pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't see how that would be possible
nerd.gif

it is
smokin.gif

Nice just in time for an upgrade

keyboard looks like a PAIN tho..... they better fix it or provide a good touch keyboard or whatever

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Not all that impressed and the fact it's on Sprint = EPIC FAILURE. Palm, wut? lulz, nobody cares.

iPhone > Pre
You don't like multitasking?

You don't like editing (highlight, copy, cut, pase)?

You don't like having mms (picture/video/audio mail)?

You've never wanted a back-up battery?

I love the iPhone, but I don't like two three four things:

1. I can't edit
  2. I can't multitask
  3. I can't sync my notes
  4. No smart dialing
I look forward to both this device and the next iPhone, but I won't leave my plan for either.

Regarding the Pre, I have one more question, will I be able to download Windows Live Search?
a) Multitasking is nice, iPhone does it, just in a different way than the Pre.
b) Of course no built in editor tools sucks but there are ways to get those functions on the iPhone.
c) A built in MMS would have been awesome, but I have Swirly MMS, it has some quarks but it works and does the job right!
d) I rarely drain my iPhone to red status but I do have a wall charger at my office and I'm being at school I'm always near a USB outlet.

I see your point, it's always nice to have these features built in instead of going a 3rd party route. Hopefully the Pre and other phones put pressure onApple to release some of the options to be put into the OS with a firmware upgrade. Far as the Pre goes, it looks just like an iPhone and functions almost likeone too but I already have an iPhone, I don't need another one and having a built in edit, mms and removal battery is not gonna sway me to Sprint.

it's always nice to have these features built in instead of going a 3rd party route. Hopefully the Pre and other phones put pressure on Apple to release some of the options to be put into the OS with a firmware upgrade. Far as the Pre goes, it looks just like an iPhone and functions almost like one too but I already have an iPhone, I don't need another one and having a built in edit, mms and removal battery is not gonna sway me to Sprint.

I have to think that apple is going to add many of these basic features (background notifications of IMs, streaming music in the background, mms,editing) by the time this phone comes out.

Then again, maybe not. If I had an iPhone, I wouldn't switch to a Pre either. If I didn't have a $30-a-month plan with Sprint, I'd likely have aniPhone & put up with the feature it doesn't have.

Sprint needs the Pre and other devices just to retain their customers. Of course, it's going to be a hard climb back after ruining their reputation.

Palm started this smartdevice/smartphone craze and was left behind. they became the "sega dreamcast" of wireless devices fora while...
i remember when i saw the treo 650, it destroyed almost everything else out. but then palm burned out and disappeared for a while.

i want to see where this goes because apple and RIM are tough competitors to go up against.
also Nokia and its N series is amazing too. imo its probably better than everything else out. i would like to see them release an all touch device.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

i want to see where this goes because apple and RIM are tough competitors to go up against.
also Nokia and its N series is amazing too. imo its probably better than everything else out. i would like to see them release an all touch device.
there is a Nokia N97 coming out, and (although not an N-Series) the 5800 Xpressmusic which is out now.

My friend was telling me about this last night. The idea seems cool. Lets see this actually turns out. The wireless charging seems cool.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Not all that impressed and the fact it's on Sprint = EPIC FAILURE. Palm, wut? lulz, nobody cares.

iPhone > Pre
Sprint & Windows Vista have to be the most mistaken companies/products ever. I've rocked my Palm Centro for over 1 year, with no problems, does everything I need, (text, internet, facebook, youtube, google maps, video, camera) and it cost me $50 for the phone and $30 a month for the plan. Do the math vs. the Iphone!
laugh.gif

I was wishing the recession would teach Americans to be smart with their money. I guess not.

The Pre looks fantastic, like the rep at CES stated, why try to compete with Iphone, just do what the consumers need. Can't wait, will def. cop.
And guess what? Your $30 is not obsolete when you try to upgrade to another phone through sprint.
roll.gif
Guess that Sero plan is gonna be ZERO when you have to upgrade to their $60+plan.
laugh.gif

PALM's stock is setting up in a very bullish pattern, might be one of the future market leaders of 09. They could be on to something.

And guess what? Your $30 is not obsolete when you try to upgrade to another phone through sprint. image Guess that Sero plan is gonna be ZERO when you have to upgrade to their $60+ plan. image

I remember reading that SERO users would not be able to add the Instinct onto their account, but I believe that proved to be false. Every other recent releaseappears to eligible for those on SERO accounts.

Originally Posted by PetePeteO

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

iPhone > Pre
Sprint & Windows Vista have to be the most mistaken companies/products ever. I've rocked my Palm Centro for over 1 year, with no problems, does everything I need, (text, internet, facebook, youtube, google maps, video, camera) and it cost me $50 for the phone and $30 a month for the plan. Do the math vs. the Iphone!
laugh.gif

I was wishing the recession would teach Americans to be smart with their money. I guess not.

The Pre looks fantastic, like the rep at CES stated, why try to compete with Iphone, just do what the consumers need. Can't wait, will def. cop.
And guess what? Your $30 is not obsolete when you try to upgrade to another phone through sprint.
roll.gif
Guess that Sero plan is gonna be ZERO when you have to upgrade to their $60+ plan.
laugh.gif
<-------------
indifferent.gif

Dude is obviously mad he pays $60+

hate hate

I got 2 candidate for 2009.

Nokia N97 -very nice looking phone,Symbian always a + for me. too bad its not multi touch screen.

Palm Pre - great UI,multi touch+gesture
pimp.gif
....downside new OS (lacks of support/3rd party apps).

My cousin had to give up his SERO for the Instinct, after 6 months, he's ready to return it, states it's annoying.

My SERO plan ends around the end of the year, hopefully the PRE drops under my spending limit of $150 for a cell phone. Even if I end up under the Everythingplan, my corporate discount is a blessing.

My cousin had to give up his SERO for the Instinct, after 6 months, he's ready to return it, states it's annoying.

Dag, they never allowed them on SERO? I hope they don't do that with this phone. I guess we'll find out as we get closer.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Dag, they never allowed them on SERO? I hope they don't do that with this phone. I guess we'll find out as we get closer.
Wow your cousin lost
laugh.gif

SERO > any phone that will ever come out.

Sprint let me switch from my mogul to the touch diamond, to the touch pro with no problem
My advice to you guys is to take advantage of anytime sprint screws with you for any reason. Bring that up when you want to get your way and they will do it noproblem. I just got $1000+ bill brought all the way down to $200 something
laugh.gif

EDIT: $88
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Might have to get, been wanting to upgrade my sprint mogul.

I've been waiting to upgrade my Treo 700. I just hope that the price isnt bad and they let me put it on the sero. Also, I am torn btwn the new BB Niagra.

Looks intresting, I currently own a Palm device and I'm very happy with it. I need to see more spec's and some videos of the phones interface in realtime before I would cop.

Back
Top Bottom