Parks and Recreation vol. Ron Swanson ftw

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Ron and his "ex-wife" on the show are married in real life.

hes 12 years younger than she is too.
eek.gif
eek.gif

"You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.'"
roll.gif

Ron's concern and worry over what happened to the old steaks
"Since I'm not a rabbit, no I would not"
Amy Poehler's multiple takes of how she got dumped might be my favorite she's done on the show
Tom having Ben to play off of was a good change of pace, different character interactions is one of the better things the show does... then he went right into dancing with Donna
laugh.gif

If they handle April and Andy like they did in this episode, I'm not worried about it getting too cheesy or forced, their actions were right along with their characters so that was good.

Strong episode top to bottom.

"You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.'"
roll.gif

Ron's concern and worry over what happened to the old steaks
"Since I'm not a rabbit, no I would not"
Amy Poehler's multiple takes of how she got dumped might be my favorite she's done on the show
Tom having Ben to play off of was a good change of pace, different character interactions is one of the better things the show does... then he went right into dancing with Donna
laugh.gif

If they handle April and Andy like they did in this episode, I'm not worried about it getting too cheesy or forced, their actions were right along with their characters so that was good.

Strong episode top to bottom.

ron swanson ftw. loved it when he broke down at the grill to find mushrooms not steaks 
laugh.gif
, and his order at the diner. 

ron swanson ftw. loved it when he broke down at the grill to find mushrooms not steaks 
laugh.gif
, and his order at the diner. 

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Ron Swanson's nonchalant, cynical attitude >>>>> 

and that makes him the ideal man. Been following the Ron swanson pyramid. Completely changed my life.

I nominate him for "The most interesting man in the world on TV"

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Ron Swanson's nonchalant, cynical attitude >>>>> 

and that makes him the ideal man. Been following the Ron swanson pyramid. Completely changed my life.

I nominate him for "The most interesting man in the world on TV"

posted this in the community season 2 thread, but good news for parks and rec fans!
[h1]'Parks and Recreation,' 'Community' and 'The Office' earn early pickups for fall[/h1]
by Lynette Rice

Categories: CommunityParks and RecreationTelevisionThe OfficeTV Biz

NBC reaffirmed its commitment to three of its critically beloved comedies today by announcing 2011-12 pickups for The Office, Parks and Recreation andCommunity.

“I am so pleased to renew these three outstanding comedies which are all at the top of their game creatively,

posted this in the community season 2 thread, but good news for parks and rec fans!
[h1]'Parks and Recreation,' 'Community' and 'The Office' earn early pickups for fall[/h1]
by Lynette Rice

Categories: CommunityParks and RecreationTelevisionThe OfficeTV Biz

NBC reaffirmed its commitment to three of its critically beloved comedies today by announcing 2011-12 pickups for The Office, Parks and Recreation andCommunity.

“I am so pleased to renew these three outstanding comedies which are all at the top of their game creatively,

Really liked tonight's episode, hilarious from start to finish. I think the writers are doing a great job with Andy and April's relationship. It's affectionate and natural without trying to jump the shark and throw it in our faces. They were close to making Andy too stupid by not saying I love you too, but he made up for it on the Ferris Wheel. The Ben and Leslie relationship has been developed nicely as well. Anytime the writers give you a history of the town and try to convey how insane the people are usually ends up being hilarious. The love of Lil Sebastien, the fear of curses, etc. the town is a great character of the show.

Some highlights:
- Ron's reactions to the mini-horse, I'm glad they're not making him 100% a ridiculous, meat-loving caricature. He's playful at times and he's an observant character when he "fixed" everyone's problems on the ferris wheel
- I've said before probably, but the show is great when they can pair up characters that don't get a lot of screen time together, Donna and Ann's scenes were pretty funny
-
roll.gif
@ getting Larry Bird's aunt for autographs

Just a great episode.

Really liked tonight's episode, hilarious from start to finish. I think the writers are doing a great job with Andy and April's relationship. It's affectionate and natural without trying to jump the shark and throw it in our faces. They were close to making Andy too stupid by not saying I love you too, but he made up for it on the Ferris Wheel. The Ben and Leslie relationship has been developed nicely as well. Anytime the writers give you a history of the town and try to convey how insane the people are usually ends up being hilarious. The love of Lil Sebastien, the fear of curses, etc. the town is a great character of the show.

Some highlights:
- Ron's reactions to the mini-horse, I'm glad they're not making him 100% a ridiculous, meat-loving caricature. He's playful at times and he's an observant character when he "fixed" everyone's problems on the ferris wheel
- I've said before probably, but the show is great when they can pair up characters that don't get a lot of screen time together, Donna and Ann's scenes were pretty funny
-
roll.gif
@ getting Larry Bird's aunt for autographs

Just a great episode.

Back
Top Bottom