OZARK [A Netflix Original Series | Season 3 | 2019??]

Wyatt had a chance to leave Darlene and it cost him his life. Dude was burying them bodies knowing good and well **** could get him killed

I dont like the end... Ruth was smart enough to know what was up when she saw the Caddy in her drive way. Her walking up unarmed was just stupid and unlike her character who was usually on point. Also Wendy should have died, and dudes sister Carmella or whatever her name was.

The ending was terrible but I liked how anyone could die. It didnt matter. But they had to honor the source material. Point is Main characters should be able to die. And they killed the best character in the show. Its nice to see that.

I do hate how they did Ruth in the typical “Poor people can’t have anything, and every time you get something, we have to take something from you in exchange” motif…. My only gripe. The only truly good person in this show, wanted to see her win.

The weirdest thing was how they made Marty a boss for one episode and then BOOM back to being Wendy’s ****old. I enjoyed cartel boss Marty, it was a nice character arc.

Marty was cool cause he was essentially a background character in the slot of a main one. The guy was content just laundering money and never trying to do anything to accumulate any power. Then he got involved purely to appease Wendy.

Marty pouring his heart out to his daughter and she telling to do marriage counseling, then he saying why he cant, is hilarious.

Wendy having the crazy faces lmao.

I dont like the end... Ruth was smart enough to know what was up when she saw the Caddy in her drive way. Her walking up unarmed was just stupid and unlike her character who was usually on point. Also Wendy should have died, and dudes sister Carmella or whatever her name was.

Ruth was smart to a degree but she wasn’t really built like that. First gun she actually shot on the show was Javi. Every other time she just ran and got a rifle out of her trailer to scare ppl. She wasn’t ever riding around strapped ready to up it in a hurry.

Whole thing was a view on American class structure via the Byrds vs Langmore.
And this is what annoyed me. Really pushed this theme to the limit. Fiction is a means to get away from this kind of thing, and yet they took the "hahah you're poor so you're doomed to suffer" thing way further than they needed to

i enjoyed the show overall. ending wasn’t a total disaster but second half of this last season was not the strongest. the van rolling at the start of the season was a total red herring - **** tumbled and they caught a taxi home 🫤

i thought marty was gonna get killed though.

my wife was watching inventing anna and it took me a long time to realize that was ruth. she’s more versatile than i expected. didn’t remember her in maniac and the americans.

Every show doesn’t need or require a sad ending. Feel like people wanted Wendy and Marty to die

Every show doesn’t need or require a sad ending. Feel like people wanted Wendy and Marty to die

I don't think its about requiring a sad ending......I think lot of times the audience is expecting someone of importance to die.......especially to a family that quite frankly deserves some loss.......people want and expected wendy because she is cold/ruthless, how many people did she get killed on the show other than her bro? it wouldnt have been sad had wendy died.....its sad that ruth died..

jonah? lets not forget dude just killed a 100% innocent man....

they get to leave the ozarks and go to chicago better than when they first left Chicago....their family whole, stronger....while the best of the langmores killed ruth and wyatt......

Last edited:
wanted the son to die

Shiiiiiiit. Jonah is the real villain on this show if they wanted to make a spin off in about 3 years.

If the Lagunas were smart, they'd bring Jonah in to get them back popping and go back to war w/ the Navarro. Kid inherited some pretty wild genes from his mom's side of the family and has all of the intellect from his dad. He's practically bred for a role like Cartel boss.

Kid would have clapped dude in front of that whole table if he caught him stealing from the cartel.

Wendy carried in season 2. She had a few laugh out loud moments in the second half :lol:

With Wendy’s dad being a ***, the writers could’ve had a parallel between how she and Wendy had **** childhoods because of their fathers and they could’ve “bonded” because of that or something instead of them just being catty at each other the entire time. Would’ve made for an interesting parallel .

Finished up the show. I was not disappointed and I'm going to miss it so much.

Ruth is a great character but it was obvious she needed to go :rofl:

Ruth wasn't that smart, was a hot head the whole series, just the smartest Langmore. Still doomed to the Langmore curse.

Whole thing was a view on American class structure via the Byrds vs Langmore.

She was smart and resourceful but ironically not street smart. The whole show was just her asking to get killed. She was redneck smart but for someone who grew up around crimes she was breaking way too many simple rules.

Back
Top Bottom