Policy Officers are your friends.

if you act respectful and keep to the law this will never happen to you
That's understandable and personally the times ive been stopped or bothered by cops when I legitimately did nothing wrong I would just bite my tongue despite wanting to go off on them.

However just because someone's rude to a cop doesn't give them the right to put hands on a citizen. There public servants hired to protect and serve. Not assault and violate when they feel disrespected.

If some random person talked to me in an offensive way and I put hands on him I'm getting assault charges pressed against me and rightfully so.

When a cop puts hands on someone who was rude or disrespectful some people have the mindset "he got what he deserved, he should've been respectful to the cop" and I just disagree with it. If anything our public servants who are hired to enforce the law should be held to a higher standard and code of conduct then your regular average citizen imo
yeah of course, for me personally its not "he deserved it, he should have been more respectful" its "knowing the possible outcomes of being disrespectful, why would he still do it?". as much as you may or may not hate it, fact is cops have more power than you. depending on the cop, some will abuse the power and some wont.

rather than saying all cops are scum of the earth, why not just treat each cop interaction with an open mind. if he's a **** then he's a **** if not then what do you know, maybe there are good cops out there.

thing i never understood is when people who hate cops go out of their way to antagonize a cop then cry about it when the cop starts beating them

Sometimes I second guess the career choice I'm going to make, but then I remember that I could care less what people assume about me. I can't understand what makes cops act so out of reason...

yeah of course, for me personally its not "he deserved it, he should have been more respectful" its "knowing the possible outcomes of being disrespectful, why would he still do it?". as much as you may or may not hate it, fact is cops have more power than you. depending on the cop, some will abuse the power and some wont.

rather than saying all cops are scum of the earth, why not just treat each cop interaction with an open mind. if he's a **** then he's a **** if not then what do you know, maybe there are good cops out there.

thing i never understood is when people who hate cops go out of their way to antagonize a cop then cry about it when the cop starts beating them

To me its picking your battles. Even if I'm completely in the right in the given situation I know nothing good is going to come out of provoking a cop even if their completely wrong.

I prefer to keep my interactions with law enforcement as minimal as possible though.

I was at a club where there was a shooting and 3 cops were ducking behind their whips just like us.

next thing you know, soldiers will be ducking behind cover when they encounter enemy fire....

Those officers should have jumped out with their arms stretched in order to take any bullet that comes their way, then they should shoot the suspect in his hand or foot in order to not kill him.

next thing you know, soldiers will be ducking behind cover when they encounter enemy fire....

Those officers should have jumped out with their arms stretched in order to take any bullet that comes their way, then they should shoot the suspect in his hand or foot in order to not kill him.
lol .. why even argue the stupidity of the statement .... everyone that serves and protect are human just like us. 

To me its picking your battles. Even if I'm completely in the right in the given situation I know nothing good is going to come out of provoking a cop even if their completely wrong.

I prefer to keep my interactions with law enforcement as minimal as possible though.
thats what i mean, of course you want to keep the interactions to a minimum and the best way to keep these interactions short is to be polite and give them what they want. regardless of if the cop is right or wrong, this is just the most efficient method to get back to whatever you were doing.

That guy was an idiot. Yes, it was overkill on behalf of the cops. But for self-preservation, you do not talk smack to at least 4 adults who have weapons, training, and the legal authority to put you down if you get out of hand. I know the "out of hand" part is debatable, but you wouldn't do that to a group of regular guys on the street, and definitely not cops, unless you want to know what's it's like to sleep in a hospital overnight. He had multiple opportunities to shut and and keep walking, but he chose the other route.

That guy was an idiot. Yes, it was overkill on behalf of the cops. But for self-preservation, you do not talk smack to at least 4 adults who have weapons, training, and the legal authority to put you down if you get out of hand. I know the "out of hand" part is debatable, but you wouldn't do that to a group of regular guys on the street, and definitely not cops, unless you want to know what's it's like to sleep in a hospital overnight. He had multiple opportunities to shut and and keep walking, but he chose the other route.

Shouldn't the public servants hired to protect and serve be held to a higher standard though.

If I were to pop off to some random strangers I wouldn't expect them to act rational. However if they jumped me, they would be in legal trouble for it regardless if I was in the wrong and provoked them.

I expect more out of cops who taxpayer money helps finance their salary,

I expect more restraint from a cop to be able to take some verbal taunting then I do some random guy on the street.

The problem here is that if he provokes 4 aversge joes and they put hands on him their catching an assault case and a power hungry da might trump the charges to something higher.

If 4 cops beat him down, most likely nothing is going to happen to them. Why is that though?

Shouldn't the public servants hired to protect and serve be held to a higher standard though.

If I were to pop off to some random strangers I wouldn't expect them to act rational. However if they jumped me, they would be in legal trouble for it regardless if I was in the wrong and provoked them.

I expect more restraint from a cop to be able to take some verbal taunting then I do some random guy on the street.

