*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

I'm hoping DGB turns out to be the real deal. It'll make me feel a little better about giving DJack up for nothing

With the way Huff has played tonight, and the lack of any PT for Randle, Huff will be WR4.

Randle will be cut.

Sam can be a good QB in this league, I will always stand by this

Hes a perfect bus driver but he'll never be a QB who will carry his team which is fine. Denver is mad stupid IMO he would've been the perfect fit to take over that team and get them right back to where they want to be. With Thomas/Sanders Sam would've been able to put in serious work with that squad.

I think Sam will have a real decent season again despite the mediocre talent around him on offense.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Brings a tear to my eye, how long has it been since we've seen a successful fade route?
Its been YEARS, probably even before DJax.
No one since TO

Huff is making this team because of tonight

Randle RIP

At this point I'm looking at our WRs based on what they can offer on special teams.. Agholor was good on returns at USC.. I throw him and huff back there on kickoffs

We just need 1 to stretch the field

Since I expect our offense to be Jordan, TEs and RBs.. Hopefully dgb gives us a legit WR threat, since I see Jordan as a glorified TE..

Our offense can still be really really effective with the above.. But we need someone that could at least force the safety deep or make them at least think about someone down the field

Last edited:
At this point I'm looking at our WRs based on what they can offer on special teams.. Agholor was good on returns at USC.. I throw him and huff back there on kickoffs

We just need 1 to stretch the field

Since I expect our offense to be Jordan, TEs and RBs.. Hopefully dgb gives us a legit WR threat, since I see Jordan as a glorified TE..

Our offense can still be really really effective with the above.. But we need someone that could at least force the safety deep or make them at least think about someone down the field

I'm just very high on DGB, he had top 10 pick talent and hope he can get it straight this year

Definitely has the talent.. But we'll see if he has finally calmed down and gets his act together

Hell could have had both..

That's why you never go into the draft with a fixed definitive plan.. Just like a fantasy draft, you don't go in with a set mindset that you are going to a specific position and have to address a specific need.. Take the highest rated guy and develop and you can make moves later on

We should have moved back again instead of taking Marcus smith.. And could have had both Matthews and Robinson, we did have the need at WR even with desean and/or maclin.. And kkkooper was always going be limited

eagles '02 draft is a perfect example of the above.. Just take the best guys and you can develop em and have cheaper labour.. And/or you can move em for picks later on

Randle and Givens both gone. We're going to be really young at WR but I like it, Turner is probably making the squad

Here are the roster cuts that were made today via 24/7 Sports.

LS John DePalma

CB Randall Evans

OL Andrew Gardner

WR Chris Givens

DT Mike Martin

S Nick Perry

WR Rueben Randle

CB Denzel Rice

Wentz a possibility for Thursday.

"He worked out tonight again and went through a full workout," Pederson said. "He's in a position to possibly play next week. He's still a little bit sore, but we'll monitor that. I don't want to jeopardize him by any stretch of the imagination, but if he's ready to go, he'll play next Thursday."

I'm wondering how Jacorey Shepard has looked, he was last years camp talk before the injury

Last edited:
Finally getting to watch the 3rd preseason game..

This dude agholor causing that INT :smh:

Love what they are doing with huff and burton

Agholor should be glued to the bench..

Used DGB and Matthews as the outside guys.. And continue to do crossing/movement stuff with sproles, huff and burton.. And moving around ertz to traditional TE spots

Full game uploaded on YouTube if anyone hasn't seen it:

Last edited:
Is JMatt going to be running more then 1 route?

Gotta assume, since that looks like where they are going use the shifty guys on that type route (huff and trey).. Could also see sproles used there too, but they seem to be using him more on the outside when they motion him out of the backfield

But makes sense, use your size guys on the outside.. Ertz, DGB and Matthews.. And those 3 guys can block on the edges for the above guys and backs on running plays

And celek is a glorified lineman

Last edited:
BG guys brought up a good point about potentially trading wisniewski to the colts with their center going down.. Considering his salary

Also what is the latest on lane's suspension?

EDIT:
Kinda agree with this.. Think we try to move wisniewski for reason stated above (continue trying to move hart.. And possibly agholor too.. And saw rumors of Rowe early and Kendricks recently).. We'll see if Turner makes it:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/391948281.html?mobi=true

And also whatever happens with lane's suspension could impact number of oline carried (9 or 10)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom