OVERRATED MOVIES? *flamesuits must be worn beyond this point*

I liked Kill Bill but Inglourious Basterds was not good to me.

Christoph Waltz was great though...especially in the opening scene with the farmer.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago but recently I saw Inglourious Basterds again (first time in the theatre, this time on TV) and really enjoyed it. I was disappointed the first time but it really grew on me.

This thread it too much 
laugh.gif
. EVERYTHING is overrated. Srs, I do think over time Will Smith has become overrated. He keeps taking the safe bet movies and he's become bland at this point. 

Benjamin Button...
...to me was the biggest, stinkin, pile of crap that I had seen in awhile.

I remember the critics raving, and all the Oscar buzz.

When I saw it I was like *****!

How are people saying Boondock Saints and Donnie Darko are overrated?? Those are both CULT classics. For a movie to be overrated it would have to be at least mainstream.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it, but wow at the critic-audience ratings disparity of Boondock Saints on Rotten Tomatoes...that's got to be a record.

Last edited:
Pursuit of happiness?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Please tell me how that movie is overrated...
Please tell me how it was good? Because it was a real story right? Because since it was a real story you felt bad for that guy because it really happened.... That alone does not make a movie good. Story moved at a snails pace, was cheesy, and was just overall bad. Its also one of those movies that every one and their mom swears is a 10/10 and it sucks.

Star Wars the originals are booty???

I have been rustled, lol
Yup they are bad. Bad as individual movies, and bad as a trilogy. People are always over rating trilogies though, that, the Godfather, Lord of the Rings, etc etc etc. The Dark Knight Trilogy is the best trilogy ever.
snails pace? It was real life bro...

The dude made some stupid mistakes... Investing all of his money into something that wasn't going to work.

His own baby's mother was negligent.

It showed a father that tried to do what he could for his kid... He had an amazing IQ, but was dealt unfortunate luck...

The part where he was in the bathroom? Son... I fought back tears... The fine line between the innocence of a child and the real world was so thin at that scene...

When he got the $5 back from the boss man at the end...

I was like "**** yeeeaaaahhhh!!!" :pimp:

Pursuit of happiness?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Please tell me how it was good? Because it was a real story right? Because since it was a real story you felt bad for that guy because it really happened.... That alone does not make a movie good. Story moved at a snails pace, was cheesy, and was just overall bad. Its also one of those movies that every one and their mom swears is a 10/10 and it sucks.

I have been rustled, lol
Yup they are bad. Bad as individual movies, and bad as a trilogy. People are always over rating trilogies though, that, the Godfather, Lord of the Rings, etc etc etc. The Dark Knight Trilogy is the best trilogy ever.

The dude made some stupid mistakes... Investing all of his money into something that wasn't going to work.

It showed a father that tried to do what he could for his kid... He had an amazing IQ, but was dealt unfortunate luck...

The part where he was in the bathroom? Son... I fought back tears... The fine line between the innocence of a child and the real world was so thin at that scene...

I was like "**** yeeeaaaahhhh!!!"
pimp.gif
Good for the real life version of that dude, but you just proved my point. You were too concerned with the fact that it was based on a true story, the actual movie was pure trash. I found out it was a true story after I watched it, which is how everyone should have watched it, then more people woudl see it for the subquality garbage that it is.

Waking the Dead, Family Man, Raising Arizona, Lord of War, Adaptation.....Hes not the greatest actor but hes def been in some decent movies
yeah his acting was actually good in family man. National treasure movies were cool too but he is overrated

King Kong was overrated. That theatre was packed for a movie that wasn't that good. Peter Jackson directed it too, from the lord of the rings

Pursuit of happiness?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I have been rustled, lol

I was like "**** yeeeaaaahhhh!!!"
pimp.gif
Good for the real life version of that dude, but you just proved my point. You were too concerned with the fact that it was based on a true story, the actual movie was pure trash. I found out it was a true story after I watched it, which is how everyone should have watched it, then more people woudl see it for the subquality garbage that it is.
Pure trash? That's a little harsh. I thought it was pretty average. Reserve "pure trash" for movies like Saw ___

The Matrix, Avatar, Titanic, Reservoir Dogs.

Finally...
The entire Star Wars franchise. I am a Star Wars fan, but I was watching the movies again recently and thought to myself "There is no way a series like this would even last if it were released today". It's only awesome through it's nostalgic and sentimental value, because these movies as actual movies (fanboyism aside), kinda suck and dialogue (especially Episodes I-III) is terrible.

How about an underrated movies thread? Could be interesting

Back
Top Bottom