PHANTOM BIBLICAL PASSAGES?

Antwan, what are your thoughts on people using the "God doesn't think it is my time" argument in the face of failure? Recently, LeBronze said he didn't win a ring because God didn't think it was the right time. What goes through someone's mind that honestly feels
A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

About a basketball game. So because he doesn't think it is LeBronze's time to win, he also (for whatever reason) didn't think it was time for ANYONE related to the Miami Heat Organization? Really?

Antwan, what are your thoughts on people using the "God doesn't think it is my time" argument in the face of failure? Recently, LeBronze said he didn't win a ring because God didn't think it was the right time. What goes through someone's mind that honestly feels
A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

About a basketball game. So because he doesn't think it is LeBronze's time to win, he also (for whatever reason) didn't think it was time for ANYONE related to the Miami Heat Organization? Really?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Kramer

I knew most of those weren't, but I probably read it more then most people on here
laugh.gif
here's how my conversation went with my catholic cousin yesterday

Her: People need religion because they can't no what good and bad is without religion.
Me: What about the people who existed before religion was created?
Her: Religion has existed since the creation of man.
Me:  Your religion says that Adam and Eve didn't know what good and bad was when they were created by your God.
Her: I'm not that religious.
Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

you're  right for stonefacing her and then i would have stonefaced you
heres what i wouldve said in her place...."clever thinking but incorrect IMO....to know what good and bad is, is to have knowledge of it no? they didnt need to eat the fruit to know good and evil, they already KNEW (knowledge) what to do (abstain from eating that particular fruit) and what not to do (eat of the fruit).  The tree (to me it seems), was a test of obedience.  When they ate of the fruit their eyes were open in that they felt shame and regret in eating it...disobeying the Great Almighty Original Creator. Chemical properties in the fruit didnt open their eyes (just as weed doesn't get you high, its the reaction of that substance with a balance ALREADY in your bodies that does).  To be aware, conscious, of their shame and regret (burden) was a negative experience unlike any other up until that point.  They felt negative energy a disharmony with their Heavenly Creator." or something along those lines 
laugh.gif

Anton, my friend, question time.....you say you're not a believer ok fine....

so you believe in no Higher Power?  You believe we just exist just to exist and then we die?

Look unto nature (if you do not wish to look unto religious texts) and you will find that nature preaches birth death and rebirth.  Seeds to tree to fruits to seeds to tree etc....

cycles.  But what happens when this very earth and universe is destroyed?  Do black holes not recycle this energy?  It would seem i am arguing for only birth and death and rebirth in this existence but i am not.  look again unto nature.  Do the animals not fear us?  The Bible teaches us the Lord placed us above the animals but not to abuse but to care for them and eat them at times etc.  You can say "oh not all animals ppl get attacked by sharks every day!"  true....but that's because of habitat invasion and possibly because of our current disconnect from nature.....but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.

In pulp fiction didnt jules winfield say to vincent vega, "personality goes along way"

personality defines us and ELEVATES us beyond the animal kingdom beyond even this physical existence....personality and free will to go beyond what nature would have us do.

These are all evidences, imo, that we can transcend the cyclical nature of this world and go off to exist once again with our Heavenly Creator....based on our will to do so and not fall into the temptations (ala serpent) to do contrary.

Your thoughts Anton?

Originally Posted by Kramer

I knew most of those weren't, but I probably read it more then most people on here
laugh.gif

Her: People need religion because they can't no what good and bad is without religion.
Me:  Your religion says that Adam and Eve didn't know what good and bad was when they were created by your God.
Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

heres what i wouldve said in her place...."clever thinking but incorrect IMO....to know what good and bad is, is to have knowledge of it no? they didnt need to eat the fruit to know good and evil, they already KNEW (knowledge) what to do (abstain from eating that particular fruit) and what not to do (eat of the fruit).  The tree (to me it seems), was a test of obedience.  When they ate of the fruit their eyes were open in that they felt shame and regret in eating it...disobeying the Great Almighty Original Creator. Chemical properties in the fruit didnt open their eyes (just as weed doesn't get you high, its the reaction of that substance with a balance ALREADY in your bodies that does).  To be aware, conscious, of their shame and regret (burden) was a negative experience unlike any other up until that point.  They felt negative energy a disharmony with their Heavenly Creator." or something along those lines 
laugh.gif

so you believe in no Higher Power?  You believe we just exist just to exist and then we die?

Look unto nature (if you do not wish to look unto religious texts) and you will find that nature preaches birth death and rebirth.  Seeds to tree to fruits to seeds to tree etc....

cycles.  But what happens when this very earth and universe is destroyed?  Do black holes not recycle this energy?  It would seem i am arguing for only birth and death and rebirth in this existence but i am not.  look again unto nature.  Do the animals not fear us?  The Bible teaches us the Lord placed us above the animals but not to abuse but to care for them and eat them at times etc.  You can say "oh not all animals ppl get attacked by sharks every day!"  true....but that's because of habitat invasion and possibly because of our current disconnect from nature.....but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.

In pulp fiction didnt jules winfield say to vincent vega, "personality goes along way"

personality defines us and ELEVATES us beyond the animal kingdom beyond even this physical existence....personality and free will to go beyond what nature would have us do.

These are all evidences, imo, that we can transcend the cyclical nature of this world and go off to exist once again with our Heavenly Creator....based on our will to do so and not fall into the temptations (ala serpent) to do contrary.

Your thoughts Anton?

Do the animals not fear us?  The Bible teaches us the Lord placed us above the animals but not to abuse but to care for them and eat them at times etc.  You can say "oh not all animals ppl get attacked by sharks every day!"  true....but that's because of habitat invasion and possibly because of our current disconnect from nature.....but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.

Human arrogance.

They fear us because of weapons. Not because of anything that we naturally possess.

I know out of all of that this is what I determined to point out. But yea, I hate that humans feel they are above animals. Why are we above them, because we can use weapons to kill them and eat them? So essentially, because we are allowed to use outside forces (PEDS) means we are superior to out "competitors." I can't agree with that at all. We are all on this earth to help each other and use each other to live strong, healthy, and meaningful lives. I don't see why my life is more important/greater than any other living organism.

@The humans vs. Sharks battle, what are the rules of this fight and where is this fight fought? If we have the advantage, why shouldn't we win?

Do the animals not fear us?  The Bible teaches us the Lord placed us above the animals but not to abuse but to care for them and eat them at times etc.  You can say "oh not all animals ppl get attacked by sharks every day!"  true....but that's because of habitat invasion and possibly because of our current disconnect from nature.....but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.

Human arrogance.

They fear us because of weapons. Not because of anything that we naturally possess.

I know out of all of that this is what I determined to point out. But yea, I hate that humans feel they are above animals. Why are we above them, because we can use weapons to kill them and eat them? So essentially, because we are allowed to use outside forces (PEDS) means we are superior to out "competitors." I can't agree with that at all. We are all on this earth to help each other and use each other to live strong, healthy, and meaningful lives. I don't see why my life is more important/greater than any other living organism.

@The humans vs. Sharks battle, what are the rules of this fight and where is this fight fought? If we have the advantage, why shouldn't we win?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
I keeled over. Like how is that a response?
roll.gif
Statements like that let you know who you shouldn't discuss somethings with.
I've had similar responses in religious arguments. What the hell was she supposed to say? Most religious people wouldn't have had an answer for that either so let's cut her some slack, she prolly just got tongue tied.
ohwell.gif

The irony is, people are in here saying you can't use logic in religious arguments when religious people themselves use it ALL the time. For instance many sects of the judeochristian religions don't necessarily share all of the same believes. But their own "logical" interpretations of the bible has led them to adopt from beliefs while rejecting others. People usually bring up the "you can't be logical" excuse when all their explanations fall apart. Figures
ohwell.gif
Well that's the whole thing about arguments and discussion and ppl's motives when engaging. Are you doing it to share ideas, ideals, and information or to simply "win"? She should've just conceded and claim she had more research to do or something
laugh.gif
and at least acknowledge she shouldn't be making blanket assumptions or claiming things as absolutes. I mean that is all apart of being reasonable and logical. Her only other out was to say her initial statement was hyperbole.

