, I'll need a new set of 4 to properly replace them. I don't know what the rule of thumb is on the amount of wear you will be able to still replace only one tire, but I still would never risk it. This is why regular rotation is crucial and very important on subies.

But yea, it sucks :smh:
Oh yea, totally slipped my mind that your STi was AWD :lol: . I wouldn't be too concerned with differences in wear, but I would definitely make sure to run tires that had the same diameter when new. A couple millimeters difference in wear isn't going to be enough to really **** things up. I mean think about it, if one tire is low on tire pressure, you could have a couple millimeters difference easily, and it could take you a couple days to realize that, but your diffs would be fine.

If you run a different diameter tire, the diffs spin at different speeds, messing them up. Fair. You also need to consider that every time you turn, ALL 4 tires will be spinning at slightly different speeds, both side to side (outside wheel needs to turn faster) AND front to back (the front and back wheels do NOT follow the same paths when turning). So, at the very least, Subaru must have some tolerances built in, otherwise you'd only be able to go straight all the time, or be constantly burning up diffs. If you have a blowout, I personally wouldn't run out and buy 4 new tires. I know the AWD system in Subaru's is probably pretty finicky, but a couple millimeters either way should be fine.

With your stock tire size being 245/40/18, the difference in diameters between that and a 285/35/18 is only 0.13 inches, which is barely anything. I understand wanting to be super careful, but I'm sure that little amount of difference would be fine. And you would only be going around the block a couple times with a pair of used 285/35/18s just to see if they rubbed, it would be very quick and shouldn't cause any harm. Plus, if you got a really used set, that 0.13 inch difference would be smaller. Up to you though, you gotta be comfortable with it, and I totally understand wanting to be careful, diffs are expensive!

Update on the Rebuilt title ...

I guess it was a right passenger collision with multiple airbags deploying. They had to change the qtr panel and the sliding door. Plus fix the airbags.

THe vehicle is a 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite asking 15k.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom