PHANTOM BIBLICAL PASSAGES?

Originally Posted by Wr

I just watched a documentary where they studied the brain activity of rem sleep vs. conscious brain. A person sleeping has the same brain activity of someone in a comma, or someone having a acid trip, a near death experience, or being dead and coming back to life. It's really a trick of the mind how it can override the centers of the brain to separate a person's awareness away from the dimension of time we perceive when we are conscious. Also the same activity of a schizophrenic person and someone who has a disorder where they experience time flying by like your driving 100 miles per hour, but your sitting still somewhere.

The human brain is fascinating and very complex indeed

REM sleep is dubbed "paradoxical sleep" because it's actually the same brain activity (EEG pattern) as a someone that is awake.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Another question, for those that believe in Heaven, please be real with me.

When we die, does the concept of boredom leave our souls because what would be fun drinking milk and honey while on our knees praising God all day? That can't be fun at all. Come on people. Folks only want to go to Heaven because they don't want to go to Hell.

LOL... when I was a kid, I was like man... Heaven is going to be boring... But no way will Heaven to boring..  We will still have things to do, but no concept of time, no sin, no teams.  Eternal Paradise.  Glorified Bodies....  Plenty of ppl who died and came back to life, that have shared a glimpse of Heaven.  You should check some of them out..

1. Check who out? Honestly, why and how can I trust that what they say is legit? Do you have any links/resources?

2. When you say, "we will still have things to do" things like what? How will we not be bored? So are you saying that boredom is no longer a feeling?

Originally Posted by Wr

When we die, does the concept of boredom leave our souls because what would be fun drinking milk and honey while on our knees praising God all day? That can't be fun at all. Come on people. Folks only want to go to Heaven because they don't want to go to Hell.
From my understanding, to enter heaven one must return in a new born body which is why all the religions speak about being reborn of the spiritual waters, or holy water. The description of the body in this state is being "full" of the holy spirit. The fullness is not like being full from a pizza and your gonna be hungry tomorrow. But you are full from the spiritual waters that sustain you and you desire nothing else outside of you anymore because the spiritual waters sustain you. 
The devil will lie to you and convince you that hell is some place deep down below, when you might already be living in what is categorized as hell. 

If God wants to punish you, sending you to hell is too easy, because you will just live your life accordingly to being in hell. If god really wanted to punish you, he would make it to where you cease to exist which is far worst the anything else according to the legacy if religions all across the world. Life/ existence is a gift from the creator.
From my perspective, the bible is a book about evolution. Not about keeping things the same, like some fanatics believe. 

That same logic the church uses to make people fear hell is the same thing interrogators do to lead suspects into false "confessions". It's just using someone's own fear against them. Fear is a response to a negative action. Not the reason you should do right. 

Being "Born Again" has nothing to do with the Body..  If a person is Bald before accepting Christ, they will still be bald after they accept Christ.  Its a spiritual birth.  

Originally Posted by Wr

From my understanding, to enter heaven one must return in a new born body which is why all the religions speak about being reborn of the spiritual waters, or holy water. The description of the body in this state is being "full" of the holy spirit. The fullness is not like being full from a pizza and your gonna be hungry tomorrow. But you are full from the spiritual waters that sustain you and you desire nothing else outside of you anymore because the spiritual waters sustain you. 
The devil will lie to you and convince you that hell is some place deep down below, when you might already be living in what is categorized as hell. 

If God wants to punish you, sending you to hell is too easy, because you will just live your life accordingly to being in hell. If god really wanted to punish you, he would make it to where you cease to exist which is far worst the anything else according to the legacy if religions all across the world. Life/ existence is a gift from the creator.
From my perspective, the bible is a book about evolution. Not about keeping things the same, like some fanatics believe. 

That same logic the church uses to make people fear hell is the same thing interrogators do to lead suspects into false "confessions". It's just using someone's own fear against them. Fear is a response to a negative action. Not the reason you should do right. 

Being "Born Again" has nothing to do with the Body..  If a person is Bald before accepting Christ, they will still be bald after they accept Christ.  Its a spiritual birth.  

Believe what you want, but as long as were alive no one will ever have an answer on how it started.

Scientist chase theories

Religious people chase heavenly thoughts.

You don't have to be religious or a scientist to know that life is as mysterious as a woman's thinking patterns. So put down the bibles, put down the telescopes, throw away your money, step outside of your cage, and open your eyes to what the world has provided us. Air,Water,land, and plentiful of food.

Btw Anton I eRespect you, but you show just as much zealotry as the rest.

PEACE

Believe what you want, but as long as were alive no one will ever have an answer on how it started.

Scientist chase theories

Religious people chase heavenly thoughts.

You don't have to be religious or a scientist to know that life is as mysterious as a woman's thinking patterns. So put down the bibles, put down the telescopes, throw away your money, step outside of your cage, and open your eyes to what the world has provided us. Air,Water,land, and plentiful of food.

Btw Anton I eRespect you, but you show just as much zealotry as the rest.

PEACE

LOL... when I was a kid, I was like man... Heaven is going to be boring... But no way will Heaven to boring..  We will still have things to do, but no concept of time, no sin, no teams.  Eternal Paradise.  Glorified Bodies....  Plenty of ppl who died and came back to life, that have shared a glimpse of Heaven.  You should check some of them out..

1. Check who out? Honestly, why and how can I trust that what they say is legit? Do you have any links/resources?

2. When you say, "we will still have things to do" things like what? How will we not be bored? So are you saying that boredom is no longer a feeling?

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=close+encounters+of+the+god+kind

The link should give you 3 or 4 full videos.  The last one has a Q&A section. 
You can also check out 90 mins in Heaven.  
On the Subject of Hell,  check out "Kenneth E. Hagin's Book, "I went to Hell" 
All 3 are great reads. 

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=close+encounters+of+the+god+kind

The link should give you 3 or 4 full videos.  The last one has a Q&A section. 
You can also check out 90 mins in Heaven.  
On the Subject of Hell,  check out "Kenneth E. Hagin's Book, "I went to Hell" 
All 3 are great reads. 

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Keep running in circles about this foolishness. You never have anything new to say...what are you arguing? RELIGION IS NOT GOD.

You fall right into all their traps....thats why Africa is Hell on Earth..you *%%!%% don't get it....your too busy arguing about the bible passages.

If Jason Terry wants to thank god for his accomplishment what is the problem in that? I'm sure he donates more of his time/money to charity and the poor then you do
laugh.gif

And you call me salty? Your a sucker with a vendetta with god.
laugh.gif

Don't tell me my opinions don't matter when you believe everything the white man tells you but you don't believe in god OR YOUR OWN SOUL. You lose sir. 
Your a poster child for all the psyche-complexes of a black man...we all are in our own way...but the true colors are starting to show...what do you believe in? I demand better from you. Where is your heart? Theres real %%#! going ON with real importance to us man. Where is your conscious? Your ideology? Your nothing but a shadow of your true self chasing their goals. 
Vendetta with God? Are you kidding me, if God exists he's been nothing but good to me real talk. I'm "blessed"
ohwell.gif

LOL

Right on cue, dude brings race into the argument. Come on son....we can't make EVERY single thread about race.
laugh.gif

"Believing everything the white man tells you"--OH SWEET SWEET IRONY
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Jason Terry has more money to donate to the poor than I do........DUHHHHHH
grin.gif
. I don't donate to charity because I want something in return (like an NBA championship
eyes.gif
), I do it because of my perspective on life and I believe it's the right thing to do.  I could have easily been born into a less fortunate situation. And who's to say the players on the other team weren't donating to charity

You still haven't given me a good reason as to why Jason Terry deserved a championship more than the other team. Even better why God is answering J Terry's prayers yet forsaking so many that need their prayers answered so much more.

Keep running in circles about this foolishness. You never have anything new to say...what are you arguing? RELIGION IS NOT GOD.