As for the sects there aren't logical interprations to adopt an reject some beliefs. They're just going off what they prefer or making snap judgements before considering the various sides to the issue. It's like ppl never ask themselves is swine really bad? Beef? Are cows really holy? It's funny cuz in that instance I can appreciate Jesus saying "It's not whats goes in your mouth that defiles you but what comes out." Thing is ppl don't apply that simple nugget of wisdom in different areas of their life.

I'm not bringing up the use logical to be on some elitist tip. It's just that religious ppl picking and choosing to use logic to suit their arguments isn't logical. Claiming you're religion is based on faith and all you need is faith to rely on can not work hand in hand with "I'm going to need evidence for GOD not existing." If your faith rests upon not needing any type of support or empirical evidence and relies on a "feeling" then it isn't logical or reasonable. IMO excuses like that (I have a feeling) are left for trivial and arbitrary affairs not something as important as their being a creator or not.
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

Such a frustrating thing DC. Goes for winning awards as well. My dad has a huge issue with this. Wanted the Mavs to win and still got pissed at Terry for attributing the win to GOD. Same thing with some player on the Hornets who would say that before he even answered a question.

It's begun to bug me a bit cuz it's simply irrational. A lot of times they're not simply thanking GOD for being alive or their talent but for winning or playing well. I really appreciate Ray Allen and his comments on it though.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
I keeled over. Like how is that a response?
roll.gif
Statements like that let you know who you shouldn't discuss somethings with.
I've had similar responses in religious arguments. What the hell was she supposed to say? Most religious people wouldn't have had an answer for that either so let's cut her some slack, she prolly just got tongue tied.
ohwell.gif

The irony is, people are in here saying you can't use logic in religious arguments when religious people themselves use it ALL the time. For instance many sects of the judeochristian religions don't necessarily share all of the same believes. But their own "logical" interpretations of the bible has led them to adopt from beliefs while rejecting others. People usually bring up the "you can't be logical" excuse when all their explanations fall apart. Figures
ohwell.gif
Well that's the whole thing about arguments and discussion and ppl's motives when engaging. Are you doing it to share ideas, ideals, and information or to simply "win"? She should've just conceded and claim she had more research to do or something
laugh.gif
and at least acknowledge she shouldn't be making blanket assumptions or claiming things as absolutes. I mean that is all apart of being reasonable and logical. Her only other out was to say her initial statement was hyperbole.

As for the sects there aren't logical interprations to adopt an reject some beliefs. They're just going off what they prefer or making snap judgements before considering the various sides to the issue. It's like ppl never ask themselves is swine really bad? Beef? Are cows really holy? It's funny cuz in that instance I can appreciate Jesus saying "It's not whats goes in your mouth that defiles you but what comes out." Thing is ppl don't apply that simple nugget of wisdom in different areas of their life.

I'm not bringing up the use logical to be on some elitist tip. It's just that religious ppl picking and choosing to use logic to suit their arguments isn't logical. Claiming you're religion is based on faith and all you need is faith to rely on can not work hand in hand with "I'm going to need evidence for GOD not existing." If your faith rests upon not needing any type of support or empirical evidence and relies on a "feeling" then it isn't logical or reasonable. IMO excuses like that (I have a feeling) are left for trivial and arbitrary affairs not something as important as their being a creator or not.

A. God gives a damn
B. God gives a damn
C. God gives a damn

Such a frustrating thing DC. Goes for winning awards as well. My dad has a huge issue with this. Wanted the Mavs to win and still got pissed at Terry for attributing the win to GOD. Same thing with some player on the Hornets who would say that before he even answered a question.