The problem here is that if he provokes 4 aversge joes and they put hands on him their catching an assault case and a power hungry da might trump the charges to something higher.

If 4 cops beat him down, most likely nothing is going to happen to them. Why is that though?
You are correct, they should be held to a higher standard and for the most part they are. However, you also have to place yourself in their shoes, just by wearing the uniform, they are the target.

In this case, the individual was acting hostile, he had plenty of time to keep it moving, but continue to walk back and escalating the situation. When the cops initially made contact, the individual was resisting arrest .. at this point the cops had to protect themselves and detain he individual (you know what this man has or what he's dealing with). Once there were 4 cops on him, the punishment should of have seized or at least became minimal ....

Anything after that, I do not agree with you and I'm sure they are going to be held responsible ... The DOG part was disturbing as there were enough cops already to have control of the situation .....

You're right, they cops should be held to a higher standard.
If you were to mess with random strangers, they would be in legal troubles.
And yes, most likely nothing will happen to the cops. I totally agree with you on the legal and morale aspects of it.

But as far as a human being putting himself in a situation that he didn't need to be in, he should have walked away. Morally, the cops are wrong but if he walks away, none of this happens. That's where he is an idiot.

You're ok with policy upholders, whom we pay tax to support, beating a person down for talking smack from across the street?
I said it was fine till the beating. He was being loud in public and causing a issue. Officer could bring him in public disorder. Cops do it when your being a **** like he was. Hell if they weren't on the clock he would be really hurt

I'm curious if I should post some updates in here to the RR/Sportbike saga that's going on....

And yes, most likely nothing will happen to the cops. I totally agree with you on the legal and morale aspects of it.

But as far as a human being putting himself in a situation that he didn't need to be in, he should have walked away. Morally, the cops are wrong but if he walks away, none of this happens. That's where he is an idiot.

Oh I agree he's an idiot and he acted like one throughout that entire situation.

With the right lawyer perhaps he gets a fat settlement check and that police department gets some negative publicity as a result of him baiting the cops into putting hands on him.

Imo some cases force is necessary but I'm suprised cops aren't more controlled by this point. People are always filming and its people that will try and bait cops into acting violent and that just reenforces the negative perceptions some have about cops. The guy did act like a total idiot though.

Oh I agree he's an idiot and he acted like one throughout that entire situation.

With the right lawyer perhaps he gets a fat settlement check and that police department gets some negative publicity as a result of him baiting the cops into putting hands on him.

Imo some cases force is necessary but I'm suprised cops aren't more controlled by this point. People are always filming and its people that will try and bait cops into acting violent and that just reenforces the negative perceptions some have about cops. The guy did act like a total idiot though.
i think it is better these days than before when there were no cellphone videos and youtube. there will always be overly aggressive cops though, and for every cop that stops acting out of line because a camera on him there will be some idiot that taunts him because he thinks the camera will keep him out of trouble.

He should've just went home after they let him go and this wouldn't have happened, I don't care about them tackling him, but that k9 cop should lose his job

lol .. why even argue the stupidity of the statement .... everyone that serves and protect are human just like us. 

you and him both are trying to be condescending when i was responding

to someone who said they always feel safer when cops are around

and i said i don't because they are human just like me and anything can happen.

see what i mean about people who just wanna insult you? you didn't even

know the context of my statement yet you called it stupid. :rolleyes

both of you ended up sounding dumb since i agree w/ y'alls point and was

saying that's the reason cops don't just naturally make me feel safe.

Last edited:
Then you have those who feel like all crime/bad stuff should be treated the same with statements like

"don't break the law you won't have to worry..." s t f u. That's not how it was meant to be. If i smoke weed and get caught and

the cops proceeds to overdo it and ends up beating my *** i deserved it because i broke the law? No.

So in your world, cops will go out of their way to beat you up for smoking weed? :lol: Funny cause in my world, cops havn't done anything to me unless provoked. I have been pulled over, searched, cause they smelled it on me, found my stash, and thru the whole process, I remained calm and cooperative. Guess what happened after? I was let go with a warning after passing the field sobriety test. Yup that's it! Hmmmm maybe that whole listening, obeying and showing respect to a Peace officer worked! Maybe some of you guys should try that instead.

So in your world, cops will go out of their way to beat you up for smoking weed? :lol: Funny cause in my world, cops havn't done anything to me unless provoked. I have been pulled over, searched, cause they smelled it on me, found my stash, and thru the whole process, I remained calm and cooperative. Guess what happened after? I was let go with a warning after passing the field sobriety test. Yup that's it! Hmmmm maybe that whole listening, obeying and showing respect to a Peace officer worked! Maybe some of you guys should try that instead.

Yes, because one instance will hold true for what will happen in any given circumstance.

Sit down.

You guys take one, terrible example, and try to apply it to so many other things...it baffles me.

Back
Top Bottom