Pac 12 Basketball Thread

Cal's defense is always inconsistent. Sometimes they stop everything but on the road they seem to lose their luster.

Great game
pimp.gif
, gonna see what Maynard is made of in crunch time.

Michael Calvin coming through in the clutch. I had PE with him! 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Washington's defense is horrible. They're 2-0, but it's ugly. They will get eatin' alive against the Q's of the Pac-12 the way their D plays.

^its going to get ugly if we don't get off to the fast starts and build a cushion like we have the last few weeks. 0 pass rush, QB have all the time in the world to pick the right passes. Thank god we have Desmond.

Regardless we're 2-0. Let's keep it up and win the rubber match against Nebraska.

CLUTCH
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maynard to Allen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nice to see we have a QB who can actually come through in crunch time for once
smokin.gif

WSU might cause some problems this year. I know it's two bad teams so far, but they've absolutely destroyed both.

^ Yeah. Marshall played well today. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up and when Tuel comes back if Wulff goes with the hot hand.

Keenan Allen > Robert Woods
grin.gif
    *Come at me Bro*

Maynard didn't have the prettiest game but made the plays when it counted
pimp.gif

Not sure if serious about that Keenan Allen > Robert Woods comment.  How about that Richardson kid from Colorado?  275+ yards and 2 TDs receiving!  Him, Woods, and Farmer all on the same HS team 
sick.gif

Anyway, the PAC as a whole doesn't look too impressive so far but we'll see.

didn't see the game but i heard marc anthony was givin it up like a sophomore on prom night. always thought he had the tools to be a good cover guy, guess not. keenan and marvin are the best set of wideouts we've had since desean, lavelle and robert.

what's up with another blocked xp? get georgio some more muscle milk

What did we learn from Week 2 of Pac-12

1. The Pac-12 mostly handled "Measuring Stick" week: Oregon State and Arizona -- big underdogs on the road against ranked teams -- got whipped at Wisconsin and Oklahoma State, respectively. But Arizona State beat Missouri and the rest of the conference held serve, though UCLA's struggles with San Jose State weren't good. Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Washington State each soundly took care of business. 

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Dean HareWashington State's Marshall Lobbestael passed for 361 yards and five touchdowns on a banner weekend for Pac-12 quarterbacks.
2. Pac-12 quarterbacks could put up huge numbers this year: Forget the names. This is what's notable: Pac-12 quarterbacks accounted for 33 TD passes this weekend and just four interceptions. Seven threw three or more TD passes. Five threw for more than 350 yards. Only UCLA passed for less than 230 yards. 

3. Oregon State, at least at present, is the new Washington State: The Beavers are 0-2 with a big thud. The Cougars are 2-0 with big grins. The Beavers lost to an FCS team, then got shut out. They have a big-time quarterback controversy. They are clearly alone in the basement of the Pac-12, living in the moldy apartment Washington State leased for a long time. The Cougars blew out two foes without their starting QB and have a good shot at a 3-0 start if they can win at a good San Diego State team on Saturday. They're talking about moving into a better neighborhood. 

4.USC can win in the fourth: You could call USC's performances in the second half of the first two games mediocre to bad. Or you could note that the Trojans are now 2-0 having made plays in the fourth quarter that sewed up wins. Considering how badly things went in the fourth quarter in 2010, that might be a meaningful measure of the Trojans' character. 

5. Arizona StateCalifornia and Washington have found their QBs: Cal's Zach Maynardand Washington's Keith Price both threw four touchdown passes in victories Saturday. ASU's Brock Osweiler threw three TD passes and ran for a fourth in a win over Missouri on Friday. Here's a guess all three sets of fans are far less worried about the position today than they were in the preseason.

@Bruce Waynee Add Marqise Lee to that list as well. Serra was STACKED.

Cal fans, how's Moala been looking?

Im convinced that 80% of NikeTalk lives in the Bay Area. Anyways, hoping ASU can pull off a win in Illinois this week, we are only 1 point favorites. Gonna need some momentum going into the USC game 
pimp.gif

Im convinced that 80% of NikeTalk lives in the Bay Area. Anyways, hoping ASU can pull off a win in Illinois this week, we are only 1 point favorites. Gonna need some momentum going into the USC game 
pimp.gif

I know Oregon State always starts bad and ends strong (they're like the Chargers of the conference) but the fact they lost at home to WSU last year and started so bad this year, they may just be that bad all season.

Originally Posted by JUS3

@Bruce Waynee Add Marqise Lee to that list as well. Serra was STACKED.

Cal fans, how's Moala been looking?

He hasn't been playing much, but I'm sure they are just letting him test the waters before fully diving into college football.

I need that ASU win this weekend. I'm going out to Tempe for the game against USC and them going undefeated into it would be sick.

Back
Top Bottom