\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

It's the same 3.0 supercharged V6 offered in quite literally every Audi besides the R8 :lol:... For some reason they badge it as "3.0T"... I believe it's getting replaced this upcoming year with anan actual turbo 3.0...

Ah ok got it. The 2012 and before I believe was an NA V8 I believe for the a5

mah hoopty

l1d70aE.jpg

^nice B5. Still one of my favorite cars. That design is timeless. Looking to pickup a 2.0 for a commuter soon in sedan form. The avants look amazing too though.

I kind of want an E36 M3.

Saw one the other day. Pristine sedan in white being driven by an older woman. Thing looked liked it had just rolled off the assembly line.

I kind of want an E36 M3.

Saw one the other day. Pristine sedan in white being driven by an older woman. Thing looked liked it had just rolled off the assembly line.

After owning a nightmare E36, it left a sour taste in my mouth. But I love the 46. The 36 imo just had too much quality problems with fit and finish.

Hey guys. Longtime lurker in here. Always learn something new in this thread.

General thoughts on rebuilt titles? First off, I'm 18 months or so from actually buying a substantial car (want to wait until I'm back in the states). I'm driving a 1993 525i here in Germany that I use for road trips. Daily public transport is pretty good and I'd rather wait to get something really nice. Still, I do searches in my probable price range (high 20s-low 30s) on Craigslist for fun. Just to see what pops up back home.

So this pops up today http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5242789765.html

Let's say I'm interested. It's a rebuilt title of course. What's my plan of action here? What would you do? What are the things the average buyer fails to understand?
General thoughts on rebuilt titles:

- Older vehicles that are under 6 or 7 grand, I wouldn't really be too concerned about a rebuilt title.
- Newish cars with rebuilt titles,I'd want to see pictures of the damage before it was repaired if possible.
- If you buy a car with a rebuilt title, be prepared to be stuck with it for a while and/or be willing to take a loss on it when you decide to sell it. Your average buyer won't even consider a car with a rebuilt title, so it will be hard to sell later on.

Your plan of action would be to get it inspected by a mechanic you trust (the lexus dealership would be a good choice) to make sure the car was repaired properly. I'm not sure how writing off vehicles works where you are, but here a vehicle gets written off when the damage exceeds 50% of the cars value. That's an expensive car and is almost new, so it must have been in a significant accident with a fair amount of damage in order to have been written off. Make sure the repairs were done well!

Think long and hard about buying it, and make sure you're OK with the possibility of getting stuck with it, or losing a lot of money , when you decide to get something else.

All of this.

Additionally, keep in mind that most insurance providers do not charge you for the vehicles salvage value. You will be paying the same annual amount to insure a salvaged car as you would for one with a clean title. The kicker is if you were to get in an accident, they will only pay out the vehicles salvaged value. This isn't really a big deal on a cheap beater where the difference is a few grand max, but on a car like that it could make a huge difference. I presume you'll be looking for full coverage, so it's something you will want to keep in mind.

Car show tonight last one of the year

Saw a few things

The white gta trans am

The wheels and tires were dope in person

height5000

89 TTA ?

mah hoopty

l1d70aE.jpg

Was watching Shift S3ctor's periscope today. Whewww the eargasms to be had from it.

Link if anyone's interested...There's a grey Evo there that holds the fastest time ever recorded on the 1/2mile strip. Not sure what it is but I think it starts with a 2.

https://www.periscope.tv/shifts3ctor/1mnGeMXMgMZGX

Wait, what? What was the record it set?

Got wrong info. Fastest car was Heffner TT gallardo doing 227.5

https://shift-s3ctor.com/airstrip-attack-8-recap-and-results-another-success/

I may not post as much in here but I got a Miata last week. Need to start doing some mods to it and change the factory radio out.

The New MX-5?...
Na NC. I'm not a fan of the new one

pics bro!

i was hoping to see some NDs on the road since I moved to Irvine .. none yet tho :frown:
Its been raining alot here but

Dope! Plans? Gonna track it?

I may not post as much in here but I got a Miata last week. Need to start doing some mods to it and change the factory radio out.
The New MX-5?...
Na NC. I'm not a fan of the new one
pics bro!

i was hoping to see some NDs on the road since I moved to Irvine .. none yet tho
frown.gif
Its been raining alot here but
Dope! Plans? Gonna track it?
Waiting to drive it a little more but upgrade suspension(with lowering) not sure how many inches I should go, new wheels probably go down from them 17s to 16s for a nicer drop, cold air intake along with headers/exhaust next year

New stereo and speakers will be first up 

Yea at some point I will get it on the track or if I jump up to a M3 next then definitely it will be on the track

Dank it was a gta for sure

That tuned port injection 350

Would be better if it had a centrifugal supercharger

Saw a foxbody with one, dude said he's on 12 pounds of boost

Back
Top Bottom