People on welfare?

How do I get on welfare as a student?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Curious24

i dont think i approve of this welfare nonsense or anything of that kind

do you even understand the concept of welfare?

and im not talking bout ebt/foodstamps type stuff

Wat sucks is that..... Im too rich to get welfare..... and too poor to be rich...

It's all screwed up but apart from that, its appreciated. I just wish since Im a student full time and work full time there were some benefits for broke students that barely make it pay check to pay check... FML

this isnt a topic for NT and it should be locked cause theres just gonna be a big %+* argument
smh.gif
smh.gif

We've discussed this before and the consensus was that welfare needs tons of reform. We almost entirely agreed upon:

If you're to receive government aid you need to take drug testing like anybody on some sort of probation, and practice firm birth control or risk losing your benefits. If you can't take care of yourself, you shouldn't bring in another life to suffer/struggle, too.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

We've discussed this before and the consensus was that welfare needs tons of reform. We almost entirely agreed upon:

If you're to receive government aid you need to take drug testing like anybody on some sort of probation, and practice firm birth control or risk losing your benefits. If you can't take care of yourself, you shouldn't bring in another life to suffer/struggle, too.
THIS!

Originally Posted by CaeserRay

QFT, the welfare system definitely gets abused.

Originally Posted by Curious24

i dont think i approve of this welfare nonsense or anything of that kind
Are you stupid??

I would like too see you live in the shoes of people who HAVE to be on welfare/food stamps

smh.gif

also, the average poor person (as defined by the US census) in the united states has more living space than the average individual in paris and several other european countries
poor folks (US census defined) also on average have 2 color TV's, a fridge, two working cars, and a microwave and alot of other things we wouldnt consider a poor person as possesing
and they still recieve gov't assistance

Who is this "we" that agreed upon the bull #$%# that you proceeded to type?

If you're to receive government aid you need to take drug testing
So the child suffers because the mother is a drug addict?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

so fund them.....BUT the mother sells the ebt or uses the money for drugs? then what...?

Originally Posted by air max 87

so fund them.....BUT the mother sells the ebt or uses the money for drugs? then what...?
I-dunno-lol.jpg

no, if the mother is a drug addict the child will live with a relative or be taken into foster care.

i don't have a problem with the welfare concept, but like Russ that G said we need to reform the system. there needs to be some kind of regular affirmation that people are making an effort to improve their situation, and that they aren't being self-destructive.

i'm all for someone that's struggling getting assistance to improve themselves, but their needs to be pressure put on by the system to see these people improve themselves and get off that rather then depend on it. some people are content living on welfare and it sucks they have that mentality just because they could be doing better if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom