PHANTOM BIBLICAL PASSAGES?

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Wr

I just watched a documentary where they studied the brain activity of rem sleep vs. conscious brain. A person sleeping has the same brain activity of someone in a comma, or someone having a acid trip, a near death experience, or being dead and coming back to life. It's really a trick of the mind how it can override the centers of the brain to separate a person's awareness away from the dimension of time we perceive when we are conscious. Also the same activity of a schizophrenic person and someone who has a disorder where they experience time flying by like your driving 100 miles per hour, but your sitting still somewhere.

The human brain is fascinating and very complex indeed

REM sleep is dubbed "paradoxical sleep" because it's actually the same brain activity (EEG pattern) as a someone that is awake.
the study I was referring to didn't use EEG. It was a new type of Electromagnetic Acoustic device they used to study the brain and inner cavities. EEG only covers measuring the activity from the scalp. 

hmm fascinating, could you post the study or post a link? The science of sleep has always intrigued me.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Eh, you could post a million emoticons in your post.. race does play a big factor in this.[/color]

You right doggie praise white Jesus and all great white men that came thereafter. The only Gods I can give my allegiances to are the Gods of my ancestors, the Ibo Gods but that's considered paganism today....so where does that leave me? Hmm I guess I'll adopt the same religion that was forced on African American during slavery and Ibo people during European imperialism.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hmmm.. Funny I don't praise a "white jesus" I actually detest that image. And I don't believe in religion, try again. [/color]

Then we have nothing to argue then. I just hate it when people play that oh you don't believe in Jesus you aint black card, like my ancestors worshipped Jesus Christ....get outta here with that nonsense.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Someone who accepts a religion that was forced on them and used to perpetuate slavery has a lot of nerve talking to me about what's pro-black and what isn't. Everytime I hear this $$## it warrants a Gillie da kid stoneface.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Eh, you could post a million emoticons in your post.. race does play a big factor in this.[/color]

You right doggie praise white Jesus and all great white men that came thereafter. The only Gods I can give my allegiances to are the Gods of my ancestors, the Ibo Gods but that's considered paganism today....so where does that leave me? Hmm I guess I'll adopt the same religion that was forced on African American during slavery and Ibo people during European imperialism.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hmmm.. Funny I don't praise a "white jesus" I actually detest that image. And I don't believe in religion, try again. [/color]

Then we have nothing to argue then. I just hate it when people play that oh you don't believe in Jesus you aint black card, like my ancestors worshipped Jesus Christ....get outta here with that nonsense.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Someone who accepts a religion that was forced on them and used to perpetuate slavery has a lot of nerve talking to me about what's pro-black and what isn't. Everytime I hear this $$## it warrants a Gillie da kid stoneface.

Originally Posted by Wr

REM sleep is dubbed "paradoxical sleep" because it's actually the same brain activity (EEG pattern) as a someone that is awake.
the study I was referring to didn't use EEG. It was a new type of Electromagnetic Acoustic device they used to study the brain and inner cavities. EEG only covers measuring the activity from the scalp. 

hmm fascinating, could you post the study or post a link? The science of sleep has always intrigued me.

I can't find the documentary, but the process is called electromagnetic tomography(EMT).
It's the application of the same technology used to find sub surface minerals by using emp to detect the the tones and pitches bouncing back of whatever they are looking for. Like Gold would sound a certain way, oil would have a different tone, etc. Like high tech sonar

Originally Posted by Wr

I can't find the documentary, but the process is called electromagnetic tomography(EMT).
It's the application of the same technology used to find sub surface minerals by using emp to detect the the tones and pitches bouncing back of whatever they are looking for. Like Gold would sound a certain way, oil would have a different tone, etc. Like high tech sonar

laugh.gif
grin.gif

what's the stance that race takes in all of this?

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Another question, for those that believe in Heaven, please be real with me.

When we die, does the concept of boredom leave our souls because what would be fun drinking milk and honey while on our knees praising God all day? That can't be fun at all. Come on people. Folks only want to go to Heaven because they don't want to go to Hell.

this again? weren't you talking about threesomes in heaven? 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Another question, for those that believe in Heaven, please be real with me.

When we die, does the concept of boredom leave our souls because what would be fun drinking milk and honey while on our knees praising God all day? That can't be fun at all. Come on people. Folks only want to go to Heaven because they don't want to go to Hell.

this again? weren't you talking about threesomes in heaven? 

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

laugh.gif
grin.gif

To be honest, I have no idea. Some black people seem to think not being Christian or being a religious free agent somehow makes you less Afro-centric which is a load of crap if you ask me. My Chinese friend was telling me he got the same thing from some Asian Christians and got offended-seeing how historically the Judeochristian religion has very little to do with his people. There's also this new wave of black people becoming Mormons, turning a blind eye to the very racist history of Mormon religion.  Everybody seems to think God has a special place in it's heart for their particular race. Ironically this type of mentality has led to many crimes against humanity being committed against those who were deemed infidels and not God's children.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

laugh.gif
grin.gif

To be honest, I have no idea. Some black people seem to think not being Christian or being a religious free agent somehow makes you less Afro-centric which is a load of crap if you ask me. My Chinese friend was telling me he got the same thing from some Asian Christians and got offended-seeing how historically the Judeochristian religion has very little to do with his people. There's also this new wave of black people becoming Mormons, turning a blind eye to the very racist history of Mormon religion.  Everybody seems to think God has a special place in it's heart for their particular race. Ironically this type of mentality has led to many crimes against humanity being committed against those who were deemed infidels and not God's children.

AntonLaVey wrote: None of this provides any ounce of evidence of "God" being a creator. IMO "God did it" is the lazy explanation to all of life's mysteries. I believe what people call God could possibly be an alien and we're its little experiment. It is possible that in the large scope of the universe we are like mere viruses and completely insignificant.
A) did i once use the word God? No
B) you are looking with your eyes and not your heart. your logic blinds you.  
tired.gif

C) attributing something other than us as totalitarian creators is very unselfish and very un-human.

D) attributing One source other than mutiple sources is very sophisticated....in that ancient peoples had 1,000s of gods, lighting water etc....

and this sophistication dwelt long before ancient pantheons....yet i still call is sophisticated? think about it

E) if we are mere viruses or 'insignifcant' species?....do we not treat those same viruses (in relation to us) with some respect?....validity? do not underestimate your value and that value to your Creator.

F) if we are experiments of the aliens who made the aliens.....simplicity (monotheism) is paramount......or in NT terms why busy random shoes never hold the same weight as simple classic designs do (Adidas 1970's forest green suede celtics halfshells, AJ 3's or Air Force 1s for example)

G) i never said anything about some italian painters rendition of a white bearded "god" on a cloud as being the end all be all.....im very much above eurocentrism (even if i succumb to it- as we all do - SOMETIMES).

H) predators being created equal is right....youre right were not all created equal....hence checks and balances.....some gigantic fish alien from outer space could some smite us right now but thats not to say we are insignificant or w/o meaning

I) you say religion has way of oversimplifying the complex.....you hit the nail on the head......this world this organization of matter is very complex.....but to break it down into simplest terms (back to one source) how graceful and ultimate is that? just think about that. really. as i have thought about EVERYTHING you said in relation to my posts

J) The Bible says 1000 years in our terms is but a day to the Lord (proverbs i believe). so when the Bible says 3,000 years existence whatever is relative....dont read too much into it. i havent

K) finally, i like how you say how insignificant we are....honestly i do....we are supposed to be humble and not haughty....youre on the right path.  you and all non believers of the ONE SOURCE are close......"The Kingdom Of Heaven Is At Hand"

AntonLaVey wrote: None of this provides any ounce of evidence of "God" being a creator. IMO "God did it" is the lazy explanation to all of life's mysteries. I believe what people call God could possibly be an alien and we're its little experiment. It is possible that in the large scope of the universe we are like mere viruses and completely insignificant.
tired.gif

C) attributing something other than us as totalitarian creators is very unselfish and very un-human.

D) attributing One source other than mutiple sources is very sophisticated....in that ancient peoples had 1,000s of gods, lighting water etc....

and this sophistication dwelt long before ancient pantheons....yet i still call is sophisticated? think about it

E) if we are mere viruses or 'insignifcant' species?....do we not treat those same viruses (in relation to us) with some respect?....validity? do not underestimate your value and that value to your Creator.

F) if we are experiments of the aliens who made the aliens.....simplicity (monotheism) is paramount......or in NT terms why busy random shoes never hold the same weight as simple classic designs do (Adidas 1970's forest green suede celtics halfshells, AJ 3's or Air Force 1s for example)

G) i never said anything about some italian painters rendition of a white bearded "god" on a cloud as being the end all be all.....im very much above eurocentrism (even if i succumb to it- as we all do - SOMETIMES).

H) predators being created equal is right....youre right were not all created equal....hence checks and balances.....some gigantic fish alien from outer space could some smite us right now but thats not to say we are insignificant or w/o meaning

I) you say religion has way of oversimplifying the complex.....you hit the nail on the head......this world this organization of matter is very complex.....but to break it down into simplest terms (back to one source) how graceful and ultimate is that? just think about that. really. as i have thought about EVERYTHING you said in relation to my posts

J) The Bible says 1000 years in our terms is but a day to the Lord (proverbs i believe). so when the Bible says 3,000 years existence whatever is relative....dont read too much into it. i havent

K) finally, i like how you say how insignificant we are....honestly i do....we are supposed to be humble and not haughty....youre on the right path.  you and all non believers of the ONE SOURCE are close......"The Kingdom Of Heaven Is At Hand"

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

tired.gif

For the record what I said about aliens and our "insignificance" is a theory, wasn't meant to be read that as fact. It's a theory that is JUST as plausible or possibly more than anything that is written in the bible.  We have no idea what God is, for a species that plays "God" all the time how could it not be plausible that we're simply some higher and more intelligent being's experiment.

I don't think human beings are insignificant, but I do think it is possible that we are insignificant from the perspective of whatever "God" is out there. The God in the bible sent a flood that destroyed all human beings without thinking of the children and possibly innocent people he could have killed. Clearly we're somewhat insignificant in his/her/its eyes. This is very different from me saying life on planet earth is insignificant, pay attention to the wording. I value "this life" and I wish my fellow man would get through "this life" as comfortably and pain-free as possible, learn and experience as much as you can, make a positive contribution to future generations. If certain people placed as much value on this life as I did, there would be no people killing themselves in hopes of scoring with virgins in the afterlife.

Yo open your eyes B and think with your heart....I love that one. Whenever you don't believe in someone's unproven theories that's their go to response. Oh my God!!! you believe in a different God than I do....think with your heart not your own logic.

Would it be any different if I told you sir that I actually did believe in a God and he's a very very very old God....older than whatever God you worship and he is in fact the right God. What would your response be? Oh bdw the God has a trillion heads, with hair of spaghetti, can teleport like Noob Saibot and a penis that stretches infinitely across the universe. And this God masturbated everything into existence.

Your God is the wrong God.

Someone has a very different idea of what God is than you do, myself included...except mine are simply various very plausible theories of a higher being.

Oh my bad, replace everytime I said "God" with "Creator" if that makes you sleep better at night
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

tired.gif

For the record what I said about aliens and our "insignificance" is a theory, wasn't meant to be read that as fact. It's a theory that is JUST as plausible or possibly more than anything that is written in the bible.  We have no idea what God is, for a species that plays "God" all the time how could it not be plausible that we're simply some higher and more intelligent being's experiment.

I don't think human beings are insignificant, but I do think it is possible that we are insignificant from the perspective of whatever "God" is out there. The God in the bible sent a flood that destroyed all human beings without thinking of the children and possibly innocent people he could have killed. Clearly we're somewhat insignificant in his/her/its eyes. This is very different from me saying life on planet earth is insignificant, pay attention to the wording. I value "this life" and I wish my fellow man would get through "this life" as comfortably and pain-free as possible, learn and experience as much as you can, make a positive contribution to future generations. If certain people placed as much value on this life as I did, there would be no people killing themselves in hopes of scoring with virgins in the afterlife.

Yo open your eyes B and think with your heart....I love that one. Whenever you don't believe in someone's unproven theories that's their go to response. Oh my God!!! you believe in a different God than I do....think with your heart not your own logic.

Would it be any different if I told you sir that I actually did believe in a God and he's a very very very old God....older than whatever God you worship and he is in fact the right God. What would your response be? Oh bdw the God has a trillion heads, with hair of spaghetti, can teleport like Noob Saibot and a penis that stretches infinitely across the universe. And this God masturbated everything into existence.

Your God is the wrong God.

Someone has a very different idea of what God is than you do, myself included...except mine are simply various very plausible theories of a higher being.

Oh my bad, replace everytime I said "God" with "Creator" if that makes you sleep better at night
ohwell.gif

again, i dont subscribe to the set Masculine pattern of "god" that some do.....so masturbation means nothing to me....and you addressed a fraction of my points that i made.

my mind is alot more open then you think.....but it's my heart that tells me what my mind should do....and my heart is not found merely in my chest.....it is accumulative and paramount.

please address all the points i made and what they make you think and feel.

again, i dont subscribe to the set Masculine pattern of "god" that some do.....so masturbation means nothing to me....and you addressed a fraction of my points that i made.

my mind is alot more open then you think.....but it's my heart that tells me what my mind should do....and my heart is not found merely in my chest.....it is accumulative and paramount.

please address all the points i made and what they make you think and feel.

Back
Top Bottom