Please lock.

So if you are trying to catch any of the under card fights before Nonito's main event, you won't see it on TV. You'll have to go to Top Rank's site.

Crazy.....

I've seen his last few fights and don't remember them saying anything about this, though apparently they did.

Crazy.

Guillermo Rigondeaux, Ruslan Provodnikov....when are we going to see these dudes break into the top tier of fighters where they deserve to be?

I've had Rigondeaux pegged as a Top 5 P4P fighter since his lopsided win over Donaire.  I can't see anyone from 118-126 beating him.  The reason he has been brought along so slowly is because Bob Arum treats him like a fighter of lesser talent.  He claims he doesn't bring fans, but he doesn't promote him well enough to make that happen.  I'd bet money Rigondeaux would thoroughly dominate Mikey Garcia, Leo Santa Cruz and the winner of Lomanchenko and Russell Jr.

I didn't know anything about Adonis past about being a pimp. Thanks for the article it did say it happened about 14 years ago.

i remember reading something about that crazy stuff. once you become champ its almost as if your past goes away.

Anyways pretty awesome fight weekend coming soon who do you guys have for the upcoming fights?

i remember reading something about that crazy stuff. once you become champ its almost as if your past goes away.

Anyways pretty awesome fight weekend coming soon who do you guys have for the upcoming fights?

I got Groves and Degale winning. However, I will not be surprised if Brandon Gonzales pulls off the upset. He is quite unknown and underrated.

That's the fight I need to watch. Gonzales is a local guy and my boy was his sparring partner for a long time. Does anybody know where I can watch it? Is it illegal to ask for a stream if no network in the US is showing it? I don't think there's a legal way to watch it.

Last edited:
That's the fight I need to watch. Gonzales is a local guy and my boy was his sparring partner for a long time. Does anybody know where I can watch it? Is it illegal to ask for a stream if no network in the US is showing it? I don't think there's a legal way to watch it.

HBO will show Froch vs Groves. It's not clear whether or not they will broadcast Degale vs Gonzales. Some sources online have it listed, others do not.

I'm pretty sure HBO is only showing one fight during the day and one fight at night on a tape delay. I'll see if I can double check though.

I'm pretty sure HBO is only showing one fight during the day and one fight at night on a tape delay. I'll see if I can double check though.

I think I saw them doing a full card starting at midnight EST after the Cotto/Martinez 24/7 and 2 Days with Martinez.

It was the Froch/Groves delay, I think Donaire and maybe a few other fights. Can't remember which. Didn't check on the afternoon though.

It's pretty common knowledge, I saw an Ellie Seckbach video where he asked him about it. Adonis insisted he was a body guard.

Seems like more than a few people in here weren't aware of the story so not sure how common it is.

Which I'm fine with. Normally the media would have a field day with something like this.

No need to dwell on something from so long ago. Thought it was ridiculous that they still went after Vick for the dogfighting **** when the Jets signed him.

Really came in to say I'm sparring for the first time in years this Sunday. Been doing crazy amounts of 5 minute rounds on the mitts and trainer told me it's time for the next step.

Pray for me. :lol:

Last edited:
Hopefully my reading comprehension doesn't **** this up again :lol:

The HBO broadcast will open with same-day taped coverage - about a six-hour delay -- of Simpiwe Vetyeka (26-2, 16 KOs) of South Africa making his first featherweight title defense against The Filipino Flash, Nonito Donaire (32-2, 21 KOs) from Cotai Arena at the Venetian Macao in Macau, China.

On the Sky Box Office pay-per-view in Great Britain, the Froch-Groves II card also will feature England's 2008 Olympic gold medalist James DeGale against Brandon Gonzales of Sacramento, Calif., in a super middleweight title eliminator in which the winner will earn a mandatory shot against the main event winner, England's Jamie McDonnell faces Tabtimdaeng Na Rachawat of Thailand for a vacant bantamweight title, British lightweight Kevin Mitchell meets Ghislain Maduma of Montreal in an eliminator for the right to challenge world titleholder Miguel Vazquez and 2012 British Olympic super heavyweight Anthony Joshua faces Matt Legg in a scheduled eight-round bout.

So it sounds like us watching on regular HBO will start at 4PM ET with the tape delay of Nonito's fight only from Macau while Gonzales/DeGale goes on in London. Then right to Froch/Groves II. Now, if you wanna catch Vic D's fight or any other under card from Macau, you gotta go on TR's site around 7:30AM ET.

If you wanna see the 4th greatest middleweight champion of all time AKA Felix ******* Sturm, his fight is gonna on ESPN3 tomorrow at 5PM ET.

Any picks this weekend? I'm thinking Froch by KO, DeGale and Nonito/Vic to both lose.

Last edited:
illphillip illphillip

You were right about the live card at midnight:

At midnight on HBO2 and HBO Latino is a live card from Las Vegas headlined by Javier Fortuna. HBO also has the first 24/7 Cotto-Martinez episode tomorrow night as well.

So it sounds like us watching on regular HBO will start at 4PM ET with the tape delay of Nonito's fight only from Macau while Gonzales/DeGale goes on in London. Then right to Froch/Groves II.

I hope it'll be on for me at 1pm PST then, HBO has it listed at 4pm PST for my cable provider :smh:.

I'm picking Froch

The purse bid for Porter vs Brook takes place next week I've never seen Brook fight. Id rather see Porter vs Thurman.

He's okay. Hasn't really taken big steps development wise IMO. Thought he'd have been over here a while ago and be one of those participants in the deep WW class and take some steps. Should have been here 3 years ago but the fool wants to wait for a Khan fight :lol:

Speaking of that clown, in his eyes PBF is now ducking him because he won't change his September date to accommodate a fight.

Back
Top Bottom