It's begun to bug me a bit cuz it's simply irrational. A lot of times they're not simply thanking GOD for being alive or their talent but for winning or playing well. I really appreciate Ray Allen and his comments on it though.

but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.
roll.gif

Winning on land or on water?  What kind of shark? Tiger Shark, Lemon Shark or a Great White? If it's 200 Great White Sharks in water my money is on the sharks.

but you take a gang of like 100 humans and 200 sharks and i can confidently say we win that fight....not solely due to intellect but because of sheer will power....our individual character and will power.
roll.gif

Winning on land or on water?  What kind of shark? Tiger Shark, Lemon Shark or a Great White? If it's 200 Great White Sharks in water my money is on the sharks.

the serpent represents, the sly and cunning way desire that creeps up in rising fashion like a snake in a person and suggest things to do like a whisper in the ear.
They are separate characters in the story. 

I draw a parallel with the satan of a precursor religion "egyptian religion"-(for lack of a better term and something people can recognize).

The serpent (apep) and satan (set) where two different characters. In order for the sun/christ figure to rise, the serpent is slayed( overcome).

In the cosmology of the creation story, in order for the sun to rise, set, would slay the serpent.

tumblr_lfcakpHWHp1qbz35lo2_400.jpg

Notice in the picture, set(satan) is slaying the serpent which represents, ego, desire, chaos and will of the flesh so that the sun/christ/heru/hero can shine another day as it passes by in the chariot/ solar boat.

The hero slaying of the dragon or serpent is an archetype present in nearly all mythologies and religions across the world. 

St. Georgr slaying the dagon

3462259502_3afd276be3.jpg

Archangel Michael Slaying dragon

images

Bhudda using mental power and focus to master the Nagas/ serpents

naga7.jpg

King Tut with the serpent coiled out of the center of his head. The Pharoah headpiece was symbolic of mastery of the serpent forces, the bird-higher forces since bird's eye perspective on things is from the sky. He is the only known pharoah with the two together on his head piece. All other pharaohs just have the serpent.

King+Tut.jpg

Please don't take me as saying that I said these actual Gods went out and did this. I am simply presenting a similar archetype found across the board and a good example of it. 

Satan is really the opposite polarity of the personality of Jesus. That is what most of the dialogue in the bible between satan and Jesus is, satan tempting Jesus with treasure/pleasures of the world/flesh( lower kingdom) when Jesus acknowledge that his kingdom is above the earth encompassing the heavens and the stars and the upper heavens that sustain all the dimensions/ realms below. Jesus is the manifestation of the father or the sun in flesh which makes him son of the sun. When he speaks about his father's kingdom he is really talking about himself in third person (hence the trinity). When he encarnates into flesh Set/ satan is the Lord/ archon of the lower realm which is why he has the power to bestow earthly riches. But what are earthly riches compared to the universe? Small in comparison, but the illusion of living in the flesh makes it appear as if the world's treasures are greater than what's out there in the rest of the heavens. The battle is between high and low, north and south, good and bad, right and wrong until mastery and balanced of not being either, or but all things. Mastery of the serpents desire,or base primal urges to achieve enlightenment, or christening. 

Horus and set symbolically unifying the symbols that represent lower kingdom/body and the higher body. The symbol in the middle is a trachea and represents breathing, or flow of breath of life to the shennu( circuit of the  sun symbol representing royal title and incarnation of the Ngu/Pharoah) because of unification. In the mythology it is also Set the cuts up the kingdoms body in the slaying of the king (osiris) at his festival. and cuts his body into parts. Set is the personification of "setting your self up for failure" and heru is the personification of becoming the "hero" and conquering your failures.

