Please Don't Call Me African-American....Im BLACK

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Good points by various people in this thread.
But i'm sticking by what I said. Please don't call me African-American.

Its a term that doesn't really fit me just because my skin is dark. My great-grandfather was 100% Italian, you can still see him in my nose. My fathers family has Cherokee Indian blood **just like EVERY black in the south claims lol**. All im saying is that Im way more than just "african-american" call me BLACK. thank you.

Yep, it's up to you to decide whatever the hell you wanna be called. It's all bull$$#t anyways. My main message in this thread is for certain black NTers not to come at me with that "Uncle Tom" and "We are all the same and united" and "They stole out heritage" nonsense, because the truth is the African diaspora is very diverse.

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

Its always all about you.
You do the same mess in every thread.
It's become sickening.

I feel ya Anton, i dont like anyone coming at me with some "get educated" mess like they can tell my level of education cause they don't agree. lol but that comes with life

That's great that you don't want to called African American, but understand that as long as you live in this country, you'll probably be classified as such. You can keep fighting the good fight if you want.

As long as you know who are, what does it matter what they label you? If it bothers you that much, just don't answer the question.

I'm not into arguing foolishness. I know what they mean sun they say black, African American, or whatever. At least they no longer classify us with the six letter word...to our faces at least.

That's great that you don't want to called African American, but understand that as long as you live in this country, you'll probably be classified as such. You can keep fighting the good fight if you want.

As long as you know who are, what does it matter what they label you? If it bothers you that much, just don't answer the question.

I'm not into arguing foolishness. I know what they mean sun they say black, African American, or whatever. At least they no longer classify us with the six letter word...to our faces at least.

Its a term that doesn't really fit me just because my skin is dark. My great-grandfather was 100% Italian, you can still see him in my nose. My fathers family has Cherokee Indian blood **just like EVERY black in the south claims lol**. All im saying is that Im way more than just "african-american" call me BLACK. thank you.

Yep, it's up to you to decide whatever the hell you wanna be called. It's all bull$$#t anyways. My main message in this thread is for certain black NTers not to come at me with that "Uncle Tom" and "We are all the same and united" and "They stole out heritage" nonsense, because the truth is the African diaspora is very diverse.

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

It's become sickening.

Yes it is about me, and calling "black" people out on the same ignorant behavior they accuse other groups of people of being.

You can't play the "white people judge me based on my skin color" card yet expect all black people to act or be a certain way. Double standards and contradictions FTL. This thread just gives me ammo for future discussions on those topics.

carry on.
Son you have issues.

The topic of this thread is dealing race entitlement not the blaming game you intriguingly think its about.

Are things in your life bothering you so much to where you can't even discuss racial issues
without showing your disgusit for Blacks/African-Americans/Negors etc.....?

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

It's become sickening.

Yes it is about me, and calling "black" people out on the same ignorant behavior they accuse other groups of people of being.

You can't play the "white people judge me based on my skin color" card yet expect all black people to act or be a certain way. Double standards and contradictions FTL. This thread just gives me ammo for future discussions on those topics.

carry on.
Son you have issues.

The topic of this thread is dealing race entitlement not the blaming game you intriguingly think its about.

Are things in your life bothering you so much to where you can't even discuss racial issues

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Decades from now being called Black American will be the complaint.

And for "black" people who want to be referred to as Americans......are you insinuating we get rid of such labels as African American/ Latino American on college/ job applications/ census/ nominal data for health and epidemiological research etc?

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Decades from now being called Black American will be the complaint.

And for "black" people who want to be referred to as Americans......are you insinuating we get rid of such labels as African American/ Latino American on college/ job applications/ census/ nominal data for health and epidemiological research etc?

I feel ya Anton, i dont like anyone coming at me with some "get educated" mess like they can tell my level of education cause they don't agree. lol but that comes with life
If I recall it was you who used those exact words.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by torgriffith

But why do Carib./Afr. get mad at EACH OTHER when OTHER people are labeling them wrong? I don't understand the beef.

when you go down there it's not just the Caribbean islands as one culture. Each island has it;s own distinct culture down there. Sorta like a big city with with a bunch of different hoods where people can tell where you from by the way you talk, dress, act, what you eat etc. The islands are more polarized because the geography isolates each individual group.  To an american, all West Indian people have Jamaican accents. But to a West Indian, A Trinidad doesn't sound like a Jamaican. Someone from Grenada can tell if someone is from Barbados.  Plus different islands were owned by different colonial powers like one group of island being british colonies, while the next set may be french etc. European influence plays a big roll on the cultures variety too. Even to now.
I understand all of that but you didn't answer my question.
laugh.gif

Why don't Caribbean folks mess with Africans. Anyone?
Hierchy, like anywhere else people find a way to seperate themselves.

As far as a tangible difference, slaves in the Carribean for the most part were educated by their master

Originally Posted by torgriffith

But why do Carib./Afr. get mad at EACH OTHER when OTHER people are labeling them wrong? I don't understand the beef.

when you go down there it's not just the Caribbean islands as one culture. Each island has it;s own distinct culture down there. Sorta like a big city with with a bunch of different hoods where people can tell where you from by the way you talk, dress, act, what you eat etc. The islands are more polarized because the geography isolates each individual group.  To an american, all West Indian people have Jamaican accents. But to a West Indian, A Trinidad doesn't sound like a Jamaican. Someone from Grenada can tell if someone is from Barbados.  Plus different islands were owned by different colonial powers like one group of island being british colonies, while the next set may be french etc. European influence plays a big roll on the cultures variety too. Even to now.
I understand all of that but you didn't answer my question.
laugh.gif

Why don't Caribbean folks mess with Africans. Anyone?
Hierchy, like anywhere else people find a way to seperate themselves.

As far as a tangible difference, slaves in the Carribean for the most part were educated by their master

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

It's become sickening.

carry on.
Son you have issues.

lol true, i forgot i said educated....u said "come around"
whatever lol. But honestly im not playing a "blame game" lmao
And where is my disgust for the black race?

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

It's become sickening.

carry on.
Son you have issues.

lol true, i forgot i said educated....u said "come around"
whatever lol. But honestly im not playing a "blame game" lmao
And where is my disgust for the black race?

If everyone born here gets the label of "American", there would be confusion as to who is who. As long as the government needs to know our race, we will have our label.What difference does it make if we are the Americans, and the whites are the "European Americans"? This is nonsense.

If everyone born here gets the label of "American", there would be confusion as to who is who. As long as the government needs to know our race, we will have our label.What difference does it make if we are the Americans, and the whites are the "European Americans"? This is nonsense.

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

It's become sickening.

carry on.
Son you have issues.

-My life is great
pimp.gif
.....I'm living way better than 99.9 percent of the people on this planet but thanks for your concern.

-If you haven't noticed from my attitude in the religion thread, I call other groups of people out on their hypocritical, self-righteous bullcrap as well. White people and other groups on NT don't make threads like this. If they did, I'd be in there roasting as well. Black people aint special. That's the most unracist thing someone could possibly say, black people are guilty of a lot of the same bull%$#/ignorance they blame other races for.

-When you give your own opinions I have deemed moronical, do I ask you how things in your sad life are going. Get off your high horse.
laugh.gif

INIDIVIDUALISM FTW

It's become sickening.

carry on.
Son you have issues.

-My life is great
pimp.gif
.....I'm living way better than 99.9 percent of the people on this planet but thanks for your concern.

-If you haven't noticed from my attitude in the religion thread, I call other groups of people out on their hypocritical, self-righteous bullcrap as well. White people and other groups on NT don't make threads like this. If they did, I'd be in there roasting as well. Black people aint special. That's the most unracist thing someone could possibly say, black people are guilty of a lot of the same bull%$#/ignorance they blame other races for.

-When you give your own opinions I have deemed moronical, do I ask you how things in your sad life are going. Get off your high horse.
laugh.gif

so your getting mad that people are being too politically correct around what to call you... maybe thats why they have to be too politically correct..

so your getting mad that people are being too politically correct around what to call you... maybe thats why they have to be too politically correct..

Back
Top Bottom