Please lock.

Too bad he always forgot to throw like that against Wlad. Barely beat Marco Huck coming up :lol: I'll never forget that.

Random question but has maidana fought all of his previous fights in those oven mitts? And I wonder if they will push for those again In His next fight.

Last edited:
Random question but has maidana fought all of his previous fights in those oven mitts? And I wonder if they will push for those again In His next fight.

Yes, and a lot of fighters use those gloves and it's never been an issue.

They're the Everlast MX gloves.

Last edited:

So what's the difference they had him use powerlock they're both everlast. Idk if certain gloves have more padding than others but those blue joints looked broken in and thin

So what's the difference they had him use powerlock they're both everlast. Idk if certain gloves have more padding than others but those blue joints looked broken in and thin

According to Team Garcia and the Everlast rep, the gloves were custom painted and they didnt package them properly so they got wrinkled. The commission rejected that pair because it looked tampered. But team Garcia had a red pair of stock MX's that the commission approved. However, Mayweather rejected that pair too. When Mayweather compared the MX's to his Grants it is laughable, because he specifically chose those Grants with more padding to protect his brittle hands.

Last edited:

The MX glove is padded differently than the powerlock. Just because they're both Everlast doesn't mean they're all the same. The MX is more of a punchers glove, but like I said, it's used by a lot of boxers and it's never been a problem. Gloves make a difference in a fight, especially if a fighter is forced to fight with a glove they're not accustomed to.

The MX glove is padded differently than the powerlock. Just because they're both Everlast doesn't mean they're all the same. The MX is more of a punchers glove, but like I said, it's used by a lot of boxers and it's never been a problem. Gloves make a difference in a fight, especially if a fighter is forced to fight with a glove they're not accustomed to.

agreed. out of reps.

Shane Mosley was supposed to wear Everlasts when he fought Mayweather, not sure if it was MX. He decided to wear Grants at the last minute. Makes me wonder, what if...

View media item 1000545
C'mon look at these bum *** gloves. These joints look like what your mom got you at Fedco as a kid so you could pretend to box then break your hands on something. As far as I'm concerned Robert Garcia tried to pull a fast one and got caught.

And for the record, we know for a fact that Maidana was encouraged to be dirty in the fight because you can clearly hear Garcia telling Chino to make it 'sucio.' So it's not really a stretch to assume he was trying to be slick with these no padding bum gloves.

Last edited:
View media item 1000545
C'mon look at these bum *** gloves. These joints look like what your mom got you at Fedco as a kid so you could pretend to box then break your hands on something. As far as I'm concerned Robert Garcia tried to pull a fast one and got caught.

And for the record, we know for a fact that Maidana was encouraged to be dirty in the fight because you can clearly hear Garcia telling Chino to make it 'sucio.' So it's not really a stretch to assume he was trying to be slick with these no padding bum gloves.

Those gloves are still irrelevant since they had some stock MX gloves there that HAD been approved by the commission, and he still wasn't allowed to wear them. Chino has always used those gloves, and it's never been an issue with anybody he's ever fought against. If the gloves were that big of an issue then Mayweather's side should have negotiated for another pair of gloves. That way Chino could have at least had a whole training camp to get accustomed with another pair.

Last edited:
Those gloves are still irrelevant since they had some stock MX gloves there that HAD been approved by the commission, and he still wasn't allowed to wear them. Chino has always used those gloves, and it's never been an issue with anybody he's ever fought against. If the gloves were that big of an issue then Mayweather's side should have negotiated for another pair of gloves. That way Chino could have at least had a whole training camp to get accustomed with another pair.
Could be, all I'm saying is let's not put the possibility of skullduggery past Team Maidana being that Robert Garcia wanted him to make it dirty. 

Nonito Donaire stopped in the 4th because of a huge gash a few hours ago, fight was in China.  This guy is a massive letdown IMO.

Last edited:
Garcia has been studying Floyd since he was training Victor Ortiz so he's noticed that Floyd uses his elbows during fights, I don't recall him asking Maidana to fight dirty against Broner.

As for the MX gloves it's still hard to believe the padding issue because the NSAC approved the stock pair and Cotto was allowed to use the same gloves two years ago.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer that makes for an interesting thought considering Mosley nearly folded him twice in the second round with pillow gloves.

Garcia has been studying Floyd since he was training Victor Ortiz so he's noticed that Floyd uses his elbows during fights, I don't recall him asking Maidana to fight dirty against Broner.

As for the MX gloves it's still hard to believe the padding issue because the NSAC approved the stock pair and Cotto was allowed to use the same gloves two years ago.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer that makes for an interesting thought considering Mosley nearly folded him twice in the second round with pillow gloves.

Ortiz was trained by Robert's brother. They're estranged.

Cottos wore MX's that were 10 oz. Mayweather campaigned for 8 oz gloves in that fight hoping he can bust Cotto's scar tissue face. Didnt happen for some reason.

Last edited:
Anybody know where I could get this shirt?
AejxBRVCMAE2Eo3.jpg

Speaking of Shawn Porter, he should reconsider going to the Uk to fight Brook after what just happened in the last 2 fights. :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom