Pac 12 Basketball Thread

Gameday
pimp.gif

I'm really really really liking the chances that both Washington teams start 3-0 to start the season.Washingtion is 17 point underdogs against the Cornhuskers. Makes no sense and if you're a bettor has extreme value.

First off, the big problem UW had in both games last year against Nebraska was not being able to pass. Well, Mel Kipers #2 ranked Cornerback for next years draft, Alfonzo Dennard wil most likely be on the sidelines for this one. Even more, without Dennard, that secondary is looking mighty young and inexperienced.

Secondly, Polk, Polk, Polk, Callier, Polk...Nebraska had a tough time stopping Washington's run game in the Holiday Bowl and I can't see why it would be any different now given Washington being more balanced between both running and passing efficiently.

WSU vs. SDSU - I can't see the Aztecs blowing out the Cougs, as WSU can score. Even with Marshall Lobbestael. The senior is more than capable of leading this team to a win today and even beyond today...Game should be close so the Cougars have a chance.

When was the last time both UW and WSU both started off 2-0 let alone 3-0. I don't know the answer, but it had to be a long time ago.

WSU can hang offensively with SDSU, just not sure they can make a huge stop if it comes down to it. Washington just can't stop anything, even though their offense is putting up numbers.

proud of Udub today, haven't been this happy about the offense is a very very very long time. D had its moments today and I still don't like Nick Holt though

Special teams needs some serious focus as well

#7 UCLA 52-14 (2005) (still the best football game I have ever been too
pimp.gif
)
#8 Cal 24-20 (2006)
#2 Oregon 34-24 (2007)
#9 Iowa 34-27 (2010)

Just a couple of times in the past 6 years when an unranked Arizona team beat a top 10 opponent at home.

#6 Stanford (2011) ?????

Was at the Presbyterian-Cal game...Cal didn't look super sharp despite the final score...Maynard is going to need to be a tad bit more consistent against Pac-12 opponents.

eek.gif
how much of a possibility is it for UT, OU, OSU, and TT to join the pac 12, is this serious or is ESPN just blowing smoke
nerd.gif

I'm at work and I'm missing the game... I've been gamecasting on my phone all day though!
Edit: Damn bad timing.. 
ohwell.gif
 We needed this game to possibly be ranked and to have more confidence since the next two games are gonna be tough.

Originally Posted by SGpinoy

Damn Maynard, you throw for over 300 and you end the game like that? Sheeesh.
What exactly happened? Did he throw it out of bounds or something? I wasn't able to see it since I'm at work.

4 Walk-ons on the offensive line, starting 10 kids as freshman/RS freshman...

What did they expect to happen this year?
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by urbano wears nikes

Originally Posted by SGpinoy

Damn Maynard, you throw for over 300 and you end the game like that? Sheeesh.
What exactly happened? Did he throw it out of bounds or something? I wasn't able to see it since I'm at work.

Yep. 4th and goal and he went to Allen, the correct target, but it wasn close. That fade to the corner was horrid, very Alex Smith-esque.

Back
Top Bottom