\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Speaking of first cars in high school, what did y'all drive back in high school (or first cars, if you were a teenager and bought it yourself)? Post pics!

My first ever car: 1983 Olds Cutlass. Bought it for $800, dumped close to 6 grand into it. Full custom interior, sound system, wheels, exhaust, etc. Had it booked into the paint shop to get it painted 2 tone white and orange (to match the interior) but it got stolen a week before it was set to go to the paint shop :smh:. Cops found it 3 weeks later missing all the beats, and then I got rid of it because having it stolen left a bad taste in my mouth about the car.

I did most of the interior myself back then, including the door panels, headliner, and dying all the interior plastics white, but paid to have a shop do the seats. I still wish I'd finished that car.

when i was in HS i wanted this car bad, but had no money. i remember settling for an 80 i bought for $250 that seen better days. where I'm from this was considered a big time gangbanger car and i would get pulled over by the narc's almost on a daily basis. one time i got pulled over two times in the same day. they asked the same two questions every time.

1. do you have any guns?
2. do you have any drugs?

this was followed by get out of the car.

Last edited:
It's crazy how many cars some of you've guys have had at a young age... Me personally I never believed in beater whips I just stacked and took the bus when I needed to. I bought these both cash and paid insurance for the year at the time of purchase. I thinks that's probably the smartest way.

15zf71w.jpg

r7rekx.jpg

Last edited:
So I was looking at the new accord sport, but scared of the cvt transmission. I'm digging the new Camry. Also the optima, but hesitant about reliability. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's crazy how many cars some of you've guys have had at a young age... 

i've had somewhere in the ballpark of 15 cars since i got my license (9 years)

i only really count 4 though (The integra i just posted that was my first car, s2000, Gray Evo, White Evo) the rest have all just been my daily beaters that i am constantly buying and selling

when i was in HS i wanted this car bad, but had no money. i remember settling for an 80 i bought for $250 that seen better days. where I'm from this was considered a big time gangbanger car and i would get pulled over by the narc's almost on a daily basis. one time i got pulled over two times in the same day. they asked the same two questions every time.

1. do you have any guns?
2. do you have any drugs?

this was followed by get out of the car.
:lol:

I went through a similar thing. Back when I got my license up here in Canada, they have different stages of your license. The day of my 16th B-day I went and wrote a test for my "L". Once you had your "L", you could drive, but only under adult supervision, and you had to have your L for at least 6 months. After that, you did a test, and got your "N". You had to have your N for 2 years before you could get your full (normal) license. Your "N" meant you could drive by yourself, but could only have one passenger. Also, you had to display one of these things on the back of your car.

These N signs basically made you a target to cops. Which meant I was constantly getting pulled over due the "I'm a newbie, pull me over" N sign on the back, combined with how my cars looked. My first couple cars all looked kinda gangster:

I traded my Cutlass once I got it back from being stolen for this Regal

Crashed the Regal, and got another Cutlass

And then sold that Cutlass and got a Monte Carlo LS

So yea, the cops all thought I was up to no good :lol:. Plus I was young, so I was constantly getting harassed with questions like, "How much did you spend on those wheels" and "What do you do for work?". I remember one time the cop was like, "Do you know why I pulled you over?". I said "No", and he replied, "Because you have an N on the back" :smh:

Good times :lol:

Last edited:
1996 Pontiac Grand Am (Totaled the car in a accident. Didn't even have the car for a year :smh: )

Next I picked up this (1995 Mazda Millenia). Sold it because of engine problems

2002 Honda Civic. Passed this car down to my sister

2009 Acura TSX (current car)

I had a hand me down from my mom. She came in and said "you're doing really well in school with your grades and sports, you stay out of trouble, let's go to the Buick/Ponitiac dealer". I was so hype, we were doing good financially and I thought it was my time to shine. We get to the dealer ship and I'm looking at cars and everything, knew I was going to hit a lick, the salesman came out and started chatting us up, and told my mom he appreciated her business and her new car was in the back being detailed. My heart was sunk. She handed my the the keys to a 1988 Grand Am, just like the one pictured below. I did everything in that bucket.

Last edited:
So I was looking at the new accord sport, but scared of the cvt transmission. I'm digging the new Camry. Also the optima, but hesitant about reliability. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have an accord. Only had it for about three months now but so far so good. Take a look at the accord forums to see what sort of problems people have run into. Kia...ehh design is great but not sure about reliability like you said.

Back
Top Bottom