Please send your thoughts and prayers to MPLSdunk's little girl

Wow, I completely missed this thread. Sorry it happened but it's good to hear she's showing positive signs. I hope the MRI goes well and she'll be back to normal soon, that'd be the best Christmas present you could get.

Im really praying for you bro. Kids really do bounce back better than adults. I promise. Also a BIG shout out to your cousin for jumping in after her. That kids got some brass man :smile:

UPDATE, she had NO damage shown on the mri. so they went ahead and killed the drugs for a few hours and let her come out of it a little. at first she was opening her eyes and looking at us when we talked to her and then closed them again. she couldn't talk, still has the vent in and hooked up to everything. but the doctors wanted to do some sign tests. we were working with her for about an hour, basically pissing her off. asking her to do this and that. eventually the doctor said "can you put your thumb up?" she shook her head no if you know her you would know that's a good thing, she wont do anything she doesn't want to do, she's stubborn. so we're all happy since we know she still has her personality. then the doctor says "do you want the tubes out of your throat?" she shook her head to say yes. the doctor says "then you gotta do a thumbs up" she immediately does it and that was all they had to see. so all in all a good day.

they put her back under. she does have pneumonia and a swollen throat from them having a hard time getting the vent in. so she will be out for another day or two waiting for the steroids and anti biotics. so yeah we're just waiting for the pneumonia and swollen throat to heal but that's nothing. today was good. best case scenario happened. :smile:

UPDATE, she had NO damage shown on the mri. so they went ahead and killed the drugs for a few hours and let her come out of it a little. at first she was opening her eyes and looking at us when we talked to her and then closed them again. she couldn't talk, still has the vent in and hooked up to everything. but the doctors wanted to do some sign tests. we were working with her for about an hour, basically pissing her off. asking her to do this and that. eventually the doctor said "can you put your thumb up?" she shook her head no if you know her you would know that's a good thing, she wont do anything she doesn't want to do, she's stubborn. so we're all happy since we know she still has her personality. then the doctor says "do you want the tubes out of your throat?" she shook her head to say yes. the doctor says "then you gotta do a thumbs up" she immediately does it and that was all they had to see. so all in all a good day.
they put her back under. she does have pneumonia and a swollen throat from them having a hard time getting the vent in. so she will be out for another day or two waiting for the steroids and anti biotics. so yeah we're just waiting for the pneumonia and swollen throat to heal but that's nothing. today was good. best case scenario happened. :smile:

Good to hear, fam. :nthat:

Best wishes from here on out.

cant imagine what they are going through

Prayers go out to you fam!!! I'm sure she'll be ok!!

just read the update...

awesome news man :smokin

Last edited:
yeah bro, it was terrible at first as you could imagine. not knowing what would happen etc. we're all in good spirits now though. people can finally sleep.

nthat.gif
Glad she's alright & hoping for a speedy recovery!!!

:nthat: Glad she's alright & hoping for a speedy recovery!!!

thanks brother, just waiting for her to rest up and hopefully she'll be up in no time eating and drinking. planning on bringing her best friend up there when she is up and says she wants to see her. i'm good friends with her friends dad, known him forever. we don't want her to see her like she is now but they'll be real happy to see each other when she's off all the stuff.

That is great to hear, man! It must have been a traumatic experience for her at such a young age. I wish her a speedy recovery.

That is great to hear, man! It must have been a traumatic experience for her at such a young age. I wish her a speedy recovery.

I'm hoping she doesn't remember. Alot of the time you lose a day or two of memeory before the traumatic event.

For sure goldmember. But to be real I haven't even thought two seconds about Christmas.

glad to hear she's doin well!

can't imagine what you and you fam have been though.

Back
Top Bottom