\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Hey guys. Longtime lurker in here. Always learn something new in this thread.

General thoughts on rebuilt titles? First off, I'm 18 months or so from actually buying a substantial car (want to wait until I'm back in the states). I'm driving a 1993 525i here in Germany that I use for road trips. Daily public transport is pretty good and I'd rather wait to get something really nice. Still, I do searches in my probable price range (high 20s-low 30s) on Craigslist for fun. Just to see what pops up back home.

So this pops up today http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5242789765.html

Let's say I'm interested. It's a rebuilt title of course. What's my plan of action here? What would you do? What are the things the average buyer fails to understand?

General thoughts on rebuilt titles? First off, I'm 18 months or so from actually buying a substantial car (want to wait until I'm back in the states). I'm driving a 1993 525i here in Germany that I use for road trips. Daily public transport is pretty good and I'd rather wait to get something really nice. Still, I do searches in my probable price range (high 20s-low 30s) on Craigslist for fun. Just to see what pops up back home.

Let's say I'm interested. It's a rebuilt title of course. What's my plan of action here? What would you do? What are the things the average buyer fails to understand?
General thoughts on rebuilt titles:

- Older vehicles that are under 6 or 7 grand, I wouldn't really be too concerned about a rebuilt title.
- Newish cars with rebuilt titles,I'd want to see pictures of the damage before it was repaired if possible.
- If you buy a car with a rebuilt title, be prepared to be stuck with it for a while and/or be willing to take a loss on it when you decide to sell it. Your average buyer won't even consider a car with a rebuilt title, so it will be hard to sell later on.

Your plan of action would be to get it inspected by a mechanic you trust (the lexus dealership would be a good choice) to make sure the car was repaired properly. I'm not sure how writing off vehicles works where you are, but here a vehicle gets written off when the damage exceeds 50% of the cars value. That's an expensive car and is almost new, so it must have been in a significant accident with a fair amount of damage in order to have been written off. Make sure the repairs were done well!

Think long and hard about buying it, and make sure you're OK with the possibility of getting stuck with it, or losing a lot of money , when you decide to get something else.

Last edited:

Its a tarp. Buy a Corolla

i personally wouldnt tint windshield also because ive driven in places that have no streetlight....and deers. so obv a tinted windshield isn't gonna help.

Why can't I have this....

A7 is $30k more :x

Cause that butt is ugly. They're doing us a favor. Don't really like "four door coupes". I'm cool with a coupe or traditional sedan.

Last edited:
Car show tonight last one of the year

Saw a few things

The white gta trans am

The wheels and tires were dope in person

height5000

The 72 De tomaso Pantera :x :smh: :pimp:
Owner said its the 351 w with a lil more in it :lol: car sits so low

the ultimate hemi :lol:

might have a Dana 60 in the rear

Also saw a 92 c4 zr1 :pimp:

Im bout to cop them jawns put real lights on em & retake the law on these boys. Thems jawns crazt

nthat.gif
nthat.gif

The 72 De tomaso Pantera
sick.gif
mean.gif
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

In the process of converting all of my 94 NSX exterior Acura badging to Honda and installing 02+ oem rear valance.  Will post it up when complete.

Back
Top Bottom