\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Oh yeah you cant find a CF lip for 3, that one was a poly. I don't really consider front lips, trunks or other exterior styling parts as knockoffs. The only no name brands are on eBay. 

Im not gonna spend $700-1k on a Mode Carbon or $2k on a Vorsteiner when you can go VIS, Seibon or other brands for half the price with almost perfect fitment and no one will ever know the difference.

Now wheels, suspension and performance parts are a total different story.
:lol:

If no one knows the difference, isn't that the DEFINITION of a good knockoff? C'mon bra, a knockoff is a knockoff, it doesn't matter what type of part it is, you can't pick and choose what is OK and what isn't.

This car...

Is driven by this women...

IG:Reina_mares

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

laugh.gif

If no one knows the difference, isn't that the DEFINITION of a good knockoff? C'mon bra, a knockoff is a knockoff, it doesn't matter what type of part it is, you can't pick and choose what is OK and what isn't.
Why cant I? 

For example if Seibon and Mode Carbon both make a CF front lip and theres a $300 price difference but they look exactly the same and same quality and fitment, why would I spend more when theres no branding on the outside? 

We aren't talking Rotas vs BBS here.

Last edited:
:lol:

Do you too need to hit the official gm thread?

Why cant I? 

For example if Seibon and Mode Carbon both make a CF front lip and theres a $300 price difference but they look exactly the same and same quality and fitment, why would I spend more when theres no branding on the outside? 

We aren't talking Rotas vs BBS here.
Well you can do whatever you want to, but saying replica lips are fine, but replica wheels aren't, makes you sound like a hypocrite. You won't see me telling people how to spend their money though, I'd probably go for the cheaper option too.

Well you can do whatever you want to, but saying replica lips are fine, but replica wheels aren't, makes you sound like a hypocrite. You won't see me telling people how to spend their money though, I'd probably go for the cheaper option too.
Im basing it off the fact that these parts don't affect the performance of your car. Replica wheels are of less quality so its a huge difference.

I don't call them replicas either it just a different brand. eBay is the only place with cheaper less quality ones.

Im basing it off the fact that these parts don't affect the performance of your car. Replica wheels are of less quality so its a huge difference.

I don't call them replicas either it just a different brand. eBay is the only place with cheaper less quality ones.
nah they're replicas man. i bought a VIS Carbon Fiber front lip for my car, which is actually a pretty good brand, but the design WAS a knock off of the Do-Luck front lip which is over $1k and very hard to find.

the fitment was awful. i couldn't even get it on my car it was about 2 inches too short.

i do agree though, buying a cheap lip is fine because not only are u going to mess it up, but as long as the cheaper one fits, its going to do the same thing....

you don't want to skimp on quality when it comes to wheels, brakes, suspension, performance parts

Last edited:

nah they're replicas man. i bought a VIS Carbon Fiber front lip for my car, which is actually a pretty good brand, but the design WAS a knock off of the Do-Luck front lip which is over $1k and very hard to find.

the fitment was awful. i couldn't even get it on my car it was about 2 inches too short.

i do agree though, buying a cheap lip is fine because not only are u going to mess it up, but as long as the cheaper one fits, its going to do the same thing....

you don't want to skimp on quality when it comes to wheels, brakes, suspension, performance parts
Exactly that's what I was saying.

Everything is a replica of the original if you want to look at it that way.

Back
Top Bottom