You fall right into all their traps....thats why Africa is Hell on Earth..you *%%!%% don't get it....your too busy arguing about the bible passages.

If Jason Terry wants to thank god for his accomplishment what is the problem in that? I'm sure he donates more of his time/money to charity and the poor then you do
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Don't tell me my opinions don't matter when you believe everything the white man tells you but you don't believe in god OR YOUR OWN SOUL. You lose sir. 
Your a poster child for all the psyche-complexes of a black man...we all are in our own way...but the true colors are starting to show...what do you believe in? I demand better from you. Where is your heart? Theres real %%#! going ON with real importance to us man. Where is your conscious? Your ideology? Your nothing but a shadow of your true self chasing their goals. 
Vendetta with God? Are you kidding me, if God exists he's been nothing but good to me real talk. I'm "blessed"
ohwell.gif

LOL

Right on cue, dude brings race into the argument. Come on son....we can't make EVERY single thread about race.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Jason Terry has more money to donate to the poor than I do........DUHHHHHH
grin.gif
. I don't donate to charity because I want something in return (like an NBA championship
eyes.gif
), I do it because of my perspective on life and I believe it's the right thing to do.  I could have easily been born into a less fortunate situation. And who's to say the players on the other team weren't donating to charity

You still haven't given me a good reason as to why Jason Terry deserved a championship more than the other team. Even better why God is answering J Terry's prayers yet forsaking so many that need their prayers answered so much more.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Antwan, what are your thoughts on people using the "God doesn't think it is my time" argument in the face of failure? Recently, LeBronze said he didn't win a ring because God didn't think it was the right time. What goes through someone's mind that honestly feels
A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

About a basketball game. So because he doesn't think it is LeBronze's time to win, he also (for whatever reason) didn't think it was time for ANYONE related to the Miami Heat Organization? Really?

There is a convenient answer to every question in the bible, doesn't necessarily have to be based on reality. Jason Terry was getting a little carried away with the God stuff during the finals. Why in the world is God concerning himself with athletes and musicians?

BVK.jpg

How selfish do you have to be to think God only answers your prayer. What makes Jason Terry more deserving than the people on the opposite team who may have prayed for a championship?
God and his blessings are relative to him, just like they should be relative to someone who has a relationship to God themselves. If J. Terry feels that way, I congratulate him for having a feeling in his relationship like that and if am honest with myself, I can look at my relation and see similar things if I am not looking at the situation with a scornful/ jealous eye because. J.Terry is in man's spotlight because we see him on our t.v. "sets" he is still on of us. We as media consumers make the misnomer of labeling these people as stars. If these people are star's I guess they are suspended in the fictitious galaxy of the t.v.& internet universe. How could a star be walking around on planet earth. Damb, isn't that what Jesus was?
Our conditioning is to look at people on tv as Gods.  It is false idol worship. these people walk on the same ground we all walk on and if it were to be swept from underneath us like a rug, they would not be the "heroes" we make them out to be, but they would be yet another person looking for a savior like everyone else. 

Antwan, what are your thoughts on people using the "God doesn't think it is my time" argument in the face of failure? Recently, LeBronze said he didn't win a ring because God didn't think it was the right time. What goes through someone's mind that honestly feels
A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

About a basketball game. So because he doesn't think it is LeBronze's time to win, he also (for whatever reason) didn't think it was time for ANYONE related to the Miami Heat Organization? Really?

There is a convenient answer to every question in the bible, doesn't necessarily have to be based on reality. Jason Terry was getting a little carried away with the God stuff during the finals. Why in the world is God concerning himself with athletes and musicians?

BVK.jpg

How selfish do you have to be to think God only answers your prayer. What makes Jason Terry more deserving than the people on the opposite team who may have prayed for a championship?
God and his blessings are relative to him, just like they should be relative to someone who has a relationship to God themselves. If J. Terry feels that way, I congratulate him for having a feeling in his relationship like that and if am honest with myself, I can look at my relation and see similar things if I am not looking at the situation with a scornful/ jealous eye because. J.Terry is in man's spotlight because we see him on our t.v. "sets" he is still on of us. We as media consumers make the misnomer of labeling these people as stars. If these people are star's I guess they are suspended in the fictitious galaxy of the t.v.& internet universe. How could a star be walking around on planet earth. Damb, isn't that what Jesus was?
Our conditioning is to look at people on tv as Gods.  It is false idol worship. these people walk on the same ground we all walk on and if it were to be swept from underneath us like a rug, they would not be the "heroes" we make them out to be, but they would be yet another person looking for a savior like everyone else. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Eh, you could post a million emoticons in your post.. race does play a big factor in this.[/color]

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Eh, you could post a million emoticons in your post.. race does play a big factor in this.[/color]

Originally Posted by Wr

That was the point I was trying to make.

Originally Posted by Wr

That was the point I was trying to make.

My mans made the edit quick as hell 
laugh.gif

This thread is awesome minus the side arguments and pompous attitudes. Wr I'm beginning to enjoy your posts more and more with every thought provoking thread we have here.

My mans made the edit quick as hell 
laugh.gif

This thread is awesome minus the side arguments and pompous attitudes. Wr I'm beginning to enjoy your posts more and more with every thought provoking thread we have here.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You right doggie praise white Jesus and all great white men that came thereafter. The only Gods I can give my allegiances to are the Gods of my ancestors, the Ibo Gods but that's considered paganism today....so where does that leave me? Hmm I guess I'll adopt the same religion that was forced on African Americans during slavery and Ibo people during European imperialism. Very Afro-centric indeed.

Oh the irony.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You right doggie praise white Jesus and all great white men that came thereafter. The only Gods I can give my allegiances to are the Gods of my ancestors, the Ibo Gods but that's considered paganism today....so where does that leave me? Hmm I guess I'll adopt the same religion that was forced on African Americans during slavery and Ibo people during European imperialism. Very Afro-centric indeed.

Oh the irony.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

I just watched a documentary where they studied the brain activity of rem sleep vs. conscious brain. A person sleeping has the same brain activity of someone in a comma, or someone having a acid trip, a near death experience, or being dead and coming back to life. It's really a trick of the mind how it can override the centers of the brain to separate a person's awareness away from the dimension of time we perceive when we are conscious. Also the same activity of a schizophrenic person and someone who has a disorder where they experience time flying by like your driving 100 miles per hour, but your sitting still somewhere.

REM sleep is dubbed "paradoxical sleep" because it's actually the same brain activity (EEG pattern) as a someone that is awake.
the study I was referring to didn't use EEG. It was a new type of Electromagnetic Acoustic device they used to study the brain and inner cavities. EEG only covers measuring the activity from the scalp. 

Originally Posted by Wr

the study I was referring to didn't use EEG. It was a new type of Electromagnetic Acoustic device they used to study the brain and inner cavities. EEG only covers measuring the activity from the scalp. 

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You right doggie praise white Jesus and all great white men that came thereafter. The only Gods I can give my allegiances to are the Gods of my ancestors, the Ibo Gods but that's considered paganism today....so where does that leave me? Hmm I guess I'll adopt the same religion that was forced on African American during slavery and Ibo people during European imperialism.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hmmm.. Funny I don't praise a "white jesus" I actually detest that image. And I don't believe in religion, try again. [/color]

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You right doggie praise white Jesus and all great white men that came thereafter. The only Gods I can give my allegiances to are the Gods of my ancestors, the Ibo Gods but that's considered paganism today....so where does that leave me? Hmm I guess I'll adopt the same religion that was forced on African American during slavery and Ibo people during European imperialism.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hmmm.. Funny I don't praise a "white jesus" I actually detest that image. And I don't believe in religion, try again. [/color]

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Wr

hmm fascinating, could you post the study or post a link? The science of sleep has always intrigued me.

Back
Top Bottom