OVERRATED MOVIES? *flamesuits must be worn beyond this point*

The Matrix

The original was good but the sequel franchise that spawned from it was terrible. They should have stopped after the first movie, but it was popular and there was money to be made so they stretched it out into for all and more than it was worth.

Last edited:
The Matrix, Avatar, Titanic, Reservoir Dogs.

Finally...
The entire Star Wars franchise. I am a Star Wars fan, but I was watching the movies again recently and thought to myself "There is no way a series like this would even last if it were released today". It's only awesome through it's nostalgic and sentimental value, because these movies as actual movies (fanboyism aside), kinda suck and dialogue (especially Episodes I-III) is terrible.
I agree with you; I'm not a big Star Wars fan. However, rating a film by the "how well would it be received today?" metric alone, without regard to the time period within which it was made, is juvenile--and the vast majority of films made pre-1980 would fail by it. Is old school KRS-One-style hip-hop buns just because it wouldn't get any airplay today? Citizen Kane/Vertigo/etc. would "last" about 0 seconds today, but you can't say they aren't great pieces of cinema.

Last edited:
I couldn't get into the whole Matrix thing. I just never liked the movies. The first one was just okay to me, the others were boring.

Anyone who says Avatar, we can all agree on that. Avatar was so boring IMO.

r u nuts? One of the greatest and funniest movies of all time. Talladega nights I kinda agree with
I watched it after most people did hearing how it was the "funniest movie of all time." Maybe it's just me, but hearing a bunch of randomness isn't that funny. Talladega Nights > Step Brothers in my opinion.

Last edited:

paid in full 
grin.gif

I watched it after most people did hearing how it was the "funniest movie of all time." Maybe it's just me, but hearing a bunch of randomness isn't that funny. Talladega Nights > Step Brothers in my opinion.
to each his own but it is one of the funniest of all time in my book. Watched it like ten times, still find it funny. The Campaign was also hilarious

to each his own but it is one of the funniest of all time in my book. Watched it like ten times, still find it funny. The Campaign was also hilarious
Yeah maybe part of it was people quoting the movie all of the time so I'd already heard half the lines. I do need to see that at some point, it looked pretty funny.

Last edited:
Hunger Games < 

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas < 

Clockwork Orange < 

Titanic < 

This damn thread...

It's easy to **** on movies, can we get a 'what makes a good movie' thread.
And imma need more than 'good story, good drama good, good writing, clichè, clichè' cuz all these damn movies have all of that.

Yeah maybe part of it was people quoting the movie all of the time so I'd already heard half the lines. I do need to see that at some point, it looked pretty funny.
yeah, that's y before I watch a movie in theatres I try to avoid watching trailers, especially not reviews. Might glance at the score but definitely not trying to have the story and/or jokes ruined for me. Hate it when they put the funniest jokes in the commercials smh

Surprised no one said the village yet. Big letdown. Mr. Night owes me 25 bucks back for wasting my time.

This damn thread...

It's easy to **** on movies, can we get a 'what makes a good movie' thread.
And imma need more than 'good story, good drama good, good writing, clichè, clichè' cuz all these damn movies have all of that.
It won't matter. That thread would just be subjective also. Unless you just like to argue on the internet for argument's sake. 

Surprised no one said the village yet. Big letdown. Mr. Night owes me 25 bucks back for wasting my time.
THIS!!! I still want my money back for that POS. MY girl said it was creative. I think otherwise I'm tired of Shamylan trying to fool everybody. It's just not cool at this point. 

Back
Top Bottom