Parks and Recreation vol. Ron Swanson ftw

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Ron's pyramid had me in tears

the only good show left on this Thursday lineup
Community disagrees as does 30 Rock.
Great episode, Rob Lowe has been great and I was initially hesitant about him being on the show before his first appearance. His crying and tears after the speech was hilarious.

The Tom jealousy angle felt a tad forced but his lack of basketball knowledge and Ron throwing the chair like Knight was completely worth it. I'm glad they didn't  make Andy and April get back together or completely shut the door on it as well. It was a great part of last season and hopefully he'll win her back sooner than later. We already had them slowly introduce their romance and interest, I'd be disappointed if him winning her back took all season.

Also be interested in seeing if the Harvest Festival is going to be something they build towards all season, which is what it seemed like... or if it'll just be wrapped up in the next couple episodes. Regardless, I'm thrilled this is back on TV finally, hopefully it gets the ratings and respect it deserves from the general public this season.

Great episode, Rob Lowe has been great and I was initially hesitant about him being on the show before his first appearance. His crying and tears after the speech was hilarious.

The Tom jealousy angle felt a tad forced but his lack of basketball knowledge and Ron throwing the chair like Knight was completely worth it. I'm glad they didn't  make Andy and April get back together or completely shut the door on it as well. It was a great part of last season and hopefully he'll win her back sooner than later. We already had them slowly introduce their romance and interest, I'd be disappointed if him winning her back took all season.

Also be interested in seeing if the Harvest Festival is going to be something they build towards all season, which is what it seemed like... or if it'll just be wrapped up in the next couple episodes. Regardless, I'm thrilled this is back on TV finally, hopefully it gets the ratings and respect it deserves from the general public this season.

Swanson: "I will turn you from boys to men. Men to Gladiators. Gladiators into Swansons"

laugh.gif

Swanson: "I will turn you from boys to men. Men to Gladiators. Gladiators into Swansons"

laugh.gif

Ron is hilarious. The hernia scenes were too funny, he was straight staring at the janitor. Also, the bacon turkey leg, how he bit into it and yelled out "Freddy Spaghetti!".

I hate the auditors Derek (name from Step Brothers) and Rob Lowe.

Ron is hilarious. The hernia scenes were too funny, he was straight staring at the janitor. Also, the bacon turkey leg, how he bit into it and yelled out "Freddy Spaghetti!".

I hate the auditors Derek (name from Step Brothers) and Rob Lowe.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

^ Did you watch the first season? Because it doesn't hit it's stride until season 2. Also, if you watched two random episodes then you wouldn't get the backstory/characters, etc.

Watch the first season, it's only 6 episodes, then try watching a few of season 2.

Hopefully OP updates this thread and keeps up with it weekly so we can try to spread the word some more and have discussion.

stuck through the first season. I actually like it now from watching the second season.

^ Did you watch the first season? Because it doesn't hit it's stride until season 2. Also, if you watched two random episodes then you wouldn't get the backstory/characters, etc.

Watch the first season, it's only 6 episodes, then try watching a few of season 2.

Hopefully OP updates this thread and keeps up with it weekly so we can try to spread the word some more and have discussion.

stuck through the first season. I actually like it now from watching the second season.

Those who stuck with it throughout the 1st season knew it had potential.

This and Community are the comedies that are going to carry NBC for the next 5 years.

I know what you're thinking; Community's shelf-life is limited due to its premise, but they'll work around that. 

This and Community are the comedies that are going to carry NBC for the next 5 years.

I know what you're thinking; Community's shelf-life is limited due to its premise, but they'll work around that. 

Originally Posted by Club29

I just hope they don't end up dragging the show on like the Office.

I just hope they don't end up dragging the show on like the Office.

maybe they'd continue with them going to a 4 year college or they'll fail a few courses like i did when i went to community college.  
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

i said it before in the season 1 thread, the weird characters you meet in community college make you feel like you're on a different planet.  the funny characters on the show remind me of them.

maybe they'd continue with them going to a 4 year college or they'll fail a few courses like i did when i went to community college.  
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

i said it before in the season 1 thread, the weird characters you meet in community college make you feel like you're on a different planet.  the funny characters on the show remind me of them.

Originally Posted by justballin11

Awesome, glad to hear it. It's a great show and takes some time to appreciate it.

You don't know what I'm thinking... don't even try.
Spoiler [+]
Don't

Originally Posted by justballin11

Awesome, glad to hear it. It's a great show and takes some time to appreciate it.

You don't know what I'm thinking... don't even try.
Spoiler [+]
Don't

My roommate and I are huge fans of the show, so I printed out the Swanson Pyramid and taped it on the wall above the toilet, so every time I use the bathroom I can read a couple more words of wisdom
laugh.gif

My roommate and I are huge fans of the show, so I printed out the Swanson Pyramid and taped it on the wall above the toilet, so every time I use the bathroom I can read a couple more words of wisdom
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom