Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

I can respect if you're thinking is sports really don't matter in the big picture, no use spending so much time and energy in fandom.
But you're promoting abandoning ship when it gets tough and then to come back when every team has a chance again.
I knew since way back you were a fake @#$ fan. And please don't ever try and bash on Cowboy fans again like you used to always do, for any reason.
You have no credibility. YOU should banned from the Eagles team thread.
:smh:
:lol: You were here in 2005, right? That squad was much worse, but they were somewhat enjoyable to watch at least.

It's not the losing that isn't fun. It's the lack of discipline, failure to make change, failure to execute the fundamentals of the game that makes this product intolerable to watch for me. Call me a fake fan all you want.

laugh.gif You were here in 2005, right? That squad was much worse, but they were somewhat enjoyable to watch at least.
- - - -
It's not the losing that isn't fun. It's the lack of discipline, failure to make change, failure to execute the fundamentals of the game that makes this product intolerable to watch for me. Call me a fake fan all you want.

That year was an aberration in the middle of all the successful years he Eagles had consecutively. I doubt you toughed it out
moreso than chalked that year up to the injuries.

- - - - -

That stuff goes hand in hand with a team that's losing and I find it hilarious but also sad that now that the Eagles are losing and look like they might have to go through a rebuilding phase* all of a sudden you have much better things to do with your time. That is such a weak justification.

You're a football groupie. And not only that you're trying to recruit others to do the same; less shameful when you have company, huh?

But whatever man, do you.

*Even sadder that given the Eagles track record of shrewdness and their ridiculous cap space for next year
they're turn around is going to be way quicker than the average team.

Last note, seriously don't ever bash on cowboys' fans (or any group) again. You've ceded that right.

Edit: A super small part of me wishes the Eagles have an amazing turnaround just to see what you would do. Then I realize you wouldn't have any shame and continue to celebrate like you just weren't advocating ditching the team so you could free up your Sundays for nature walks and @#$%.
Plus it would contradict the hopes I have for my team.

Still if I there was a way to see but not have it count on some twilight zone @#$% I'd do it.

Last edited:
Why do you care so much? Really, why? You just said some part of you actually hopes that the Eagles turn it around just to spite me. You hate me that much?

And yeah, I am a little busy traveling the country interviewing for residency, in the midst of time consuming clinical research, and trying to manage my wealth on a daily basis. So I do have better things to do.

I never ever said we are rebuilding. I don't believe that at all.

And no more bashing Cowboys fans? Ok, now I might cry.

Have a good day buddy. Hope you keep wasting your time in the Eagles thread.

^ Please don't tell me that I haven't had it that bad when the franchise has been "close" but has yet to win a Super Bowl in their history. The only team that can tell me not to be mad is the Lions.

I think Browns fans have it the worst out of everybody. On one of our worse days we still beat them lol

"Fandom" like yours bothers me, can't explain why just does. And it has nothing to do with you personally. It could have been: a different Eagle fan, Cowboy fan, or my mother; I would have said the same. I don't give a !@#$ about you. and I guess you glossed over where I said an Eagles turnaround
contradicts my interest in my team, plus I'd already know how you'd act. You want to go on fan hiatus because you're team isn't doing well. And
it's under the guise of being time efficient. Yeah, ok >D.

And wouldn't you be the one wasting your time in the Eagles season thread. You got better things to do, right?

Last edited:
im ready for gruden to take over as head coach, what do use think fam ?
[h3] Jon Gruden Mobbed by Eagles Fans at Airport, is (Allegedly) Interested in Coaching Again[/h3]

Reader Christian sent along this photo, allegedly taken Tuesday morning, of Jon Gruden at the New Orleans airport, where he was "mobbed" by Eagles fans.

You can imagine what came up:
Coach Gruden is mobbed by Eagles fans begging him to come back through Philly. Really nice and friendly with everyone. Basically was told that he needs to come back to Philly. He joked you already kicked me out before? Took pictures and answered questions.
Credit to Chucky for humoring what was likely a few dozen angry-hangovered Eagles fans at 9 a.m., but it doesn’t sound like he was willing to answer the question: Would you want to coach the Eagles?

Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com may have done that for him.

According to this report, Gruden is, not surprisingly, considering coaching again. He’s also, apparently, eyeing potential staff members. One of them? A Juanderful choice.
One coach that Gruden is said to be interested in is fired Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo. The long-time Eagles assistant was on the same staff with Gruden in Philadelphia under former head coach Ray Rhodes. Castillo was an offensive assistant and tight ends coach while Gruden was the offensive coordinator. Following Gruden's departure for Oakland, Castillo remained to work under Andy Reid as a tight ends coach, offensive line coach and defensive coordinator. Reid and Gruden have also coached together, and Castillo carries a significant endorsement from Reid.

Sources have said that Gruden's return to coaching is dependent on it being a perfect situation. He isn't interested in smaller-market teams like those he has coached at previously. Gruden wants a big-market team with good ownership and some talent on the roster. Thus, teams like Dallas, Philadelphia and the New York Jets could be potential landing spots if they make a change.
That’s a fairly vague, and somewhat obvious. And I’m mostly unfamiliar with Campbell’s track record. But, how goddamn hilarious would it be for Gruden to take Reid’s spot and then bring back fired defensive coordinator Castillo to coach on offense? Juan gets the laugh jaja!

Related: Reader Adam, a "business analyst" who probably spent way too much time on this email at his place of employment, doesn't want Gruden, and he did a nice job of backing up his stance. Read it after the jump.

Adam:

People who want him as Head Coach are out of their God Damn minds!!!

A quick visit to www.pro-football-reference.com is all that is needed.

Take a look at his teams W/L records. He had two straight good seasons with an Oakland Raiders team that was loaded with HOF veterans who were in the final chapter of their careers. A good indication of how much a coach didn’t matter on those Oakland teams is that Bill Callahan took that very same team to the Super Bowl the year “Chucky” left. Yes, the same Bill Callahan who went 27-22 at Nebraska and was canned after 5 subpar seasons.

Gruden followed up those two decent years at Oakland with a 12-4 season and a Super Bowl courtesy of Tony Dungey, who was responsible for building that Buccaneers team. Jon quickly took that team from Super Bowl Champs to back to back sub .500 seasons. He had one last good year in ’05 when Cadillac Williams took the league by storm as a rookie and Chris Simms surprised a lot of people with his solid play.

He then promptly when 4-12 with the same team he won 11 games with the year before. Then people forget the HUGE mess he created at the QB position when seemingly started collecting every scrap heap veteran available. He completely screwed over Jeff Garcia after the success he had filling in for the Eagles. And if anyone has paid attention to the last 3+ years of MNF Jon Gruden is certifiably NUTS. That dude is f’ing bat **** and he is the LAST person that should be replacing Andy Reid.

I am driving the “Fire Andy” bandwagon, and I’ve been on it for years, you know this, I even sent you a re-cap of his draft picks a few years back, highlighting how terrible they were. But if I were given the choice of keeping Reid or hiring Gruden, I’m sticking with Andy.

Last edited:
Jest checking back in saying I miss you guys. I'm still here, win or lose. :lol:

Frustrating season so far to say the least. Thought I'd spend my 4,000th post where my heart belongs. lol.

See you guys later.

i'll take gruden as the coach as long he doesn't run the draft which i know he would probably want to do
he's terrible at evaluating talent because he likes everybody and just look at his picks in tampa

i'll also take ray horton or todd bowles as the hc

colts have like half our backups from last year

Yo please just beat the brakes off of Dallas, all I ask at this point :lol: like I will not be able to stomach getting beat by those scrubs, lettuce pray

Wow. Haven't seen us toss a bomb like that all season. Good stuff. Back in the game now.

I don't get how as soon as Vick gets hurt they change the gameplan to what it should have been all year long :smh:

^ And I agree with that... whatever they are doing now, they should have been doing all along with Vick. :smh:

I have no idea what has happened, but the blocking has been 1000% better than at any time this season.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are surprised about Foles potentially being a good player; in 2011 everyone had him in the 1st round of the draft until he decided to return

I don't get why people are surprised about Foles potentially being a good player; in 2011 everyone had him in the 1st round of the draft until he decided to return

Im not really surprised. First, its the cowboys. Secondary is garbage. Foles "quick release" has almost ended up in 2 picks and gotten maclin murdered. But as you said, they are running the ball all of a sudden now

its sorta like when Garcia came in years ago and the playcalling changed completely for the better. Then when mcnabb came back, it changed back

Last edited:
The playcalling still making me :smh:.

We been getting bailed out on a couple of penalties but run the ******G BALL

Im not really surprised. First, its the cowboys. Secondary is garbage. Foles "quick release" has almost ended up in 2 picks and gotten maclin murdered. But as you said, they are running the ball all of a sudden now
its sorta like when Garcia came in years ago and the playcalling changed completely for the better. Then when mcnabb came back, it changed back

I am not talking about this game; I am talking about the potential he displayed in the pre-season

he would basically be Ryan Tannehill like had he come out in 2011; a first round pick who moved up due to his position

Back
Top Bottom