*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

I think he broke his nose and hurt his leg or something against the Bears but he's supposed to play this week. He's actually played well this year he's top 15 among OLBs according to Pro Football Focus I believe. Albeit on limited snaps.

Last edited:
im super impressed with Wentz poise....this is why none of here are scouts...remember a lot of people here weren't feeling the kid before he even played...he is looking promising and should get better as his confidence increases....but he does need to learn how to slide quickly...

if ASJ wasn't such a head case he would be the perfect pickup for us..

we need to replace celek soon.. and ASJ would be perfect in that extension of the OLine TE that slips out periodically for catches role

Burton can play. I'm not too worried about finding a replacement for celek. Trey should be next in line
you gotta think about them 3 separately, with different roles (ertz = tony gonzalez, trey = aaron hernandez or chris cooley).. having all 3 is what can make our offense special (once we find 1 consistent WR who can push safeties deep or beat 1 on 1 coverage cosnistently)

gotta remember celek is 31 now and has had a couple injuries now.. sure we can get a big guy who can be a extension of the line, but having that person be able to slip out periodically and make the defense have to account for him or that element opens things for other guys (or takes advantage of defense not accounting for them)

I don't want ertz or trey to have to be inline blockers THAT much.. and really that 3rd guy will probably get the most snaps of them all, while getting wayyy lower receptions.. because they'll always be in there for blocking purposes

ASJ fits that bill, dude was recruited out of high school to play tackle.. but then you gotta deal with him as a head case 

celek's role aint glamorous (cause really we looking at 30 maybe 40 at the most catches all season).. but we need it or you're telegraphing plays

Last edited:
One decent-good CB would be huge for us.. Allow us to do so much with our secondary

One decent-good CB would be huge for us.. Allow us to do so much with our secondary

We had Rowe

I think his best spot is safety, make him a SS.. Let him cover TEs, big WRs and RBs out the backfield

I want us to sign Gilmore, obviously that comes down to Schwartz still being around and signing off on it.. Might be a big free agent CB signing that actually works unlike the last two (nnamdi and Maxwell)

Last edited:
These refs better keep calling holding.. Our dline working them upfront right now

Last edited:
Like that we are getting Smallwood involved early.. Need to get barner in there too

If those guys show something, we can move Ryan Mathews and/or sproles

Back
Top Bottom