horus_set_sm.jpg

Pharaoh/Ngu/ Was the SaRa( manifestation of the sun on earth) with horus and set on either side in the same fashion that we see the good and bad angel guiding our decisions

hrs-set-ram3-cai.jpg

homer_simpson_angels_and_demons-11209-252x300.jpg

satan-three.jpg

Set/ Satan is even still to this day depicted as red with horns and a tail. Representative of lower forces and chaotic hybridization of animal gene manipulation- ( set is characterized as a hybrid like animal that one can't quite definitely say what it is)

00000000000000000000set.png

I think of heaven to be a place where polarities do not exist. 

the serpent represents, the sly and cunning way desire that creeps up in rising fashion like a snake in a person and suggest things to do like a whisper in the ear.
They are separate characters in the story. 

I draw a parallel with the satan of a precursor religion "egyptian religion"-(for lack of a better term and something people can recognize).

The serpent (apep) and satan (set) where two different characters. In order for the sun/christ figure to rise, the serpent is slayed( overcome).

In the cosmology of the creation story, in order for the sun to rise, set, would slay the serpent.

tumblr_lfcakpHWHp1qbz35lo2_400.jpg

Notice in the picture, set(satan) is slaying the serpent which represents, ego, desire, chaos and will of the flesh so that the sun/christ/heru/hero can shine another day as it passes by in the chariot/ solar boat.

The hero slaying of the dragon or serpent is an archetype present in nearly all mythologies and religions across the world. 

St. Georgr slaying the dagon

3462259502_3afd276be3.jpg

Archangel Michael Slaying dragon

images

Bhudda using mental power and focus to master the Nagas/ serpents

naga7.jpg

King Tut with the serpent coiled out of the center of his head. The Pharoah headpiece was symbolic of mastery of the serpent forces, the bird-higher forces since bird's eye perspective on things is from the sky. He is the only known pharoah with the two together on his head piece. All other pharaohs just have the serpent.

King+Tut.jpg

Please don't take me as saying that I said these actual Gods went out and did this. I am simply presenting a similar archetype found across the board and a good example of it. 

Satan is really the opposite polarity of the personality of Jesus. That is what most of the dialogue in the bible between satan and Jesus is, satan tempting Jesus with treasure/pleasures of the world/flesh( lower kingdom) when Jesus acknowledge that his kingdom is above the earth encompassing the heavens and the stars and the upper heavens that sustain all the dimensions/ realms below. Jesus is the manifestation of the father or the sun in flesh which makes him son of the sun. When he speaks about his father's kingdom he is really talking about himself in third person (hence the trinity). When he encarnates into flesh Set/ satan is the Lord/ archon of the lower realm which is why he has the power to bestow earthly riches. But what are earthly riches compared to the universe? Small in comparison, but the illusion of living in the flesh makes it appear as if the world's treasures are greater than what's out there in the rest of the heavens. The battle is between high and low, north and south, good and bad, right and wrong until mastery and balanced of not being either, or but all things. Mastery of the serpents desire,or base primal urges to achieve enlightenment, or christening. 

Horus and set symbolically unifying the symbols that represent lower kingdom/body and the higher body. The symbol in the middle is a trachea and represents breathing, or flow of breath of life to the shennu( circuit of the  sun symbol representing royal title and incarnation of the Ngu/Pharoah) because of unification. In the mythology it is also Set the cuts up the kingdoms body in the slaying of the king (osiris) at his festival. and cuts his body into parts. Set is the personification of "setting your self up for failure" and heru is the personification of becoming the "hero" and conquering your failures.

horus_set_sm.jpg

Pharaoh/Ngu/ Was the SaRa( manifestation of the sun on earth) with horus and set on either side in the same fashion that we see the good and bad angel guiding our decisions

hrs-set-ram3-cai.jpg

homer_simpson_angels_and_demons-11209-252x300.jpg

satan-three.jpg

Set/ Satan is even still to this day depicted as red with horns and a tail. Representative of lower forces and chaotic hybridization of animal gene manipulation- ( set is characterized as a hybrid like animal that one can't quite definitely say what it is)

00000000000000000000set.png

I think of heaven to be a place where polarities do not exist. 

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Your thoughts Anton?

I believe in nature, alternate universes, wormholes, aliens races, I believe our universe is limitless in its mysteries. I don't know what happens when we die, last time I checked I've never died
ohwell.gif
.  I'll be ok with just ceasing to exist and having my organic matter recycled to provide life for another creature-this is a form of rebirth if I'm not mistaken. I honestly fail to see what any of what you said has to do with God. None of this provides any ounce of evidence of "God" being a creator. IMO "God did it" is the lazy explanation to all of life's mysteries. In fact many religious people use the "awe of our universe and nature" as justification of a supreme being and creator, never once to they sit and think of how this so-called creator came to be. The mystery of genesis never applies to the creator, I wonder why that is
ohwell.gif
. Why doesn't anyone ever looked past God? Furthermore, we barely know what God is yet we insist on characterizing it/him/her. I believe what people call God could possibly be an alien and we're its little experiment. It is possible that in the large scope of the universe we are like mere viruses and completely insignificant. These are all as plausible as a man with a beard sitting in heaven sending floods to punish us.

Assuming God exists, which one created the universe. What happened to the Gods that preceded the one in your bible...truth be told I'll believe in the Gods of Ibo-land before I believe in the God in the bible which is considered paganism by many.

Animals have personalities, human beings need to stop thinking they're "special" on this earth. We share this earth with many other wonderful creatures who have just as much right to life and are majestic in their unique ways. Not all predators are "created equal"
grin.gif
,  and we weren't always the most dominant predator on this planet. In the water unless a human being is in a submarine with rockets I'm not betting against the shark. Religion has a tendency to oversimplify the complexities of our existence....the world isn't 2000 years old or whatever the hell the bible says it is.

Me: 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Your thoughts Anton?

I believe in nature, alternate universes, wormholes, aliens races, I believe our universe is limitless in its mysteries. I don't know what happens when we die, last time I checked I've never died
ohwell.gif
.  I'll be ok with just ceasing to exist and having my organic matter recycled to provide life for another creature-this is a form of rebirth if I'm not mistaken. I honestly fail to see what any of what you said has to do with God. None of this provides any ounce of evidence of "God" being a creator. IMO "God did it" is the lazy explanation to all of life's mysteries. In fact many religious people use the "awe of our universe and nature" as justification of a supreme being and creator, never once to they sit and think of how this so-called creator came to be. The mystery of genesis never applies to the creator, I wonder why that is
ohwell.gif
. Why doesn't anyone ever looked past God? Furthermore, we barely know what God is yet we insist on characterizing it/him/her. I believe what people call God could possibly be an alien and we're its little experiment. It is possible that in the large scope of the universe we are like mere viruses and completely insignificant. These are all as plausible as a man with a beard sitting in heaven sending floods to punish us.

Assuming God exists, which one created the universe. What happened to the Gods that preceded the one in your bible...truth be told I'll believe in the Gods of Ibo-land before I believe in the God in the bible which is considered paganism by many.

Animals have personalities, human beings need to stop thinking they're "special" on this earth. We share this earth with many other wonderful creatures who have just as much right to life and are majestic in their unique ways. Not all predators are "created equal"
grin.gif
,  and we weren't always the most dominant predator on this planet. In the water unless a human being is in a submarine with rockets I'm not betting against the shark. Religion has a tendency to oversimplify the complexities of our existence....the world isn't 2000 years old or whatever the hell the bible says it is.

Do the animals not fear us?  
Human arrogance.

its not arrogance. its truth.....a wise man once said never underestimate the power of human will....loosely phrased
and i dont think we are above them in that they are less important and not without purpose or their own lessons to teach us....my whole mini-essay is about living harmoniously with nature and people and above all our Creator (which by extension would flow to all other living being since they were created by YHWH)

humans vs sharks?......we need Deebo type cats that know how to tussle....maybe sharks was a bad example since they are mad fluid in the water and water is like outer space for us.....it slows us down....so in the shark battle we would defintely need spears or some sort of projectile dealy.......maybe lions would be a better example.....i aint afraid of no lion man....ive been near em and they dont strike fear in me.  i strike fear in them....i am also not gonna underestimate their power on a one on one level so i keep my space they keep theirs.....an army of deebos would find a way to beat the lions....defintely dogs and easily howler monkeys.  early!

Do the animals not fear us?  
Human arrogance.

its not arrogance. its truth.....a wise man once said never underestimate the power of human will....loosely phrased
and i dont think we are above them in that they are less important and not without purpose or their own lessons to teach us....my whole mini-essay is about living harmoniously with nature and people and above all our Creator (which by extension would flow to all other living being since they were created by YHWH)

humans vs sharks?......we need Deebo type cats that know how to tussle....maybe sharks was a bad example since they are mad fluid in the water and water is like outer space for us.....it slows us down....so in the shark battle we would defintely need spears or some sort of projectile dealy.......maybe lions would be a better example.....i aint afraid of no lion man....ive been near em and they dont strike fear in me.  i strike fear in them....i am also not gonna underestimate their power on a one on one level so i keep my space they keep theirs.....an army of deebos would find a way to beat the lions....defintely dogs and easily howler monkeys.  early!

Ok since we have switched the discussion a little bit, I have a question.

Of course there is no right or wrong way to look at this but I pose a question.

I have recently been reading, "Lies my Teacher told me." And I am on the section that speaks on how Native Americans were given a "religious ultimatum" that essentially said they can either accept Christianity or Die by the Influence/Power of God. Kind of turns me of even more about how people use religion as a means of control and oppression. Of course I knew all of these things but people always say to me, "You can't hold the religion responsible for how man uses it." But I say, man uses it SO much the way in which he wants, how am I not to be turned off by it?

I don't know man, it is just pissing me off whenever I see so many people of color praising this White Jesus as the 1st coming.

Every night that you go to sleep you experience death. You just return to your body to wake up. Death is when you leave the flesh for good and never return. If you don't remember your dreams, or think you don't dream at all, it could have something to day with your brain chemistry

Ok since we have switched the discussion a little bit, I have a question.

Of course there is no right or wrong way to look at this but I pose a question.

I have recently been reading, "Lies my Teacher told me." And I am on the section that speaks on how Native Americans were given a "religious ultimatum" that essentially said they can either accept Christianity or Die by the Influence/Power of God. Kind of turns me of even more about how people use religion as a means of control and oppression. Of course I knew all of these things but people always say to me, "You can't hold the religion responsible for how man uses it." But I say, man uses it SO much the way in which he wants, how am I not to be turned off by it?

I don't know man, it is just pissing me off whenever I see so many people of color praising this White Jesus as the 1st coming.

Every night that you go to sleep you experience death. You just return to your body to wake up. Death is when you leave the flesh for good and never return. If you don't remember your dreams, or think you don't dream at all, it could have something to day with your brain chemistry

IMO If Jesus is a white man, it has nothing to do with the color of his skin or race. Jesus is just so powerful he just emits light. He can be described as being white, but It would only be a description of his light, not his flesh (which Jesus Christ that returns will be beyond). That would be yet another attempt at people trying to humanize things and concepts that are above human level of understanding  and knowing
roll.gif
roll.gif
at deebo being the game changer in all this 

IMO If Jesus is a white man, it has nothing to do with the color of his skin or race. Jesus is just so powerful he just emits light. He can be described as being white, but It would only be a description of his light, not his flesh (which Jesus Christ that returns will be beyond). That would be yet another attempt at people trying to humanize things and concepts that are above human level of understanding  and knowing
roll.gif
roll.gif
at deebo being the game changer in all this 

You got it dude.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom